A Costco In Canada Just Got Slapped With A $5,000 Fine For Selling Non-Essential Items

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

What's good??

Only idiot narcissistic Liberals want to control everything and everyone..

I can't believe this Premier is Conservative.. Da Fukk 😲😲

Don't be forcibly projecting your fears onto me... you want to wear a mask, wear one.. probably an improvement anyhow...

IMG_20201128_165650.jpg

Now I'm going to get back to my delicious Carl's Jr burger, then to the strip club where I can have a maskless hottie grind all over me.. 😎

Last edited:

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Yeah I don't agree with this fine. Who's to say what's essential to someone? And if you are in a store purchasing items, does going an aisle or two over to grab something "non essential" mean you will catch or transmit Covid? Makes no sense to me. Kind of like how bars are to close at 11:00 pm, why? Because Covid is not a risk at 10:58 but is at 11:01?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yeah I don't agree with this fine. Who's to say what's essential to someone? And if you are in a store purchasing items, does going an aisle or two over to grab something "non essential" mean you will catch or transmit Covid? Makes no sense to me. Kind of like how bars are to close at 11:00 pm, why? Because Covid is not a risk at 10:58 but is at 11:01?
Look at the stink about the BBQ joint in TO. Apparently if you're a big corporate retail outlet like Costco Covid won't be an issue but be a small business owner with two employees and holy f*cking god the "authorities" act like it's ground goddam zero.

Think about the f*ckery here. In the early days or weeks of the pandemic we were told that a second, more virulent wave would come in the fall. The economy was in lock down for months. The govts allowed "non-essential" businesses to finally open literally a few weeks before fall. Covid numbers go up as predicted months previously and we're going back into lock down mode again. "Non-essential" business owners are taking it up the hoop for no real good reason. In fact it's a complete and utter betrayal of at least some of the middle class. Where I live I can get pizza from any of the corporate dumps pretty much anytime I want. However the local, independent place that has the best pizza in town was closed for months by order of the govt because of the pandemic. And now it's closed again after a few weeks at best of being allowed to open. Why? Why are Domihos, Little Skeezers and Pizza Slut allowed to remain open? I'm pretty sure some of us know the answer to that, and for those that don't, you got a LOT of catching up to do.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What isnt essential? Who decides?
It's not all that difficult. If it's not needed for survival or good health it isn't essential. I suppose there might be a grey area where it comes to food. While prune juice may be essential to a small minority, it's generally not essential. Costco got the same warning as everyone else I think. The purpose is pretty transparent. To control the spread of Covid they want to keep the number of shoppers to an absolute minimum and the time they spend shopping to an absolute minimum. I don't see a difficulty with it. It might even save the shopper some money for an added bonus! :)

Reactions: TheShadow

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Look at the stink about the BBQ joint in TO. Apparently if you're a big corporate retail outlet like Costco Covid won't be an issue but be a small business owner with two employees and holy f*cking god the "authorities" act like it's ground goddam zero.

Think about the f*ckery here. In the early days or weeks of the pandemic we were told that a second, more virulent wave would come in the fall. The economy was in lock down for months. The govts allowed "non-essential" businesses to finally open literally a few weeks before fall. Covid numbers go up as predicted months previously and we're going back into lock down mode again. "Non-essential" business owners are taking it up the hoop for no real good reason. In fact it's a complete and utter betrayal of at least some of the middle class. Where I live I can get pizza from any of the corporate dumps pretty much anytime I want. However the local, independent place that has the best pizza in town was closed for months by order of the govt because of the pandemic. And now it's closed again after a few weeks at best of being allowed to open. Why? Why are Domihos, Little Skeezers and Pizza Slut allowed to remain open? I'm pretty sure some of us know the answer to that, and for those that don't, you got a LOT of catching up to do.
I believe the pizza chains you mentioned were open in Calgary during our state of emergency, but I would never support a big chain like them for many reasons including that their food is crap. I do know however that our go to local pizza joint that is a small family business was open for curbside pick up only. I don't recall if it was only for part of the shutdown though. At any rate, we prefer home made pizza but it's nice to order in from time to time.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
It's not all that difficult. If it's not needed for survival or good health it isn't essential. I suppose there might be a grey area where it comes to food. While prune juice may be essential to a small minority, it's generally not essential. Costco got the same warning as everyone else I think. The purpose is pretty transparent. To control the spread of Covid they want to keep the number of shoppers to an absolute minimum and the time they spend shopping to an absolute minimum. I don't see a difficulty with it. It might even save the shopper some money for an added bonus!
Of course you see no problem with daddy government knowing what’s best for you . If they made porridge mandatory breakfast food would you obey ?

Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It's not all that difficult. If it's not needed for survival or good health it isn't essential. I suppose there might be a grey area where it comes to food. While prune juice may be essential to a small minority, it's generally not essential. Costco got the same warning as everyone else I think. The purpose is pretty transparent. To control the spread of Covid they want to keep the number of shoppers to an absolute minimum and the time they spend shopping to an absolute minimum. I don't see a difficulty with it. It might even save the shopper some money for an added bonus! :)
Winter cloths are essential. Car parts are essential. Did they ban the sale of tobacco products? A new whip for bedroom games could be considered essential by many. Which overpaid bureaucrap gets to decide what I might need?