2SLGBTQQIA+

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I got his point before the sponsor.

Nah, don't think so.

But why could he not use the men's room? Nobody would have gone into a stall with him.

This is why you didn't "get" his point before the sponsor.

Because had you watched further, you'd know there were no stalls.

Nobody does a dick check at the door. Yes, it would have been technically against the law but he would not have been caught (assuming he didn't go in with cameras rolling and create a scene).

Where the hell are you getting "Cameras" out of this?

I'm wondering if you watched the video at all because there's no mention of cameras in the bathroom what so ever.

And I routinely stop watching videos at an embedded ad or sponsor. I don't mind a couple thrown at the beginning. But once I am watching, I don't want to be interrupted (assuming not a real long video which does have a few 'breaks').

So a bit of advice then?

Don't watch youtube videos. Ever.

Majory have embeded ads/creator sponsor bits.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ok, i skipped over the ad and watched it. It was not what I had thought. But his decision making was likely the same as mine in a similar situation (having to poop) in that bathroom with a broken toilet. The only "advantage" a non-trans man has with pee is the ability to go against the wall in the back.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Ok, i skipped over the ad and watched it. It was not what I had thought. But his decision making was likely the same as mine in a similar situation (having to poop) in that bathroom with a broken toilet. The only "advantage" a non-trans man has with pee is the ability to go against the wall in the back.

This wasn't a video about 'advantage' or anything.

Rather it was about the HUGE discomfort, bordering on, I would say, near panic, of having to go from a washroom where you should be, to one where you shouldn't, when you're a trans person.

That's for a trans man; imagine what it'd be like for trans women.

THAT is the point of the video.

It had nothing really to do with the bathroom per say at all.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
This wasn't a video about 'advantage' or anything.

Rather it was about the HUGE discomfort, bordering on, I would say, near panic, of having to go from a washroom where you should be, to one where you shouldn't, when you're a trans person.

That's for a trans man; imagine what it'd be like for trans women.

THAT is the point of the video.

It had nothing really to do with the bathroom per say at all.
His discomfort had nothing to do with him being trans. If I was in this situation having to shit in that washroom, I would have had similar issue. The only thing I would have done differently is trying to flush the toilet without worrying about covering it with toilet paper. I would have washed my hands later.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
His discomfort had nothing to do with him being trans.

JFC; are you for real on this?

Wait, you didn't watch the video. Makes sense now.

If I was in this situation having to shit in that washroom,

You didn't watch the video.

I would have had similar issue. The only thing I would have done differently is trying to flush the toilet without worrying about covering it with toilet paper. I would have washed my hands later.

Perhaps go watch the video and stop being focused on things that did not happen or were not part of the issue at all. Then discuss.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

JFC; are you for real on this?

Wait, you didn't watch the video. Makes sense now.

You didn't watch the video.

Perhaps go watch the video and stop being focused on things that did not happen or were not part of the issue at all. Then discuss.
I went back and watched the video. The only thing that made this situation a discomfort to him that would not have been to me is that he had to pee. If I had to poo, there is NO DIFFERENCE in to any discomfort that would have been felt (aside from his not wanting to touch the toilet handle with his bare hands but that is not a trans thing).

ANY person having to poo (or in this case because he was trans) would have to:
1. touch the handle.
OR 2. Just go on top of the mess
OR 3. Find another washroom in this case the woman's washroom.

And if I had to pee the only additional option I have that he doesn't is finding a tree out back and watering it.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yes, he has to sit when he pees. I don't. That is it. The rest is a story about a shitty bar and their shitty washrooms.

That you totally missed the mental problems and harm the situation caused - which is what the video was about - as well as the anxiety of it all is just... wow...

Did you do that on purpose, or did you not really understand it to that level you totally missed it?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
That you totally missed the mental problems and harm the situation caused - which is what the video was about - as well as the anxiety of it all is just... wow...

Did you do that on purpose, or did you not really understand it to that level you totally missed it?
I didn't miss it at all. I felt for his situation. I identified with the situation. It was a discomforting situation. I think there were other options I would have tried but the bathroom was disgusting and I don't fault him for not trying those options (they were not ideal). It was a discomfort anybody having to sit down to do their business would have felt.

I honestly don't see where the trans-drama is. And none of this had to do with any of the stupid AK bathroom laws which are pretty stupid. As he mentioned at the start, none of that applied.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I got his point before the sponsor. But why could he not use the men's room? Nobody would have gone into a stall with him. Nobody does a dick check at the door. Yes, it would have been technically against the law but he would not have been caught (assuming he didn't go in with cameras rolling and create a scene).

And I routinely stop watching videos at an embedded ad or sponsor. I don't mind a couple thrown at the beginning. But once I am watching, I don't want to be interrupted (assuming not a real long video which does have a few 'breaks').
In recent times in the U.S., people have been arrested for going into the "wrong" washroom, despite the fact that, legally, sex-segregated washrooms are as unlawful as race-segregated washrooms, under the same law (the Civil Rights Act of 1964). And with all the conservatives shit-scared of GROOMERS!, you could end up with some fine, upstanding officer setting a dog on you (see Black Lives Matter: The Ugliness of Racism thread).

Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
In recent times in the U.S., people have been arrested for going into the "wrong" washroom, despite the fact that, legally, sex-segregated washrooms are as unlawful as race-segregated washrooms, under the same law (the Civil Rights Act of 1964). And with all the conservatives shit-scared of GROOMERS!, you could end up with some fine, upstanding officer setting a dog on you (see Black Lives Matter: The Ugliness of Racism thread).

Which he says so in the video, hence why the anxiety he had and why as soon as he was done peeing he went back to that men's room, just to wash his hands.

Plus there's the other trauma of just being a trans-man having to go to a woman's bathroom which brings up all the negative associations OF said bathrooms and what they mean culturally.

I honestly don't see where the trans-drama is.

Trans-drama? It's not fucking drama, it's reality.

It's as TB pointed out and and also something he pointed out in the video. That need to be hyper-aware at all times because the wrong fucking person around a trans person can ruin that trans person's life. Whether it's a 'minor' (under 18) person, or it's a trans-phobic asshole or some rando wanting fame for causing shit to another "Tranny".

Because despite what you said, you DIDN'T feel for him or identify for his situation what so ever; you couldn't have, or you wouldn't be blowing the situation off as if it's nothing, as if it's "drama". And I guess you are proving yet another horrible fact too when it comes to trans people: there is either the lack of wanting to care, lack of willingness to acknowledge or even bothering to feel empathy for, or even understand, just how bad it can be for a trans person to live life. Whatever the reason is, there are too many out there who, pretty much, don't give a shit or don't want to give a shit, but the moment that a trans person crosses a line they deem is "important" and all hell breaks loose, again in disregard to the person.

And none of this had to do with any of the stupid AK bathroom laws which are pretty stupid. As he mentioned at the start, none of that applied.

And it's not just AK bathrooms, but bathrooms in other states too, where you are *forced* to use a bathroom of a gender that you are not, regardless, and should you appear different, even when following the law, it will get you into trouble (as he mentioned, heterosexual women being claimed to be trans men or trans women, when they aren't). Just because it didn't apply to this one situation, doesn't mean it doesn't apply to OTHER trans people which was, again, part of the point.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh the horrors.

The solution is very very simple. Change your pronouns to "who" and "where" and identify as invisible. If someone claims they can see you, call them "cisinvisible" or "visibility biased", "invisphobic" or #violence.