Ahmadinejad's U.N. Speech

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
It seems that the conservative media has spun Iranian President Dr. Ahmadinejad into a wildeyed warmonger bent on destroying all things Jewish and American. I have heard him state that he only has issues with the leadership and military aggressions of those two nations. I have also heard him say that he has no quarrel with the 'citizens' of either America or Israel.

The transcripts of his speach at Columbia Uni. show him to be an educated, measured, responsible leader, and much more diginfied than Pres. GW Bush could ever hope to be. Both Bush and Ahmadinejad are capable of committing horrible atrocities, but so far only Pres. GW Bush has proven that to be true.

Nuclear power is coming to Alberta, Canada. Should we assume Steady Eddie to be a threat to Washington DC? Ahmadinejad has not given any indication of having 'dastardly ambitions' than Alberta's Premier has. I don't think we need to worry about either one of them in that regard.

See for yourself - even just read the highlights of Ahmadinejad's speach.

Transcript of Ahmadinejad's U.N. Speech -
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6107339

"My Dinner with Ahmadinejad" -
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1665579,00.html

Some highlights:

- Iran has not violated any of the rules of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Ahmadinejad says. He has proposed a multilateral uranium enrichment program with different nations, and can't understand why no one has taken up his offer.

- The U.S. and Iran can play a positive role together in Iraq. "If the U.S. withdraws from Iraq, good things will happen," he says. "I believe that the Iraqi people can rule themselves."

- In the Middle East, Ahmadinejad says the world must allow the Palestinians to decide their future for themselves: "That is the human solution to sixty years of instability." He refers to Israel only as "the Zionist regime" and does not mention the Holocaust.

- Ahmadinejad claims there are thirty newspapers published in Iran that are opposed to his government, citing that as evidence of press freedom in Iran.

- In answer to a question about how he viewed Hitler's legacy, he says, "I view Hitler's role as extremely negative, a despicably dark face."

- He notes that Americans don't understand Iranian history, saying that the movie 300 — with which he seems intimately familiar — was a "complete distortion of Iranian history." Iran, he says, has never invaded anyone in its history.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
- He notes that Americans don't understand Iranian history, saying that the movie 300 — with which he seems intimately familiar — was a "complete distortion of Iranian history." Iran, he says, has never invaded anyone in its history.

And the President of Iran doesn't understand the difference between a documentary and an action film. Hollywood isn't a historical society, it's entertainment.

JoeSchmoe

Time Out
May 28, 2007
Vancouver Island
It seems that the conservative media has spun Iranian President Dr. Ahmadinejad into a wildeyed warmonger bent on destroying all things Jewish and American.

ummm.... his own words do a fine job at portraying himself as a nutjob.... he doesn't need help from the media!

The European Union and Russia have joined condemnation of the Iranian president's public call for Israel to be "wiped off the map".

Do right-wing media tyes really need to spin these types of comments? I think they speak for themselves! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4378948.stm

Maybe he's Ahmadinejad -lite these days to try and get some sympathy to try and prevent a pre-emptive strike by the Psychotic States of America (which should be condemned even if the dude is a nutbar).... but it's going to be tough for him to make people forget that he said some really terrible things.... unless of course you are so hell-bent on hating George Bush that you would prefer to make this dickhead the spokesperson for the "GW Bush Hating Club of Canada".

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Like you read his speach, and like it makes a big difference if he calls a TV show a movie.

Ok, fine then.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It seems that the conservative media has spun Iranian President Dr. Ahmadinejad into a wildeyed warmonger bent on destroying all things Jewish and American. I have heard him state that he only has issues with the leadership and military aggressions of those two nations. I have also heard him say that he has no quarrel with the 'citizens' of either America or Israel.

The transcripts of his speach at Columbia Uni. show him to be an educated, measured, responsible leader, and much more diginfied than Pres. GW Bush could ever hope to be. Both Bush and Ahmadinejad are capable of committing horrible atrocities, but so far only Pres. GW Bush has proven that to be true.

Nuclear power is coming to Alberta, Canada. Should we assume Steady Eddie to be a threat to Washington DC? Ahmadinejad has not given any indication of having 'dastardly ambitions' than Alberta's Premier has. I don't think we need to worry about either one of them in that regard.

See for yourself - even just read the highlights of Ahmadinejad's speach.

Transcript of Ahmadinejad's U.N. Speech -
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6107339

"My Dinner with Ahmadinejad" -
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1665579,00.html

Some highlights:

- Iran has not violated any of the rules of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Ahmadinejad says. He has proposed a multilateral uranium enrichment program with different nations, and can't understand why no one has taken up his offer.

- The U.S. and Iran can play a positive role together in Iraq. "If the U.S. withdraws from Iraq, good things will happen," he says. "I believe that the Iraqi people can rule themselves."

- In the Middle East, Ahmadinejad says the world must allow the Palestinians to decide their future for themselves: "That is the human solution to sixty years of instability." He refers to Israel only as "the Zionist regime" and does not mention the Holocaust.

- Ahmadinejad claims there are thirty newspapers published in Iran that are opposed to his government, citing that as evidence of press freedom in Iran.

- In answer to a question about how he viewed Hitler's legacy, he says, "I view Hitler's role as extremely negative, a despicably dark face."

Do you actually BELIEVE this crap?

The last paragraph is demonstrably nutty.......the rest obviously BS.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
He also says there are no gay people in Iran. None. They just don't have any. It is an American phenomenom.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
He also says there are no gay people in Iran. None. They just don't have any. It is an American phenomenom.

Yup. He's a blatant homophobe. Good thing he's not a Liberal, that would be a tad hypocritical....

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Do you actually BELIEVE this crap?

The last paragraph is demonstrably nutty.......the rest obviously BS.

You mean Iran didn't have those crazy looking rhinos? Or badly mutated warriors? Spartans aren't able to jump 15 feet in one bounce? The movie 300 was fiction?

I want my money back.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yup. He's a blatant homophobe. Good thing he's not a Liberal, that would be a tad hypocritical....

He'll get a pass on that comment because he stands up to the US. Racist and Homophobes are A-OK providing they oppose Bush.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Are not all Muslims homophobes? Does it not say in the Quran that homosexuality is wrong?

The rest of the speech didn't sound too wild-eyed and rabid, but he did sound like a man who's country had been terribly ill-used by the U.S., which it has been.

Toro

Senate Member
If Bush said there were no homosexuals in America, or that the Holocaust was a "myth," he would be derided. And rightfully so. But the apologists for Amadamajad instead spin this away. The apologists instead get hysterical about an invasion that will not happen.

And so what if he says he's for peace. So does Bush.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Wow...even I consider Mr. Ahmadinejad, a crazy bas*ard...
Come on, this is a guy who says Holocaust never HAPPENED.
Holly crack!

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Are not all Muslims homophobes? Does it not say in the Quran that homosexuality is wrong?

I'm pretty sure Genesis amongst other bible books says it's wrong too, but yet we have Christians who aren't homophobes. I guarantee there are homosexual Persians, hell you can find news articles where they execute homosexuals.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm pretty sure Genesis amongst other bible books says it's wrong too, but yet we have Christians who aren't homophobes. I guarantee there are homosexual Persians, hell you can find news articles where they execute homosexuals.

No doubt. I'm sure the incidence of homosexuality is the same all over the world though in Iran, one might think it prudent to stay in the closet.