BC Liquor Store Ads Race Issues

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Oh oh, somebody made white people look bad, dumpster is offended.

White people are perfect, excuse me while I huff some bath salts and chew my arm.

Not to be confused with a Paki wagon...

haha, Taliban Bentley.

Did you see the Canucks Stanley Cup riot? All drunk white bastards.

In their defence, they were under the influence of bath salts.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
In these ads it is only white people who are either drunk or in jail. A little unbalanced. If Canada is a multicultural country where everyone is treated equally, then non-white people have to be presented as living on the dark side of life too. The non-white people are only in happy situations, a father to be, or graduating from school.

Among a certain segment of society, where is the shock value in a "person of colour" behind bars?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Among a certain segment of society, where is the shock value in a "person of colour" behind bars?

These ads the BCLC would likely say are for informational, educational and cautionary purposes, not shock value. All part of harm reduction. Other companies like Benneton are into shock value, pushing the limits as much as they can, but always as nicely as possible with clothes.

Liquor is not a fun subject as its effects are often not very funny at all. Maybe from now on they shouldn't use any pics of humans, just words when they send out warnings.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
WTF, Dumpy? The guy in one of those pics looks asian. (BTW, besides caucs, asians are the largest group of ethnics in BC at about 16%. Caucs are about 77%, FN are about 5%). Who do you really think does most alcohol drinking in BC?
Pop some more acid. You're funny.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
MADD has a TV ad where all the people of the community get upset at a white man who wants to drink and drive. Because Canada is now a multicultural country, the govt says so, other races may now be depicted in our media as doing dumb/dangerous things. Time for the media to catchup. No?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
MADD has a TV ad where all the people of the community get upset at a white man who wants to drink and drive. Because Canada is now a multicultural country, the govt says so, other races may now be depicted in our media as doing dumb/dangerous things. Time for the media to catchup. No?

Where are you going with this one?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
MADD has a TV ad where all the people of the community get upset at a white man who wants to drink and drive.
In my neighbourhood, they'd cheer him on.

Hey dumpy....

You can get a bunch of wine bags and crayons from BC liquor stores for a class of kids to decorate. (They need whine bags for dumpy)

Without a pink crayon, they'll never be able to draw white people.

Problem solved.​

Oh sh*t! The bag is the same colour as my skin!