2016 Presidential Campaign

hillary rodham clinton vs donald john trump who will win?

• hillary rodham clinton

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • donald john trump

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The US Presidential election is the biggest industry on the planet
The biggest on the planet, eh? Bigger than shipping? Airlines? Petroleum? Medical care?

and it's privately funded. Who needs slave labor jobs when you've got this?
Yes, it would be better if it was government-funded and government-controlled, because we know government is 100% honest and incorruptible.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The biggest on the planet, eh? Bigger than shipping? Airlines? Petroleum? Medical care?

Yes, it would be better if it was government-funded and government-controlled, because we know government is 100% honest and incorruptible.
I'm defending it. Who cares if George Soros gave x-amount of money? It gets spent in the public domain on events, travel, media, advertising, etc, and is all done without government handouts.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Republicans blew it when they started nominating draft dodgers after shrieking that Bill Clinton was a draft dodger.

(He wasn't. In his senior year in college, he surrendered his draft deferment and took a number in the draft lottery. He got #311 and was never called.)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well the advancing ice age will change your mind. Look these southern states are being wasted by specimikns who do not appreciate the heat.

Living among a bunch of gun-toting 'make america great again' folks is not worth the heat.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No, it was Hurricane Hazel. In October. 1954 was also the year Marilyn Bell swan Lake Ontario.

Hard to believe, just seems like yesterday! :)

I remember that was the Hallowe'en we were sent out with collection boxes to collect for Hazel's victims in Ontario.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I was skimming through CBC news and came across this. National and state by projections of how the election might go this evening.

CBC News | Presidential Poll Tracker

This explains how the CBC reached their conclusions. As with all things CBC, I do not claim that this is at all accurate. It's just another news source getting in on the action.

How we track the polls and electoral college with the Presidential Poll Tracker - Politics - CBC News

It essentially has given every tossup state to Clinton (which may indeed happen) if you go by their tracking number.

I have a funny feeling people are going to not vote they way they tell the pollsters (one way or the other) which makes their projections questionable if that happened. I know 19/20 but haven't we had 19 accurate ones so far?

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
For many years, news departments/polling companies all over the world have been trying to come up with a system that can accurately predict elections.

It would be interesting to find a study that can report on the accuracy of polling agencies. How accurate are most projections anyway?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
How accurate are most projections anyway?

In the last election we held here in BC all the polls were predicting an NDP victory ..........boy did they get that wrong.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Polling industry dealt major blow in B.C. election

Last night was a very bad one for Adrian Dix and the New Democrats, who expected victory as much as the pollsters did. And with good reason: a stabilizing, maybe even growing, lead over the B.C. Liberals with hours to go before the polls opened. Instead, British Columbians collectively woke up and changed their minds and swung about 13 points towards Christy Clark. Or, more likely, something disastrously wrong occurred in the polling industry.

ThreeHundredEight.com: Polling industry dealt major blow in B.C. election

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
For many years, news departments/polling companies all over the world have been trying to come up with a system that can accurately predict elections.

It would be interesting to find a study that can report on the accuracy of polling agencies. How accurate are most projections anyway?

I routinely lie to pollsters. I even did an 'exit poll' where they asked who I voted for, I said somebody other than who I put the X beside. I like messing with pollsters heads.

They got BC and Alberta elections results wrong in the last little while. I think something simular happened in 1948 presidential election (which has been mentioned here). I recall the 2000 election was also supposed to be a slam dunk for Gore according to the pollsters. Damn those hanging chads!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Trumps support is primarily angey white men. I dont see how the math works out for him.