9/11: Debunking The Myths

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
MikeyDB

Why don't you start a thread so we can address your comments rather than hijacking a thread that is about conspiracy theories? You can cut and paste to save you time.

P.S. Welcome to Canadian Content.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
MikeyDB said:
Greetings Drose!

You point out an interesting facet in the dynamics of fantasy and myth-building…

Is it part of fantasy or part of myth-building that permits us to parrot the latest admissions of ineptitude and shortsightedness as riposte as opposed to simple acknowledgement that despite months and years of denial that now everything’s just wonderful????

Obviously you don’t live in New Orleans….lucky you!

Why is it that, to use your words…for “you types” it’s easier to avoid acknowledgement than it is to deal with a reality that’s been well established for years?

My interest isn’t in dissing George Bush any more than anyone else, it’s simply to point out that one mans fantasy…or myth is another mans fervent belief…regardless of the facts involved.

Do you really imagine that the American penchant for keeping the blood running anywhere except on American soil is something that can be ignored by the world???

Would you suggest that arming Bin Laden and his ilk in Afghanistan to prevent the “Soviets” from moving in…or supplying chemical weapons to Iraq and missiles to Iran are simply components of a foreign policy and international mosaic that ought to be ignored in evaluating why we’re watching the decline of western civilization?

Is your prescription a Pollyanna view of everything that’s contributed to this situation in response to those of the “the sky is falling the sky is falling” crowd?

I’m looking for a middle ground here Drose and I don’t think ignoring the predicates to international conflict will move us in that direction….

Over and over and over it was proven that the US never supplied chemical weapons to Iraq. But hey... why bother using facts as they do not fit into your conspiracy.

And Bin Laden and his ilk. Bin Laden was a wealthy low level player in Aghanistan. True the US supplied the Mujhadeen with weapons,intelligence, supplies, etc. but Bin Laden was only in charge of a small group. CIA folks that were there and met with Bin Laden stated that even then he was anti-American. The Afghan rebels would keep Bin Laden away from American Operatives so he would not ruin the supply lines coming into help. The Soviets deserved everything they got in Afghanistan and Reagan basically told Gorby to stick it when Gorby asked the US to stop sending STINGERS. Basically Reagan pointed out the hundreds of downed airmen in Vietnam and how it was fine then.

Another myth is that we supported the Taliban as they fought the soldiers when the Taliban was not even in existence. The Taliban was created by mostly Afghan and Pakistani boys who were refugees brought up in the islamofacist schools during the war. Most of the Taliban were too young to fight in that war. They came on the scene in the early 90's after the Soviets left.

fuflans

Electoral Member
May 24, 2006
Aotearoa
Re: RE: 9/11: Debunking The Myths

aeon said:
Building 7 was controlled demolition, here the leaseholder of the building who admits it.

Did we watch the same movie? How can you possibly infer from what Silverstein said that they set charges to cause the building to collapse? He said that they gave up trying to save the building.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
If a seperate thread will help the myth-huggers somehow I'd be more than happy to oblige, but it seems there's only those who'd view reality through their own narrow personal slit on the world who'd maintain that the world of CNN and the New York Times AKA the Whitehouse Media Group have any content of value. Disparaging various publications for their slant on "news" and denial of the obvious are the grist of those unwilling to entertain a perspective that conficts with their embraced fantasies...

Dismiss my input as heretical nonesense if you like and my intention wasn't to "highjack" this thread, just move the camera back a bit to capture a greater percentage of the total gestalt.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

fuflans said:
aeon said:
Building 7 was controlled demolition, here the leaseholder of the building who admits it.

Did we watch the same movie? How can you possibly infer from what Silverstein said that they set charges to cause the building to collapse? He said that they gave up trying to save the building.

You're wasting your breath fuflans, I'll save aeon the trouble of reiterating his rebuttal.

He will tell you "pull it" in demolition lingo means emplode the building.

I've been spinning my wheels for months trying to explain to him they meant to get everybody out of the building before it collapsed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

fuflans said:
aeon said:

Fuflan... what movie was this? I'd LOVE to see it.

I cannot really comment on it as have not seen it but some folks will hear what they want to hear.

What exactly did this leaseholder say?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

MikeyDB said:
If a seperate thread will help the myth-huggers somehow I'd be more than happy to oblige, but it seems there's only those who'd view reality through their own narrow personal slit on the world who'd maintain that the world of CNN and the New York Times AKA the Whitehouse Media Group have any content of value. Disparaging various publications for their slant on "news" and denial of the obvious are the grist of those unwilling to entertain a perspective that conficts with their embraced fantasies...

Dismiss my input as heretical nonesense if you like and my intention wasn't to "highjack" this thread, just move the camera back a bit to capture a greater percentage of the total gestalt.

Ya whatever, you're off-topic.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Hey Eagle..

Whom did the U.S. military permit to have "embedded" to cover its demonstration of "shock and awe"???

If you're hesitant to acknowledge the facts, I doubt a new thread would make a scintilla of difference to you.

The New York times published an apology for its initial support for the "WMD in Saddam's arsenel story...so they can be given a little bit of forgiveness but if you folk want to hang on to myth instead of fact what's the point of a new thread????

fuflans

Electoral Member
May 24, 2006
Aotearoa

EagleSmack said:
fuflans said:
aeon said:

Fuflan... what movie was this? I'd LOVE to see it.

I cannot really comment on it as have not seen it but some folks will hear what they want to hear.

What exactly did this leaseholder say?

Here's the video (which aeon himself posted). The 'controversy' is over the use of the word 'pull' which has about a billion different definitions. Basically what Silverstein says is that the firefighters informed him that they may not have been able to control the fires and that there had already been too many deaths that day. What he DOESN'T say is that the building collapsed as soon as they decided to 'pull' it.

http://www.canadiancontent.net/en/jd/go?Url=http://www.infowars.com/Video/911/wtc7_pbs.WMV

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

EagleSmack said:
How can you possibly expect me or anyone with a sense of sanity to believe what is written in the Gaurdian? People who write for the Gaurdian are 100% Anti-American Bush haters like yourself.

The Gaurdian is the Liberal Left's Pravda.

So no Aeon... you are wrong. Saudi (and others) terrorist hijacked planes and smashed them into buildings.

Maybe your new buddy can explain where Flt. 77 went.

LOl, of course, you deny building 7 and operation northwood, to bring us back to what happened to flt 77

Here is other articles on anthrax, and by the way Jimmover also acknowledge that the anthrax was an inside job.

Anthrax Ad in Washington Times Says Inside Job

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0210/S00034.htm

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

aeon said:
LOl, of course, you deny building 7 and operation northwood, to bring us back to what happened to flt 77

Here is other articles on anthrax, and by the way Jimmover also acknowledge that the anthrax was an inside job.

I never understood why you never pick up on the fact Operation Northwoods was rejected by the American government and the general was fired shortly after.

Why?

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

I think not said:
aeon said:

I never understood why you never pick up on the fact Operation Northwoods was rejected by the American government and the general was fired shortly after.

Why?

True, good point, operation northwood was rejected by jhon f kennedy administration,and northwood operation was a classified document that was made public in 1997 related to Jfk assasinations.To me it is clear those who did jfk assasination are the same ones who did 9-11.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwood

The previously secret document was originally made public on November 18, 1997 by the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Review Board[1], a U.S. federal agency overseeing the release of government records related to John F. Kennedy's assassination.[2][3] A total of about 1500 pages of once-secret military records covering 1962 to 1964 were concomitantly declassified by said Review Board.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
He was fired from his position, but stayed in the military, but also join the cia , later on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyman_Lemnitzer

Lemnitzer was named as Commander of U.S. Forces in Europe in November 1962 and was appointed as Supreme Allied Commander of NATO in January 1963. Once again, he was called upon to lead in difficult times as this period encompassed the Cyprus crisis of 1963-1964 and the withdrawal of NATO forces from France in 1966.
Lemnitzer retired from the military in July 1969. In 1975, President Ford appointed Lemnitzer to the Commission on CIA Activities within the United States (aka the Rockefeller Commission) to investigate whether the Central Intelligence Agency had committed acts that violated American laws.
Lemnitzer died on November 12, 1988 and is buried in Arlington National Cemetery. His wife, Katherine Tryon Lemnitzer (1901-1994), is buried with him.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

aeon said:
True, good point, operation northwood was rejected by jhon f kennedy administration,and northwood operation was a classified document that was made public in 1997 related to Jfk assasinations.To me it is clear those who did jfk assasination are the same ones who did 9-11.

Is it now? Forty years later the same people, who according to you killed JFK, were responsible for 9-11. How old were they at the time aeon? 20? 30? Do you know anybody that young in any position of power?

drose

Jun 1, 2006
MikeyDB said:
Greetings Drose!

You point out an interesting facet in the dynamics of fantasy and myth-building…

Is it part of fantasy or part of myth-building that permits us to parrot the latest admissions of ineptitude and shortsightedness as riposte as opposed to simple acknowledgement that despite months and years of denial that now everything’s just wonderful????

Obviously you don’t live in New Orleans….lucky you!

Why is it that, to use your words…for “you types” it’s easier to avoid acknowledgement than it is to deal with a reality that’s been well established for years?

My interest isn’t in dissing George Bush any more than anyone else, it’s simply to point out that one mans fantasy…or myth is another mans fervent belief…regardless of the facts involved.

Do you really imagine that the American penchant for keeping the blood running anywhere except on American soil is something that can be ignored by the world???

Would you suggest that arming Bin Laden and his ilk in Afghanistan to prevent the “Soviets” from moving in…or supplying chemical weapons to Iraq and missiles to Iran are simply components of a foreign policy and international mosaic that ought to be ignored in evaluating why we’re watching the decline of western civilization?

Is your prescription a Pollyanna view of everything that’s contributed to this situation in response to those of the “the sky is falling the sky is falling” crowd?

I’m looking for a middle ground here Drose and I don’t think ignoring the predicates to international conflict will move us in that direction….

I don't live in New Orleans. Lucky me. I would hope that if I built my home on a runway I'd fail to be surprised when a) an airplane crashed through it and b) the taxpayers demurred when I asked for help to rebuild in the same place.

"to deal in reality" is what I prefer to fantasy. We've spent more than two hundred years trying to build and protect a city where one shouldn't be. Time to relocate it, give the Mississippi a chance to rebuild the coastal lowlands and do the environmentally correct thing for a change. Now is the opportunity to do so with the least possible pain.

Diss GWB all you want. I didn't vote for him. I do give him credit where it is due.

Pardon my parochialness, but the blood running elsewhere is preferable to it running in my streets. The Middle East, for instance, is the best place I can think of to kill Islamo-Fascists. Beats doing it in New York. Aiding the Afghans to keep the Soviets in check beat having American soldiers do so. What the rest of the world thinks doesn't interest me much.

Looking for the middle ground is a wasted exercise. There is no such place, whether in life or in politics or international relations. The best that can be hoped for is to find common cause where it is possible and cautious neutrality if it is not

This may be the first time I've ever been accused of Pollyanna-ism. Interesting.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

I think not said:
aeon said:

Is it now? Forty years later the same people, who according to you killed JFK, were responsible for 9-11. How old were they at the time aeon? 20? 30? Do you know anybody that young in any position of power?

We all know there is something sketchy beetween cia and jfk murder, document by edgar hoover proves it( you know the investigator who has been assasinated),we also know for a fact, that presscott bush form an organisation to counter what kennedy wanted to do, which was to abolish the cia .The fact that bush 1 denied that he was in the cia during the 60's, when in fact declassified document shows that bush 1 was in fact working for the cia, since the 50's, that itself shows the credibility of geoge bush 1.

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005

I think not said:
aeon said:

aeon I don't think you answered ITN's question about the age. I would say that in the early sixties someone would have to have been at least 40 to 50 to be in a position of power to have been able to assassinate Kennedy and cover it up. That would mean on average the planners of 9/11 would have been in their late eighties.

I am curious though as to how conspiracy theorists explain the Bali bombings. Was this an inside job as well? The Indonesian government is Muslim which is only important if there was coordination with the seniors you say were behind 9/11.