$700 b b b b b b billion bailout

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Is it a coincidence that the bailout cost is almost the same as the cost of the war in Iraq? What I don't understand is that Bush is still walking around. Why has he not been impeached?

Because there is not, and has not been, representation of the people by the people for the people. The bailout saves the architechs of the crash, they will run with the loot and the economy will crash. No one outside of North America believes the bailout will save the American economy, if they did it would not be necessary to even suggest a bailout. If there were any chance of government recovering the cost of the bailout the capital would easily have been raised from forigne investors who have already declined to invest in the bailout because there simply is no hope of recovering anything, hence the last great looting of the treasury.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I've been listening for a drum roll and the opening act to end. Why is he only listening to Bernanke and Paulson. There are many other brilliant financial minds in the country all of whom have a better track record of performance that either of these two. Paulson has demonstarted himself to be inept and Bernake is so busy pandering to the money lenders that his opinions are suspect to me. This rush to save the world economy is still highly suspect in my mind. The US certainly has a problem and those who in part allowed this to happen are now being asked to helop cover their tracks.

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
Hey there darkbeaver. It's all coming full circle isn't it ?

Can any one here tell me why this bail out would be any different than the ones of the past. Is this the one magical bail out that will cure all......I think not. The bail outs of the past year have not fixed anything and nor will this one. All it will be is one more loan the United States will never be able to pay back. It is also the going to line the pockets of the private bank known as the Federal Reserve. When it is all said and done, watch to see which banks survive. I know who they will be already.

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
Its under fortunate...
I am going to take out all my money from the bank now.

I hope you plan on spending it because soon it will be exactly what it looks like......paper.......just paper.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I hope you plan on spending it because soon it will be exactly what it looks like......paper.......just paper.

It's very hard to get that point accross here Albertabound. They seem not to realize that a hundred dollars hidden in the mattress this week will be worth fifty next week, and like you say very soon you will be starting your woodstove with a wad of monopoly money big enough to choke a horse.

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
Short Selling

A stock market meltdown can be highly profitable operation
With foreknowledge and inside information, a collapse in market values constitutes (through short-selling) a lucrative and money-spinning opportunity, for a select category of powerful speculators who have the ability to manipulate the market in the appropriate direction at the appropriate time.

There are indications of a carefully engineered conspiracy to trigger the collapse of several major financial institutions through outright manipulation.

"Short selling" as well as the spreading of false rumors were used as a strategy to trigger the collapse of selected stocks on Wall Street including Lehman, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs.

"Short sellers aim to profit from share declines, usually by borrowing a stock, selling it and buying it back after its price has decreased. In abusive “naked” short selling, the seller does not borrow the stock and fails to deliver it to the buyer.
Some market participants say abusive short sellers have contributed to the fall of companies such as Lehman Brothers by forcing down share prices

John Mack, chief executive of Morgan Stanley, told employees in an internal memo Wednesday: “What’s happening out there? It’s very clear to me – we’re in the midst of a market controlled by fear and rumours, and short sellers are driving our stock down.”' (
Financial Times, September 17, 2008)

Regulators have acknowledged that the collapse of Bear Stearns last March was attributable to short selling. "Regulators have been looking into a combination of short-sales and false rumors are part of the problem." (Wall Street Journal, September 18, 2008)

Merrill Lynch is bought, Lehman Brothers is pushed into bankruptcy. These are not haphazard occurrences. They are the result of manipulation by powerful rival financial institutions, using highly leveraged speculative operations to achieve their objective, which consists in either displacing or acquiring control over a rival financial institution.
The current financial meltdown has nothing to do with market forces: it is characterized by financial warfare between competing institutional speculators.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I worry that Wednesday’s jump in the Dow Jones average signals that the big betters have decided that there is a good chance of the vast giveaway going through. The Republican protests seem to me to aim not so much at really stopping the measure, but on going on record that they opposed it – before they voted for it. When the public wakes up to the great giveaway, the Republicans can say, “It was a Democratic Congress that did it, not us. Read our anguished protests.” Everyone is trying to cover themselves. With good reason.
Don’t let them speak on behalf of voters and then act against the economy, claiming that they are trying to save it. A giveaway of unprecedented magnitude would cripple it for as far as the eye can see.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10330

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
Til today?

What are ya, an idiot?

Yeah, it must be all the great decisions he has made during his failed presidency.

If you said you support him as the worst president ever, then I take it back, you are not an idiot.:lol:

So you don't like the bailout then? So does that mean are you now not going to support McCain either?

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/reid-mccain-to-support-bailout-2008-09-23.html

This is sort of like telling nomad it was made by humans.

Just because you don't agree with the Iraq war, does not mean others would like to see it expand into Iran... ;-)

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York and its powerful stakeholders have "inside information" on the conduct of US monetary policy. They are thereby in a position to predict outcomes and hedge their bets in highly leveraged operations on the futures and derivatives markets. They are in an obvious conflict of interest because their prior knowledge of particular decisions by the Federal Reserve Board enables them as private banking institutions to make multibillion dollar profits.
Links to US intelligence, to the CIA, Homeland Security, to the Pentagon are crucial in the conduct of speculative trade, since it allows the speculators to predict events, through prior knowledge of foreign policy and/or national security decisions which directly affect financial markets. An example: the put options on airline stocks in the days preceding the 9/11 attacks.
An internal war within the financial system is unfolding.
Lehman Bros goes bankrupt, Merrill Lynch is bought up...
Mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are taken over by the government.
Bear Stearns collapses, America's largest insurance company AIG's share collapse from $22.19 on September 9, to less than $4.00 at the close of trading on September 16, a decline of more than 80 percent of its value.
Goldman Sachs together with JP Morgan Chase are negotiating with the Treasury to arrange for a $85 billion secured loan to AIG, which would be financed by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Pay much attention to JP Morgon Chase in the near future, and watch them gobble up everyone else.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
They vote tomorrow or saturday the money will be gone by christmas with the winners.

All that is needed is to put this idea together with the basic balance-sheet definition: One person’s savings are lent out to become other peoples’ debts. So the “magic of compound” interest to savers means an equal “magic of exploding debt” to somewhere else in the economy. And inasmuch as creditors insist on protecting themselves from inevitable default by possessing collateral, it is natural that most of the economy’s debts are owed on its largest asset: land and buildings. This explains why mortgage debts have become repayable and “gone toxic.”

The “magic of compound interest” refers to the tendency of savings to double and redouble exponentially, with a matching rise in what debtors owe on the other side of the balance sheet. These mathematics have been operated throughout history, ever since the charging of interest was invented in Sumer some time around 2750 BC. In every known society, the effect has been to concentrate wealth in the hands of people with money. In recent years, one’s own money is not even necessary to do this. The power to indebt others to oneself can be achieved by free credit creation. However, the resulting mushrooming exponential growth in indebtedness must collapse at the point where its interest and other carrying charges (now augmented by exorbitant late fees, bounced-check fees, credit-card costs and other penalties) absorb the entire economic surplus.

This is the point that has been reached – and passed – today. It has been developing for many decades. But there is a great reluctance to accept the fact that debts cannot be paid. “The poor are honest,” as one banker explained to me, and believe that “a debt is a debt” and must be paid. (This is not what Donald Trump, Bear Stearns or A.I.G. believe, but they are at the top of the economic pyramid, not its base.)

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10330

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
White House Admits It Drew Up Bailout Months Ago

Tags: [White House Deputy Press Secretary Tony] Fratto insisted that the plan was not slapped together and had been drawn up as a contingency over previous months and weeks by administration officials. He acknowledged lawmakers were getting only days to peruse it, but he said this should be enough.
Webmaster's Commentary:
So, months ago the Bush White House knew we were headed into this trouble AND THEY DID NOTHING TO PREVENT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
My problem with this, is that if you want to claim "Free market" when wages are pushed lower.

You gotta also claim free market when banks fall.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
I wondering if it's a good idea to lock in a mortgage for the longest term possible and watch hyper-inflation take care of it- by this time next year I could be making a million per annum and my mortgage would still be 100K

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
On 3rd September 1929 the stock market reached an all-time high. In the weeks that followed prices began to decline. Then on 24th October, over 12,894,650 shares were sold. Prices fell dramatically as sellers tried to find people willing their shares. That evening, five of the country's bankers, led by Charles E. Mitchell, chairman of the National City Bank, issued a statement saying that due to the heavy selling of shares, many were now under-priced. This statement failed to halt the reduction in demand for shares. On 29th October, over 16 million shares were sold. [SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]The market had lost 47 per cent of its value in twenty-six days. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAwallstreet.htm

There were and will be again ...huge winners of the future stock market crash. Investigate and you will find out who those winners were and will be again........it is the same people who have already made gains in the recent take overs of failed banking institutions.

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
I wondering if it's a good idea to lock in a mortgage for the longest term possible and watch hyper-inflation take care of it- by this time next year I could be making a million per annum and my mortgage would still be 100K

You can lock in what ever you want. On your mortgage form that you signed it states that the bank can at any time request and demand full amount of the mortgage when ever it pleases. Which means ...when the bank says it wants it's money now....it means now......and you signed and agreed to that.

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
Now McCain want to hault the presidential debate to forceably make the senate pass the $700billion swindle to take place.......entrapement...... His first crime and he is not even in office yet..... it just gets better and better....