And again... (Another US Shooting)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Much as many might think so, too many of the Uvalde cops were Latino themselves I think. I think it was just downright incompetence on behalf of most of the cops there, especially the SOB in charge.
I believe the American military slang "clusterfuck" covers it. Or possibly "circle jerk."

Reactions: Serryah

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
GREENWOOD, IND. -
Three people were fatally shot and two were injured Sunday evening at an Indiana mall after a man with a rifle opened fire in a food court and an armed civilian shot and killed him, police said.

The man entered the Greenwood Park Mall with a rifle and several magazines of ammunition and began firing in the food court, Greenwood Police Department Chief Jim Ison said.

A 22-year-old from nearby Bartholomew County who was legally carrying a firearm at the mall shot and killed the gunman, Ison said at a news conference.

Reactions: B00Mer

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And the more innocents killed had the guy not been there.

But of all the shootings, this is the first I have heard of a good guy with a gun actually being around.
There are a few. Credit this guy with having the temperament and/or training to respond effectively. The notion that anybody armed will skin his smokewagon and shoot back is a fiction that makes Star Trek seem like real life by comparison.

Reactions: Serryah

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
There are a few. Credit this guy with having the temperament and/or training to respond effectively. The notion that anybody armed will skin his smokewagon and shoot back is a fiction that makes Star Trek seem like real life by comparison.
And to be fair, the Texas school shooting had plenty of "good guys" with guns standing around in the hallway doing diddly squat.

Reactions: Tecumsehsbones

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
And the more innocents killed had the guy not been there.

But of all the shootings, this is the first I have heard of a good guy with a gun actually being around.
This is something I don't understand. Apparently, Americans are armed to the teeth, many on these forums brag about "carrying" all the time. Yet, when the shit hits the fan, where are they? To me, it's all talk and bravado.
There is something seriously wrong in the US. I don't know what can be done but something has to.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This is something I don't understand. Apparently, Americans are armed to the teeth, many on these forums brag about "carrying" all the time. Yet, when the shit hits the fan, where are they? To me, it's all talk and bravado.
There is something seriously wrong in the US. I don't know what can be done but something has to.
Freezing and covering. It's not just the gun. There's a reason soldiers and cops receive extensive training.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think it's a bit of that also I don't think there are that many with open-carry permits. Its like every other issue. The opposing side exadurates to make their point. Clearly more "bad guys" have or more accuratly use guns than good guys.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think it's a bit of that also I don't think there are that many with open-carry permits. Its like every other issue. The opposing side exadurates to make their point. Clearly more "bad guys" have or more accuratly use guns than good guys.
Concealed carry permits are the relatively hard part. Half of the states don't require a permit to open carry a handgun. I don't think any of them do to open carry a long gun.

Of course, carry one into the mall and you're likely to get talked about. Possibly post-mortem.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

"The report diffuses responsibility."

Absolutely.

The absolute systemic failure of every single cop there is disgusting.

The absolute failure of this report to hold them accountable is disgusting.

The absolute failure all around is disgusting.

And the fact that nothing will likely change is even more disgusting than all of the above.

Those cops LET those kids die. They LET them suffer.

The only hope the families have at this point is to sue every single one of them, every cop, every organization/department, and sue them all into the ground...

Even if it'll change nothing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Let's talk about a massive crack down on meth/opioids that kill 100,000 people a year in the US. In BC its 6.2 people per day.

If you're serious about reducing gun violence and the overall well being of humans in general, you go after methamphetamine and opioids rather than enabling the use.