2024 CFL Season

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Messed up earlier thinking Hamilton was at home and +9.5 underdogs. Game is actually in Winnipeg which might help the Cats.

Good luck to the Argos and hope they draw a decent crowd with the Rider travelling road show in town. Is this one of the games tied in to the CNE?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Messed up earlier thinking Hamilton was at home and +9.5 underdogs. Game is actually in Winnipeg which might help the Cats.

Good luck to the Argos and hope they draw a decent crowd with the Rider travelling road show in town. Is this one of the games tied in to the CNE?
Yes, it is the annual CNE game. It is also the first time since 2019 that Saskatchewan has visited Toronto. 2020 was cancelled due to covid. 2021 was shortened and the SK @ TOR game was dropped. 2022 & 2023 that game has been moved to Halifax. I have been quite pissed.

I am disappointed that Olette will be missing this game. I hear he is injured again. It would have been a nice welcome back. In retrospect, I am glad we missed this particular signing. Toronto's run game has remained productive. And the injury time this year has been long for Olette. My son thinks that his numbers last year were more the Toronto O-line which is very good and his issues this year may be due to Saskatchewan's O-line which may not bet as good. I remember my dad cursing the Saskatchean O-line last year many times.

Reactions: bob the dog

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Riders were the big carrot the CFL needed to swing the TD Atlantic games. Of course they did it too much and always at the expense of Toronto fans. If it's been 5 years you can bet there will be plenty of green in the stands. Keeping them quiet will be the fun part.

Argo run game has been decent all year and Kadeem Carey is for real. Once they get Davaris Daniels and Coxie involved they will be a fun team to watch. Your son is right that it all starts with the O line.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So the game was interesting. The Argos did everything they could to blow it. I think they had 3 1st and goal from the 1 and got a grand total of 0 points from that. One they did get an INT on the next possession and salvaged a FG. Game was decided on am missed FG rouge on the last play. The reward for failure. Not sure why SK did not run it out. I can only assume they couldn't. I understand by it being a rouge that they Argos did not cover the spread of 2.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
So the game was interesting. The Argos did everything they could to blow it. I think they had 3 1st and goal from the 1 and got a grand total of 0 points from that. One they did get an INT on the next possession and salvaged a FG. Game was decided on am missed FG rouge on the last play. The reward for failure. Not sure why SK did not run it out. I can only assume they couldn't. I understand by it being a rouge that they Argos did not cover the spread of 2.
Looked like a good crowd and nice to see Argo fans not taking a back seat. Late in the game they were the louder group.

I thought Chad Kelly looked great. Nice to see him back and yes the Argos could not finish. I would have left it up to Dukes even after he missed on the first try.

Probably a good win for the sports betting companies as well with Toronto winning the game but not covering the spread. If Lirim makes the last kick they beat the -2.5. Another $10 down the drain.

Hamilton looked good against the Bombers who again dominated the clock by a wide margin. Command Center was again controversial in a new way by overlooking everything. Bombers also had some big injuries including Stanley Bryant who has incredibly played almost every game since joining the Bombers in 2016. Winnipeg will do all they can to get him back for the playoffs but could also be that he is done with football as a player. Was not a good look even if it was only heat dehydration.

Still have my bet on Edmonton upsetting Montreal. 3.50 to win and save the weekend. BC / Ottawa is important for the Lions. Expectations for Nathan Rourke seem still quite high.

Reactions: petros

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Nice move by BC to het Matthieu Betts back for the remainder of the season. My guess is Montreal did not have the room to compete and will be back in Free Agency. Positive boost for the Lions.

Trouble is BC is playing Ottawa this week who just signed Rasheed Bailey and will make the team better. I went with Ottawa paying 2.30 to win and will hope for an upset according to Proline.

Sask feasts on a battered and bruised Winnipeg O line and shuts the Bombers down. Lauther has a good game. Riders stop the slide.

Calgary / Edmonton will be a good game as well. Stamps will have a plan for Tre Ford who it sounds like the people want to see. Might as well get it out of their system imo and maybe it works. Desperate times for both teams.

Would love to see Hamilton win at home vs the Argos but not willing to put money on it. Hoping for a good game. Good luck Bo.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Calgary starting Logan Bonner ahead of Jake Maier is like walking across thin ice and hearing a crack for Dave Dickenson. Scary times in Cowtown and should never have given Bo Levi the boot. Also should actually think about signing him back in Free agency as much for his future coaching as for his play. He's having a good year and Bo knows football and Dave needs help It would be a waste to see him go to the TSN panel.

Some say Grey Cup preview tonight in Montreal vs BC. Not me but still should be a good game. Als can afford to lose. BC needs to win.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I want to see Sask beat Winnipeg. I have never seen a fan base with more whiners than the Bombers. Anybody who sacks their QB are goons. Want the Argos to beat Ottawa. Make the 2nd place race interesting and put out any crossover talk now.