Anybody #2

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
So our bright new cargo planes have counterfieit chips in the instrument panel.The americans warned DND about it when they found said chips in their planes. As per usual the harper gang lied and said nothing to see here,move along folks.Now the jig is up and there's proof they knew,lied and plan to do nothing. The ferret faced lacky they sent to the interview said,in typical harpereese,the planes are working fine,we'el fix them when there's a failure.Well that's all well and good,but it's not going to be him,or mcay or harper at the stick when te dash goes blank at twenty thousand feet.
How long you folks going to back these arseholes ?
I'm so proud

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So our bright new cargo planes have counterfieit chips in the instrument panel.The americans warned DND about it when they found said chips in their planes. As per usual the harper gang lied and said nothing to see here,move along folks.Now the jig is up and there's proof they knew,lied and plan to do nothing. The ferret faced lacky they sent to the interview said,in typical harpereese,the planes are working fine,we'el fix them when there's a failure.Well that's all well and good,but it's not going to be him,or mcay or harper at the stick when te dash goes blank at twenty thousand feet.
I'm so proud
just until there is a better alternative

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Harper and his thugs and his food taster don't care what Canadians think or if they even do think, it's all about the international community, whatever the hell that is. Some chips are better than none.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canada has ordered a couple dozen of these aircraft. The U.S. has ordered a couple thousand. The little printed ciircuit
chips could be made anywhere. If they work, there is no reason to think they'll stop working. This is a huge market that is
very competitive. If someone makes a defective chip, they likely won't sell another one.

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I'm so proud
Last I heard, Canadian planes are all modified to our specs. Also, pilots are trained to fly using different methods.
On the other hand, builders should be suspicious about what goes into their planes in the first place and personally, I wouldn't put ANY Chinese electronic gear in my planes if I were building planes. As far as those parts go, you get what you pay for.
Caveat emptor.
Also, did you really expect anything different from politicians than dodges, obfuscating, vagueness, etc.?
Wife's little Dodge Dakota had upper ball joints recalled because some of the joints in some Dakotas failed. She never had any problems to begin with but it was Chrysler's dime so her ball joints were replaced anyway. Perhaps the plane manufacturers should be the ones who rectify any similar issues.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Let's get this right. US/CDN aviation producers who set up shop in China using US/CDN design, US/CDN equipment, US/CDN supply chain, and US/CDN QC make sh*ttier products in China than they would here simply because it's China?

Oooookaaaaay.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's a quality of product issue, Petros. I don't think the CHinese are into very much quality control yet.
re-read what I posted about QC.

Let's get this right. US/CDN aviation producers who set up shop in China using US/CDN design, US/CDN equipment, US/CDN supply chain, and US/CDN QC make sh*ttier products in China than they would here simply because it's China?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Anyway, yeah, I think quality is a little higher in electronic parts here than they are in CHina; especially in Chinese counterfeit stuff.
Really? Even when the company making it here follows the same QC protcol as here and all the other goodies to produce the product?

The nationality of the dirt the plant sits on has lnothing to do with quality of the product produced.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Really? Even when the company making it here follows the same QC protcol as here and all the other goodies to produce the product?
So you think counterfeit products are as good as the stuff built using those controls? Really?

The nationality of the dirt the plant sits on has lnothing to do with quality of the product produced.
I don't think dirt (of whatever nationality) produces much of anything except plantlife.