Argument Against 1 million Immigrants

OmegaOm

Electoral Member
Nov 4, 2017
First off. I am not racist or am I against any immigrant themselves. I am a scientific environmentalist. I believe in immigration but very moderately.

The main reason why we should not let in so many immigrants is because of our environment.
There is not many pristine landscapes left on Earth. You can say Canada, Brazil, and Russia is about the only places left on Earth that is relatively untouched by humans. Ecologists say we need 3 Earths to support the population we have now on Earth.

Contrary to what some say the solution to immigration is to spread them out over the country, we should instead keep the people all in one place. Spreading them out would be better in the short term for the people, but in the end its worse for the environment and people in the long term.

The most logical solution to solve our population problem on Earth, is to keep all the people in one spot in the world, while the rest of the world remains untouched and unpolluted, there by keeping the Earths ecosystem healthy everywhere but the small area where the people are. This is impractical and unrealistic, so the next best thing is to not populate the untouched wildernesses we have left, and Canada is one of them.

By bringing in another million immigrants, is going to bring in another million bags of garbage every week. More plastic, chemicals, is going to spread through our water systems. More roads more house's blocking off our wildlife's habitat. We in 3 years are going to increase Canada's pollution by 1/30, but then many of these millions will have kids and in the long term increase Canada's pollution exponentially.

I voted for the liberals because they are suppose to be scientific. But it seems our Liberals, are more capitalistic. Capitalism requires growth to make more and more money. It seems Trudeau wants to get our country on track to get our population up to 350 million like the states, so we can be making lots of money like the states. Unfortunately this is the thing that will kill of of us in the end. I do not mind living in a capitalistic society, but frankly capitalism the way it is now is destroying the planet. For example we ship our apples to China so they can make apple juice and ship it back to us, while polluting the ocean and disturbing the whales in the process. Totally inefficient and illogical. We should make and by local as much as we can. Free trade is good for the corporations only.

The world needs to stop the growth very soon, at the very least stop the growth in Canada, Russia and Brazil. Before it is too late. This is science. The data the evidence the logic all says so. Canada can help the third world by sending food knowledge and other assistance, but keep the last remaining healthy environments clean. Without our precious environment we might as well try to prepare to live on Mars on Earth in the future.
Can we get a really wise and smart politician in there. The green Party is the only party I see using their minds and are not swayed by the corporations to live good in the very short term. Let Canada lead the world in a new way to really protect our planet instead of pretending to do so.

OmegaOm

Electoral Member
Nov 4, 2017
Also they say we need 1 million immigrants for jobs. Meanwhile it was just in the news, that most immigrants find it hard to get a job and dont have a job. they obviously lying about job shortages. So there use be another reason why they are doing this.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The Immutable Laws of Deniers

1. Any post that starts out - "First off I am not a racist" will be racist.

2. Any post starting off "The fact is" will be followed by an opinion.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Great! Just what Canada needs...a million more Cab drivers calling me 'Boss' and telling me they're actually Astronauts in their home country.

The Immutable Laws of Being an Anonymous Internet Poster

Hoid- "I have 22 years of service"

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
from an environmental perspective, it open borders makes sense since it will encourage people to move from resource-poor areas to resource-rich areas and so move to areas that can most sustain population growth while reducing the burden on over-stressed areas.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Great! Just what Canada needs...a million more Cab drivers calling me 'Boss' and telling me they're actually Astronauts in their home country.

The Immutable Laws of Being an Anonymous Internet Poster

Hoid- "I have 22 years of service"

And I flew helicopters in vietnam....
It's just as valid as an internet soldier

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
our women will love it

You've obviously never suffered sexual assault have you. I can tell you from experience that it's horrific and the victim couldn't care less what religion the perpetrator professes, his nationality, his race, or even his sex for that matter.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I'm just reporting the results of the immigration you champion
guess who is supporting rape

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

Have you read the article:

“The facts in this case do not support the original charges filed,”

Rape is among the most difficult crimes to prove beyond reasonable doubt. That's why I favour making fornication a fine-able offence. That said, i also believe in presuming a person innocent until proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt. And you? Do you believe in due process?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Not really wanting to argue. But there is this thing lately with running invasions using everyone else's troubled populations.
There was what 33 million "unarmed" illegals in the US a couple years ago.

the US government armed them after the fact ( obama's fast and furious)

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
You can't argue with an apologist!

So what do you propose? My first sexual encounter was when I was eight with an adult woman. For various reasons, she never got charged for it. Yet in spite of that, I still believe in due process. Are you saying that to defend due process makes a person a rape apologist?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Have you read the article:

“The facts in this case do not support the original charges filed,”

Rape is among the most difficult crimes to prove beyond reasonable doubt. That's why I favour making fornication a fine-able offence. That said, i also believe in presuming a person innocent until proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt. And you? Do you believe in due process?

Yeah i picked it quickly becuase the photo you are ignoring wasn't plain enough - there was how many photos there?
The consequences of NOT wanting to argue with an apologist who is bound and determined to IGNORE the facts.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Yeah i picked it quickly becuase the photo you are ignoring wasn't plain enough - there was how many photos there?
The consequences of NOT wanting to argue with an apologist who is bound and determined to IGNORE the facts.

What facts? That rapists rape?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm not really interested in the opinions of racists. Intelligent Canadians know we need more immigrants and lots of them