Am I supposed to feel bad for these people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orpheus

Nominee Member
Mar 14, 2006
Canada, I would presume.
Ya, we probably are opposites on this topic as I think we need to tighten up immigration and use our own population to produce people rather than other nation's populations. Therefore illegal immigrants don't get a whole lot of sympathy from me.

If we tighten up our own population that doesn't mean we're going to produce more children. There is a correlation between education and how many children a woman bares. Remember in Quebec when they were willing to pay 500$ to any woman who had more than...was it two children? Well x amount of children anyway in an attempt to preserve the French culture. It didn't work and many were insulted.

The only way you're not an immigrant is if you're Native anyway. An interesting sidenote: Economists widely believe that diversity is the key to a successful society. With the advance of minorities and women in the workplace our economy has flourished. We basically need these immigrants.

A lot of people seem to be responding with the answer that we're not setting a good example etc. etc. These are real people, and sending them off just because we want to save face is pathetic. How will it look, how will it look? Who gives a damn how it looks, the question is if it's right or not.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Criminal Code of Canada

12. (1) Any one commits a crime who, in Canada,

(a) takes any part, or assists any one to take part (knowingly, or where ought to know) in the propagation of darkbeaver's genetic material into the gene pool.

(b) promotes the propagation of darkbeaver's genetic maerial into the gene pool.

(2) Any one convicted of either of the above crimes is liable to be sentenced to death, notwithstanding any other Act or previous ruling out of the Supreme Court of Canada.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Yeah, I was looking at a puppy at the local shelter. It's called Brooklyn. You might like it. Just come to the island and it will probably be yours, except it doesn't like strangers. :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I've always wondered how societies got as far as they did without being "diverse"....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Am I supposed to feel

darkbeaver said:
Jay your kids might look like puppys but Five probubly wants a real baby.

Although I'm only about to have children (would have had them sooner but the government took my money) I can only imagine they will be as cute as puppies.

orpheus

Nominee Member
Mar 14, 2006
Canada, I would presume.
RE: Am I supposed to feel

I've always wondered how societies got as far as they did without being "diverse"....

I haven't. Our standard of living is impressive compared with the rest of the world's. Of course, if you want to ignore nearly every single economist then that's up to you. I know that conservatives don't believe in diversity. And that's ok.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

I would like to think we are a country founded on the principle that the punishment should fit the crime. Deporting a family after 6 years of integration seems to me heavy handed.

If they are a family with young children, then the children themselves would identify more with Canada than their country of origin. Especially if they essentially grew up here. Dislocating such children from friends and neighborhoods can be really damaging. I would like to think Canadians are more compassionate than shortsighted.

It doesn’t seem thoughtful to cast the penalty of deportation on illegal immigration without a more careful look at the individual situation that is unique to each illegal immigrant. As with our justice system similar crimes can have differing circumstances and differing sentencing based on each individual case. That is an important aspect to our justice system.

Perhaps some sort of monetary penalty could be place and a calculation of any taxes that would have been owed over the years.

There are other cases of illegal immigration that are more worthy of deportation than cases such as this. It’s not like we are talking about transient people moving about the country. There are also some Canadians who while born here, can be deserving of their Canadian status.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...915&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Beautifully said, elevennevele; I agree entirely.

Perhaps we could establish some sort of Commission that could be set up for the particular purpose of reviewing the decisions of Immigration Canada to deport persons from the nation — those who have grown up here, and identify more with Canada than their parents' country of origin, should not be torn from their own culture and removed.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

orpheus said:
Oh my god, a woman touched you. That is just rank. I hope your children end up voting NDP.

That's right Orifice, women touched me....just because you and women don't get along doesn't mean the same applies to all men. Just shit heads like you.

If my children vote NDP great. The NDP could use a little intellectual help, as they don't seem to be getting it from it's current line up of supporters.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

elevennevele said:
I would like to think we are a country founded on the principle that the punishment should fit the crime. Deporting a family after 6 years of integration seems to me heavy handed.

If they are a family with young children, then the children themselves would identify more with Canada than their country of origin. Especially if they essentially grew up here. Dislocating such children from friends and neighborhoods can be really damaging. I would like to think Canadians are more compassionate than shortsighted.

It doesn’t seem thoughtful to cast the penalty of deportation on illegal immigration without a more careful look at the individual situation that is unique to each illegal immigrant. As with our justice system similar crimes can have differing circumstances and differing sentencing based on each individual case. That is an important aspect to our justice system.

Perhaps some sort of monetary penalty could be place and a calculation of any taxes that would have been owed over the years.

There are other cases of illegal immigration that are more worthy of deportation than cases such as this. It’s not like we are talking about transient people moving about the country. There are also some Canadians who while born here, can be deserving of their Canadian status.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...915&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154

Typo: I meant...

There are also some Canadians who while born here, can be 'LESS' deserving of their Canadian status.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

orpheus said:
That's right Orifice, women touched me....just because you and women don't get along doesn't mean the same applies to all men. Just shit heads like you.

I'm fairly certain that you're wife/girlfriend is retarded if she's with you. Anyone with basic language comprehension skills would be entirely repulsed by what you say. Of course, if she's also conservative this may be forgiven. You can't expect them to know any better.

If my children vote NDP great. The NDP could use a little intellectual help, as they don't seem to be getting it from it's current line up of supporters.

With you as their father I seriously doubt the level of education they can possibly achieve. Your kids are going to be moronic. I hope they don't inherit your grammar skills.

Get a job and f*ck off. Your a troll and the moderators should have pick you up on their radar ages ago.

If having bad grammar saved me from becoming a stuck up snobbish ass hole like you, I'll take it.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
No, the moderators can deal with it...thats their job. He is obviously here to cause trouble.... reminiscent of the old days kinda trouble, which is where I suspect he originates from anyways.

orpheus

Nominee Member
Mar 14, 2006
Canada, I would presume.

If you thought my comments were innapropriate from the start then you should have said so from the start. Don't insult back until you can't answer and then say "fuck off." You're only being a hypocrite that way.

If the moderators want to adjust my warning level of whatever it is, then they can go ahead and do that. However, I'm not apologizing. I will however, provide this advice; chill out, and learn to take a joke. I don't know why you're being so defensive.

P.S I don't come from the old days, and stop referring to me as a "he." I'm a female.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Elevenevele, that was a great post.

It does seem awful for a family to live in fear of
being deported as it struggles and works hard.

I just don't know what the answers are.

The other side says allowing illegal immigration
or rewarding in it anyway actually encourages more
illegal immigration.

This issue is very difficult.

I am not sure that any solution will be without problems,
but we must decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.