Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com

:lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If you plagiarize a speech that is a copy of someone else's, who have you copied from?

I like all the people using #RNC in their tweets, sending them to the police in Newfoundland. Awesome.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The 2016 GOP platform says they believe in the Constitution as the founding document, and that it is not flexible. Since the Constitution does not define 'marriage', that must mean the GOP believes that it is not the role of the government to define marriage.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The 2016 GOP platform says they believe in the Constitution as the founding document, and that it is not flexible. Since the Constitution does not define 'marriage', that must mean the GOP believes that it is not the role of the government to define marriage.
Actually, it means that the GOP wants to leave it up to the states. Tenth Amendment.

There is a long line of cases in American law that hold that the Full Faith and Credit Clause of Article IV does not apply to marriage.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If you plagiarize a speech that is a copy of someone else's, who have you copied from?

I like all the people using #RNC in their tweets, sending them to the police in Newfoundland. Awesome.

This plagerizing bullsh*t is just a red herring. Every word in her speech is a word everyone in the world has used. I think English may be the woman's second or third language and she probably wanted to say something that made sense and is acceptable, so what better "template" to work from?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
This plagerizing bullsh*t is just a red herring. Every word in her speech is a word everyone in the world has used. I think English may be the woman's second or third language and she probably wanted to say something that made sense and is acceptable, so what better "template" to work from?

She didn't write the speech, a professional speech writer did.

You can't seriously believe that someone else could simply copy a bestselling novel, change a word every couple of sentences, and claim it as their own work. When Michelle Obama did it, it was wrong, as well.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This plagiarism malarkey is just a red herring. Every word in her speech is a word everyone in the world has used, except people who can't speak English. I think English may be the woman's second or third language or fourth or even fifth, and she probably wanted to say something that made sense and is acceptable, so what better template to use?

Melania Trump made one of the best speeches in US party convention history. Tremendous speech. Speech experts tell me of all speeches she has the best. Her speech is up there with Michelle Obama's 2008 speech, which was a great speech. Don't get me wrong. But did Obama really write it? I heard things. I don't know, but I heard some things. I'm not going to say it... but maybe she copied it. It does sound a lot like Melania's speech. I'm not saying anything. I'm just saying, some people, important people, speech experts, and I have the best speech experts, some of them say, most of them really, that Michelle copied Melania's speech. They do seem similar. And why not? Melania is a tremendous speaker. Fantastic. I'm just saying, where are the transcripts? I don't know. Nobody knows.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't remember hearing about Michelle Obama's speech. Was that the same speech where she said it was the first time she'd been proud to be an American? But I do remember hearing about Barack Obama's plagarism. Oddly, that Sean Hannity website described the controversy as being unreported in the mainstream media, but then quotes the New York Times in reporting on it. Is the NYT not mainstream enough?