69% Say It’s Likely Scientists Have Falsified Global Warming Research

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Naahh!! let's all go vegetarian....but but...I forget broccoli, mushrooms, beans etc...also make you fart a lot:lol:

...........and cabbage don't forget the cabbage! LOL!

I already had my bowl of gruel with fresh strawberries and lunch is coming up in 45 mins.

I like starting my summer mornings by going out to my Saskatoon bushes and having a nice munch on all the fat blueberries still warm from the sun.........hmmn good! Can't beat those antioxidants.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
But to take only one of the many facts that are available, and claim that future stresses and endangerment due to contemporary habitat loss are unfounded, is simply stupid.
I didn't. The myth is as Juan so kindly pointed out, that Polar bears are dying off.

That is simply untrue.

With it gone or greatly reduced, the population can rebound. But that doesn't mean the population is suddenly healthy...or that it's not under stress right now.
Health isn't the question, mortality is. Stop trying to move the goal posts.

What published material are you having issues with anyways. I'd like to see that.
The usual fear mongering alarmist crap, that caused Juan to perpetuate a myth. The only difference being, I'm not as easily conned as some.

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Tonnington. Was it or was it not warmer on Earth 4500 years ago? Did man do that? Have we surpassed the Holocene Opitmum or the Roman Optimum? Nope!

Yes...I don't believe I ever said the climate hasn't changed, or that man was the cause of past changes.

Health isn't the question, mortality is. Stop trying to move the goal posts.

Health is in question for the scientists who study this. Maybe not for what Juan claimed, but that's not my concern

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
...........and cabbage don't forget the cabbage! LOL!

I like starting my summer mornings by going out to my Saskatoon bushes and having a nice munch on all the fat blueberries still warm from the sun.........hmmn good! Can't beat those antioxidants.
I've got a big bucket of wild S'Toons in the freezer. It wasn't a good year for wild berries.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes...I don't believe I ever said the climate hasn't changed, or that man was the cause of past changes.
What has you 100% convinced it's man this time around? 75 major temperature swings in 4500 years leaves man out of the equation. What makes 76 ours?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Since when did unhealthy stocks rebound so well, without any signs of ebbing?.

The health of a stock is not limited to the size of a population. Bears will still reproduce even when their survival is decreasing, their recruitment is decreasing, and their body condition is decreasing.

I'm not sure why you are having a problem with this. The recovery is due to fewer bears being removed. That doesn't mean they are bears that are in better shape.

Captain morgan once had a similar beef. Ocean acidification. The solubility of a gas is dependent on temperature. It's also dependent on the partial pressure of the gas above the liquid. If temperature goes up, more gas should come out of solution. If more gas is added to the air, more gas will go into solution. Temperature is going up, and more gas is being added. So which one is winning?

What has you 100% convinced it's man this time around?

I said it's largely man. Take the top of atmosphere energy imbalance. Look at the sources of greenhouse emissions. Then you get your answer. If all of our emissions ended up in the atmosphere, the concentration would be going up twice as fast.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The health of a stock is not limited to the size of a population. Bears will still reproduce even when their survival is decreasing, their recruitment is decreasing, and their body condition is decreasing.
So do a lot of species. But they don't generally double in population in less than 20 years. As they have in some regions.

I'm not sure why you are having a problem with this.
I'm not. But then again, I don't have anything invested in a foregone conclusion.

The recovery is due to fewer bears being removed.
That's almost as false as the claim Polar Bears are unhealthy.
That doesn't mean they are bears that are in better shape.
You should clarify that with some fact, like...

Only some subpopulations are showing any signs of poor health.

While 43% of the population is stable, or increasing.

And the fact that the biggest threat to the Polar Bear population, is still listed as "mostly due to hunting".

Remember when you said focusing on one fact was stupid?

So which one is winning?
Did I miss the sound of the starter pistol.

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
So do a lot of species. But they don't generally double in population in 20 years.

Not generally.

No, you are. You are having a problem with population rebound during a period of worsening individual health.

That's almost as false as the claim Polar Bears are unhealthy.

Unhealthy is your word, I never used it. I said they are showing declines in body condition, survival, and recruitment. Which is true.

You should clarify that with some fact, like only some subpopulations are showing any signs of poor health.

I wasn't actually referring to specifics...I'm trying to explain to you that a population can be rebounding even while other stressors are reducing fitness...

Remember when you said focusing on one fact was stupid?

That hasn't changed...I fully acknowledge that bear numbers are higher. We haven't really discussed sub-populations, but I would also acknowledge that some are doing better than others.

Of course. Just like this time, It's natural.

Logic fail. I suppose small pox must have been wiped out by natural causes rather than anthropogenic factors too?

That's ridiculous.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No, you are. You are having a problem with population rebound during a period of worsening individual health.

Unhealthy is your word, I never used it.
Sorry, worsening health.

Is there a difference?

And I'm still not having any problems with the facts. It seems you have a lock on that.

I said they are showing declines in body condition, survival, and recruitment. Which is true.
For a small subpopulation, which has been attributed to everything from regional over population to climate change. While locals say it's over population, activists and peoples who's livelihood relies heavily on find the climate change boogeyman everywhere, blame climate change.

I wasn't actually referring to specifics...I'm trying to explain to you that a population can be rebounding even while other stressors are reducing fitness...
But like you said, it doesn't generally happen.

And it hasn't.

You keep saying "worsening health" as if it applies to the whole of the population.

It doesn't.

There's signs of decreased health, in only 4% of the population, in a handful of subpopulations, in a specific region.

While the overall health and population is stable health wise, and increasing.

I can understand your confusion. That's what happens when you get your material from a singleminded source.

That hasn't changed...I fully acknowledge that bear numbers are higher. We haven't really discussed sub-populations, but I would also acknowledge that some are doing better than others.
You spelled most wrong.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
And I'm still not having any problems with the facts. It seems you have a lock on that.

Which facts do I have problems with?

What he **** does small pox have to do with earth climate cycles?

:lol: You don't understand your fuzzy logic when someone else writes it?

Just because climate change in the past wasn't attributable to man, does not mean that it can't be now. I used extinctions as an example of your foolish leap.

Catch what the **** I'm throwing at you? :p

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The ones where you take specific intel on specific subpopulations and apply it to the whole of the population in general.

Someone was calling that kind of logic stupid several posts ago.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

:lol: You don't understand your fuzzy logic when someone else writes it?

Just because climate change in the past wasn't attributable to man, does not mean that it can't be now. I used extinctions as an example of your foolish leap.

Catch what the **** I'm throwing at you? :p
Tell me why this time is man? We haven't even come close to the Roman Opitmum. Why is that? We should have shot past that marker years ago.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The ones where you take specific intel on specific subpopulations and apply it to the whole of the population in general..

Well Bear, you and everyone else were speaking in generalities up until a few posts ago.

Here's an early post of yours:

And if the end of the world was happening as some idiots think, the Polar Bear population, wouldn't be rebounding as well as it has.

THE polar bear population...of the 19 recognized populations, almost half of the sub-populations are in decline.

When you brought up sub-populations, I acknowledged differences in the sub-populations. I guess we all should have laid our cards out better from the start...I don't have an issue at all with some populations increasing and others decreasing, some stable, and some unknown.

Tell me why this time is man?

I already did...we can measure the radiative imbalance, we can measure the emissions from man-made sources, we can define the source by isotope, we can measure the radiative impact of natural sources, and that leaves us with one inescapable conclusion.

Until such time when someone overturns radiative transfer theory...I wouldn't count on that.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well Bear, you and everyone else were speaking in generalities up until a few posts ago.

Here's an early post of yours:
That statement is as factual now, as when I typed it.

Overall, they have rebounded. They are not however, overall worsening in health.

THE polar bear population...of the 19 recognized populations, at least 1/4 of the sub-populations are in decline.
You know what's funny? The WWF lists only 11, another group lists 13, and so on.

Besides the fact that PBSG' estimated declines are based SWAG, and the fact that I do view them as a trusted source, 1/4 of the population in estimated decline, does not a global warming catastrophe make. Especially when one factors in the increase in other subpopulations.

When you brought up sub-populations, I acknowledged differences in the sub-populations. I guess we all should have laid our cards out better from the start...I don't have an issue at all with some populations increasing and others decreasing, some stable, and some unknown.
While the overall health and population is, well, healthy.

Which brings us back to the beginning, where using Polar Bears as any manner of support for proof of climate change, is flawed.