2024 CFL Season

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
What should the standard be, in your opinion?
I think there should be one. First off, no other league issues suspensions that are not clear. MLB if you do PED, first offense is 80 games (no at least 80 games -- 80 games). Gambling first offense if not on baseball 1 year, etc. The CFL suspension of Kelly was "at leaat 9 games". Arbitrary and they changed it when they re-enstated him. But I do think the CFL needs to actually have a formal penalty and not leave it to the whims of a drunk with power commissioner. And if they do adopt that, then they have to enforce it on all including c-rappers hired to open CFL games. I also have issues with issueing suspensions on allegations not proved in court.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think there should be one. First off, no other league issues suspensions that are not clear. MLB if you do PED, first offense is 80 games (no at least 80 games -- 80 games). Gambling first offense if not on baseball 1 year, etc. The CFL suspension of Kelly was "at leaat 9 games". Arbitrary and they changed it when they re-enstated him. But I do think the CFL needs to actually have a formal penalty and not leave it to the whims of a drunk with power commissioner. And if they do adopt that, then they have to enforce it on all including c-rappers hired to open CFL games. I also have issues with issueing suspensions on allegations not proved in court.
I agree. I would also forbid any person convicted of a violent crime from having any position in the CFL or the teams that involves facing the camera/microphone.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Anyhoo...

Lions need a win today to gain on Sask for top spot in the west which ties up Bombers and the Elk in the basement.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The politics of sports is killing sports.
Kind of a "back to the future" thing. Useta be an unwritten but strong morals clause in pro sports.

I'm not saying convicted felons shouldn't be allowed to work or play in pro sports. Just that they shouldn't face the camera or mike.

Reactions: petros

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Chaos in Hamilton. The GM did not hire the coach who did not hire the defensive co- ordinator. Everyone is looking at everyone else. Orlando must have wished 1000 times he would have took the whichever big U.S. college job it was.

Took one throw from Bo to show he is a better passer than Powell but the coach doesn't see it that way. Receiving corp not up to snuff either. Cats defense actually made some stops in the second half and got the ball back to the O but the short kick returned to the 5 killed any momentum. Change the QB though as if it makes a difference.

Best case would be to trade BLM to Calgary for Matthew Shiltz who he played last year in the playoff game rather than a healthy BLM. That way Bo gets going on his coaching career and is available in the event of an injury to Jake Maier. Anything can happen. I think Stamps fans might like it.

Heavyweight bout tonight with Winnipeg in BC. Hearing 35,000 plus expected so not a good time to crap the bed for BC. I took Winnipeg to win because it is not out of the question and paid double my money. Won't be disappointed if I lose. Also looking forward to Lucky Whitehead returning kicks.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Chaos in Hamilton. The GM did not hire the coach who did not hire the defensive co- ordinator. Everyone is looking at everyone else. Orlando must have wished 1000 times he would have took the whichever big U.S. college job it was.

Took one throw from Bo to show he is a better passer than Powell but the coach doesn't see it that way. Receiving corp not up to snuff either. Cats defense actually made some stops in the second half and got the ball back to the O but the short kick returned to the 5 killed any momentum. Change the QB though as if it makes a difference.

Best case would be to trade BLM to Calgary for Matthew Shiltz who he played last year in the playoff game rather than a healthy BLM. That way Bo gets going on his coaching career and is available in the event of an injury to Jake Maier. Anything can happen. I think Stamps fans might like it.

Heavyweight bout tonight with Winnipeg in BC. Hearing 35,000 plus expected so not a good time to crap the bed for BC. I took Winnipeg to win because it is not out of the question and paid double my money. Won't be disappointed if I lose. Also looking forward to Lucky Whitehead returning kicks.
Chris Jones is in talks with Ti-Cats for a coaching gig.

Rourke is back.in uniform tonight for BC. This could get intetesting. Bombers will try to play dirty.

Enjoy

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Chris Jones is in talks with Ti-Cats for a coaching gig.

Rourke is back.in uniform tonight for BC. This could get intetesting. Bombers will try to play dirty.

Enjoy
So much for the big home coming in BC. It'll get better.

Until then if both Rourke and Vernon Adams are healthy it is hard to turn your back on what VA has done so far this year.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Hamilton +9.5 points at home vs Winnipeg is a tempting bet. 4.50 to win is even sweeter. I think the first is easily doable and might hedge the long shot.

Edmonton also paying 3.50 to win in Montreal won't surprise me if they do. Expecting MBT will start at QB after posteing high PFF numbers last week. Montreal will make it tough and Austin Mack back won't hurt. Game could go either way.

BC better be ready for Ottawa. I can see both streaks continue. Positive for the Redblacks, negative for the Lions. Rematch the following week.

Toronto at home is always a good bet. It will be interesting to see who starts at QB and hoping we see Chad Kelly back on the field at some point. I feel sorry for what he has been put through over an incident that did not warrant a criminal charge

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Hamilton +9.5 points at home vs Winnipeg is a tempting bet. 4.50 to win is even sweeter. I think the first is easily doable and might hedge the long shot.

Edmonton also paying 3.50 to win in Montreal won't surprise me if they do. Expecting MBT will start at QB after posteing high PFF numbers last week. Montreal will make it tough and Austin Mack back won't hurt. Game could go either way.

BC better be ready for Ottawa. I can see both streaks continue. Positive for the Redblacks, negative for the Lions. Rematch the following week.

Toronto at home is always a good bet. It will be interesting to see who starts at QB and hoping we see Chad Kelly back on the field at some point. I feel sorry for what he has been put through over an incident that did not warrant a criminal charge
Chad Kelly has been taking first team reps at practice. Good indication. Quite frankly, some sort of QB performance even rusty would be welcome. It's been mostly painful this year.