9/11: Debunking The Myths

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
FROM THE MOMENT the first airplane crashed into the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11, 2001, the world has asked one simple and compelling question: How could it happen?

Three and a half years later, not everyone is convinced we know the truth. Go to Google.com, type in the search phrase "World Trade Center conspiracy" and you'll get links to an estimated 628,000 Web sites. More than 3000 books on 9/11 have been published; many of them reject the official consensus that hijackers associated with Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda flew passenger planes into U.S. landmarks.

Healthy skepticism, it seems, has curdled into paranoia. Wild conspiracy tales are peddled daily on the Internet, talk radio and in other media. Blurry photos, quotes taken out of context and sketchy eyewitness accounts have inspired a slew of elaborate theories: The Pentagon was struck by a missile; the World Trade Center was razed by demolition-style bombs; Flight 93 was shot down by a mysterious white jet. As outlandish as these claims may sound, they are increasingly accepted abroad and among extremists here in the United States.

To investigate 16 of the most prevalent claims made by conspiracy theorists, POPULAR MECHANICS assembled a team of nine researchers and reporters who, together with PM editors, consulted more than 70 professionals in fields that form the core content of this magazine, including aviation, engineering and the military.

In the end, we were able to debunk each of these assertions with hard evidence and a healthy dose of common sense. We learned that a few theories are based on something as innocent as a reporting error on that chaotic day. Others are the byproducts of cynical imaginations that aim to inject suspicion and animosity into public debate. Only by confronting such poisonous claims with irrefutable facts can we understand what really happened on a day that is forever seared into world history.--THE EDITORS

Popular Mechanics

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
well, i looked at the first two pages of your link, but the site is too slow to go further. (for whatever reason...)

I assume this is addressing merely engineering issues?

No doubt planes hit the towers, or they collapsed inward because of their external skelital design. However, there are other issues involving planning, and execution that would not be debunked by engineers.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: 9/11: Debunking The Myths

the caracal kid said:
well, i looked at the first two pages of your link, but the site is too slow to go further. (for whatever reason...)

I assume this is addressing merely engineering issues?

No doubt planes hit the towers, or they collapsed inward because of their external skelital design. However, there are other issues involving planning, and execution that would not be debunked by engineers.

Actually it doesn't only address engineering issues.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
The editors of Scientific American followed in the footsteps of Popular Mechanics in exploiting a trusted brand in order to protect the perpetrators of the mass murder of 9/11/01.

:lol:

Aeon, you're certifiable believing in this crap.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
The editors of Scientific American followed in the footsteps of Popular Mechanics in exploiting a trusted brand in order to protect the perpetrators of the mass murder of 9/11/01.

:lol:

Aeon, you're certifiable believing in this crap.

Come on , use your logic, how alquada would have been suddenly well organised on 9-11?

Hijacking plane isnt a pattern use by alquaeda, exploding train, bus, bars, that is what they do, simple and easy attack.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think not said:
The videos are constructs of the CIA EagleSmack :roll: You're not keeping up with the latest news. :p

Ahhh... my bad. I should have known. :roll:

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

EagleSmack said:
Can you please tell me why Al Queda has claimed over and over that they did it?

Not true, actually on september the 16 and 28th, he claimed the opposite.

Now how come firefighters and engineer came with this??

Fire Engineers Call WTC Probe ‘Half-Baked Farce’

A respected professional magazine read by firefighters and engineers is calling the investigation into the collapse of the World Trade Towers a farce and a sham.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/Co..._WTC_Probe/fire_engineers_call_wtc_probe.html

Why firefighters(the direct witnesses) were not allowed to testified in front of the 9-11 comission??

incredible how you guys are easy to manipulate, i have a better one for you all, SANTA CLAUS EXIST FOR REAL, and i can bet those who has believe in the official story, would believe this.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
OK aeon I have a serious question for you, why do you believe one version over an other? Why do you believe wesbites that can be put up with $10 and two hours worth of work over scientific explanations? Can you please answer that for me?

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
OK aeon I have a serious question for you, why do you believe one version over an other? Why do you believe wesbites that can be put up with $10 and two hours worth of work over scientific explanations? Can you please answer that for me?

First of all, saying they are website put up with 10$ is only an opinion based on nothing. Why would you believe your governement??? Why another pearl harbor was needed to get their agenda going according to the pnac website?? PNAC= key members of the Bush administrations

All your governement did since they are in office(bush administration) is lying, simple as that,war in iraq,9-11, they destroyed , distorted and covered up the evidence regarding 9-11 , from the wtc(debris sold to china, which is a violation of american law) to the pentagone, where 84 video camera werent realease to the public, and also the anthrax attack, which the investigation concluded was from an american military lab, then we didnt hear anything from that again.

They want us to believe in a theory that just doesnt make sense at all, the 9-11 comission doesnt even want to hear direct witnesses which are the firefighters, i mean what the hell??From police report, to the firefighters witnesses, shows explosive brought down WTC Twin towers.

The fact that the leaseholder of wtc 7, admitted on pbs that they volontary demolish building 7 with explosive, shows that the entire official story is a total joke.

I mean guys wake up, and it is urgent cause the next time , i can bet already they will drop a nuclear bomb on your head. and i am talking about those real terrorist which is the bushes and cie.

After 9-11, bush , rice admitted their governement never though a tragic event like 9-11 could happen, again it was a lie.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/04/19/norad.exercise/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sometime between 1991 and 2001, a regional sector of the North American Aerospace Defense Command simulated a foreign hijacked airliner crashing into a building in the United States as part of training exercise scenario, a NORAD spokesman said Monday.

Now why would you believe them??

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
aeon said:
First of all, saying they are website put up with 10$ is only an opinion based on nothing. Why would you believe your governement??? Why another pearl harbor was needed to get their agenda going according to the pnac website?? PNAC= key members of the Bush administrations

I don't believe my government, it just so happens my government believes the same thing I believe, that Islamic fundamentalists slammed three planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon and the fourth one crashed in Pennsylvania.

They killed not only Americans, but Canadians and many other nationalities from all over the world, this may have been a direct attack on the US, but it was an indirect attack on the western world. These people were going about their business like they did every other morning before 9/11, I was there, in person, front row and center and I personally saw what happened, at least in New York City.

I know you have this passion of proving your point and present "evidence" of your own bias, what you fail to realize is that America is a transparent society, I know you think we live in some sort of police state and the government controls the media and every aspect of our lives, but I am telling you, you have it all backwards. Such a system of control cannot exist in the United States, things like this only happen in strictly controlled environments the likes of Cuba and North Korea.

You keep posting websites that allude to some sort of conspiracy and you rush to believe it and you don't even question it, you do not do your own research to try and find the truth for yourself, you just accpet them as fact. Do yourself a favor on research the science behind the attacks, and when you have satisfied yourself that you have thoroughly exhausted every possible scenario then I can have a conversation with you on the science, after that we can move on to the politics.

Dude, thousands of people lost their lives from all around the world on 9/11, hundreds of thousands more have been affected directly and countless millions feel the pain of that day, for God's Sake if you really are looking for the truth do not go on a wild goose chase where conspiracies fester.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
A great conspiracy theory is simply more fun than the truth. Plus you get to pretend that you have special insights and everyone else is either a sheep for believing the 'official line', or they are in on it.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

MMMike said:
A great conspiracy theory is simply more fun than the truth. Plus you get to pretend that you have special insights and everyone else is either a sheep for believing the 'official line', or they are in on it.

The thing is , there is no evidence that exist that shows alquada is behind it, since they don t really care who are the real guilty, by distorting, covering up the event, only shows they hide something to the public, all the evidence are in the public records.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
I don't believe my government, it just so happens my government believes the same thing I believe, that Islamic fundamentalists slammed three planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon and the fourth one crashed in Pennsylvania.

They killed not only Americans, but Canadians and many other nationalities from all over the world, this may have been a direct attack on the US, but it was an indirect attack on the western world. These people were going about their business like they did every other morning before 9/11, I was there, in person, front row and center and I personally saw what happened, at least in New York City.

I asked you a simple question, why do you believe them in the official story sorrounding 9-11??

You should ask the 100 9-11 family victims who are mad at your governement because they think your govenermenet is behind it,why?? just like i said, the bush administration all they did regardings this event, is distorting the facts,covering up the facts,it took them 432 days to formed a bi partisan comission on 9-11 ,never seen in american history, if this would have happen in iran for exemple, guys liike you would scream on a conspiracy theory,and call for an invasion, because of corrupt leaders, 9-11 was a painful event, but it needs more investigations, that is a fact period.

Just look who has profited from 9-11, bush administrations, bush administration , and the bush administration, in all sense, it doesnt even advantage any arab nation in the world, not even a single one.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Well, ITN, I guess al Jazeera and bin Laden are lying
to us again.

bin Laden claimed credit for the 1993 attempt
and for 9/11.

And al Jazeera showed the videos and generally
agree he is telling the truth.

I wonder how the Bush administration got them
to collude with the American administration ?

I wonder why most of the muslim world rejoiced in
the street when those two towers came down.

They were proud that one of their own had struck
the Goliath. Proud !

Now Aeon wants to take what little pride they have
left ??? How horrible of Aeon.

Maybe Aeon needs to send a few emails apprising
al Jazeera of these questions posing as the insinuation
of truth.

And tell Al Gore this. He was much publicized saying
he mouthed out the words bin Laden when the
2nd plane went into the towers.

And the twin tower families of the dead certainly
got a look at the ineptitude and bureaucratic nightmare