Are you created in God's image?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
how would anyone know the answer to that.

By thinking of what such a God might ask based on what is said about what he has already asked and done.

For instance. Could you emulate God or follow his order to torture a baby for 6 days before finally killing it as scriptures show God doing in the King David story?

Regards
DL

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
¯ Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Dawkin's comments are a laugh riot. What a maroon. What instruments does God have on earth except the hands of man. On whose ticket is all this rightly put.

I've often referred to Job 37 as the quintissential biblical response to (some) men's grating conceit, ingratitude and incomprehension. It points to the incapacity of a finite, temporal and natural creature.. to fully understand the ultimate intentions of an infinite, eternal and supernatural Creator.

And on the Rock of Christ, everything is resolved.. and is perfect.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Absolutely, CS. The remedy is Christ.
It would be if you only understood what that meant. Christ is not a separate entity from anything. It is a state of consciousness that many have achieved. I once wrote, "the second coming is not an event but a process". Until one grasps that concept, they are just farting in the wind.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
It would be if you only understood what that meant. Christ is not a separate entity from anything. It is a state of consciousness that many have achieved. I once wrote, "the second coming is not an event but a process". Until one grasps that concept, they are just farting in the wind.

Your passion/persistence in attempting to correct me is admirable, Cliffy, however I find your form/content aggressive/unfamiliar.

Christ who rescued/restores me is "gentle and humble in heart" (Matthew 11:29), "full of grace and truth" (John 1:14.17), and "the same yesterday, today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8 NIV).

Christ who rescued/restores me is "gentle and humble in heart" (Matthew 11:29), "full of grace and truth" (John 1:14.17), and "the same yesterday, today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)

Yes, FP, I am created in the image of God which incarnated in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the many ways these discussions clarify things for me : ) Thanks!

Last edited:

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Dawkin's comments are a laugh riot. What a maroon. What instruments does God have on earth except the hands of man. On whose ticket is all this rightly put.

I've often referred to Job 37 as the quintissential biblical response to (some) men's grating conceit, ingratitude and incomprehension. It points to the incapacity of a finite, temporal and natural creature.. to fully understand the ultimate intentions of an infinite, eternal and supernatural Creator.

And on the Rock of Christ, everything is resolved.. and is perfect.

I prefer Job 2 where God says that Satan moved him to destroy without cause. God admits to murder.

Which Christ do you refer to?

The immoral barbaric human sacrifice you have to embrace. The one where God says it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty?

Regards
DL

Your passion/persistence in attempting to correct me is admirable, Cliffy, however I find your form/content aggressive/unfamiliar.

Christ who rescued/restores me is "gentle and humble in heart" (Matthew 11:29), "full of grace and truth" (John 1:14.17), and "the same yesterday, today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8 NIV).

Yes, FP, I am created in the image of God which incarnated in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the many ways these discussions clarify things for me : ) Thanks!

Here is some clarity for you my friend.

Think as above so below and if you should bury your children or if you would choose to kill and bury one of yours.
Think then repent.

How will you get yourself into heaven? On your own merit or via a scapegoat?

Revisit substitutionary atonement or vicarious redemption and scapegoating with me just to refresh your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty. Scapegoating IOW.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning as we all know that it is immoral to kill the innocent. God knows this yet Christians do not seem to. You do. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a son just to prove it's benevolence. When you die, Satan will ask you; how was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

If and when you say yes, you become his.

-----------------------------------

The other option in scriptures, a moral one, is shown here. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Scriptures indicate that God prefers repentance to sacrifice and as God’s will is supreme and cannot be thwarted, this will come to pass.

---------------------------------

It is a special distorted Christian view of love that sees, --- as the greatest act of love possible, --- their God condemning them, and then turning and demanding his son’s deaths and thus corrupting God's perfect justice. A bribe set by God as judge himself for himself. This is of course ridiculous.

Christians have an insane view of love, IMO.

Would you express your love for humanity or those you love by having your own child needlessly murdered?

Or if convinced that a sacrifice was somehow good, would you have the moral fortitude to step up yourself to that cross instead of sending your child?

Your cowardly God did not.

Regards
DL

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC

I have to admire your ability, Cliffy, to 'reconcile' the I Ching or Buddhist mantras with the Holy Bible when they have only the most superficial of resemblances.

The difference between Diviners and Sages who talk of 'one consciousness' in Oriental Spiritualism to which you subscribe.. and patriachs, prophets and apostles of the Christian tradition is that the former do not believe in God. In many ways they do not believe in life as anything but an illusion.

Last edited:

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

Je suis deja la, FP : ) Voulez-vous vous joindre a moi?

Only if you are a woman.

Regards
DL

I have to admire your ability, Cliffy, to 'reconcile' the I Ching or Buddhist mantras with the Holy Bible when they have only the most superficial of resemblances.

The difference between Diviners and Sages who talk of 'one consciousness' in Oriental Spiritualism to which you subscribe.. and patriachs, prophets and apostles of the Christian tradition is that the former do not believe in God. In many ways they do not believe in life as anything but an illusion.

Is this not Jesus advocating the concept of a Christ mind?

Apologies that I cannot link you. Please Google Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God you will ever find.

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

In that case the 'change' would first require you being able to celebrate both you 121st and 1,001th birthdays. Best of luck with that.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"Only if you are a woman. Regards DL"

Je ne pense pas que vous comprenez l'invitation, FP. Le ciel est une realite spirituelle. Il n'y a pas mariage dans le ciel. (Matthew 22:30; Mark 12:5)

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
"Only if you are a woman. Regards DL"

Je ne pense pas que vous comprenez l'invitation, FP. Le ciel est une realite spirituelle. Il n'y a pas mariage dans le ciel. (Matthew 22:30; Mark 12:5)

You look in the sky while Jesus tells you to look within.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. It is to become fully human.

Regards
DL

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
Man created god thus god is created in man's image. As man's image changes throughout the centuries god's image conforms with it. As human societies grow larger and more complex so to do the tenants of any particular faith whether it involves a single deity or multiple ones.