Are Crows fair game?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
They are rather noisey, though, eh? I never realised they're named after their noise
Completely noisy birds...but so beautiful..it's kind of funny they're so beautiful yet so noisy.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
there's a species of Jay in the UK, which we just call a Jay. Also beautiful but much rarer than a bluejay.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i'm not a fan of pigeons, either. they live on the stairs outside my apartment and make stupid noises for ever. Seagulls amuse me here, since they're about 4000 miles from the sea

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The gulls are THICK this year. We went boating at a lake not far from here, and the whole thing was white with feathers from the dumb birds. Tubing was disgusting, you came out with feathers plastered to your face. Ugh.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
better feathers then.....other white sticky bits.

Yeah, well, I'm sure it was all mixed in there. It's next to impossible to keep them from defecating in the lake, despite all the laws regarding sewage.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It's next to impossible to keep them from defecating in the lake, despite all the laws regarding sewage.

has somebody tried to communicate this to them? I'm sure if they knew it was against the law....j/k

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
I'm going to have to get to know you a bit better....I thought you were serious about the doing away with.....
No ,never,I am serious about crows being magnificent birds. I rarely see them anymore but I do smile at those rare times.Using the scarecrow as my avatar I couldn't resist taking a literal shot at the bird. I also know that they are not responsible for that very stupid game "crowquet". But years ago,when I lived near Detroit,I loved to watch the Tigers beat up on those damn Blue Jays.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
No ,never,I am serious about crows being magnificent birds. I rarely see them anymore but I do smile at those rare times

You should come to Burnaby BC in the fall. There is approx 10,000 birds in this particular murder. It's amazing to watch. They fly around BCIT. The first time I saw it I thought something was horribly wrong...then somebody explained about the large flock. Now it's amazing to watch and to hear...and they'll fly so close to you....the trees are filled and the sky almost turns black!

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
You should come to Burnaby BC in the fall. There is approx 10,000 birds in this particular murder. It's amazing to watch.

what ya mean murder Twila? is that a word for crows flocking?

I once saw an almoat total white crow , out in vancouver when i lived there.
There was this area, might be burnaby come to think about it, it was filled with crows....the white one i saw when i lived on Nelson next to the park for a few months...alas things didn't work out for us....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
what ya mean murder Twila? is that a word for crows flocking?
Yep a flock of crows is called a murder....wanna know what a "group" of ferrets is called? It's soooo funny.....

They're called a mischief! How apprey po, no?