Craig said he regrets pleading guilty

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Interesting article! Makes anyone think twice that wants to tap his feet in a public washroom!
And that old congressional page scandal. It would be good to open it up again and give the Catholic Church some competition in such matters. Surely, some sleuth in Canada can begin a parliamentary page investigation too. Could be fodder for the dailies on down weeks.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Senator Larry Craig has announced that he will resign his US Senate position on September 1, 2007. Gov. Otter of Idaho has indicated he will appoint the current Idaho Lt. Governor to replace Craig. That way Craig can have more free time to roam the mens rooms of America on a trolling mission.

JoeSchmoe

Time Out
May 28, 2007
Vancouver Island
He didn't do anything wrong.... and yet he pleaded guilty!

He's not gay.... yet he pleaded guilty to trying to pick up guys in the men's room!

hmmm.... quacks and walks like a duck.....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Do any of you men have any idea how terrifying it is to consider letting my son, my 6 year old son, use a men's rest room? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people, that I have to worry that my son is going to see or hear something like this, or worse, be molested, just because he needed to pee? What is with men? You don't hear about women being arrested for picking eachother up in bathrooms!

Reactions: EagleSmack

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Ooook. So was this guy just rockin' with his ipod and caught in something he doesn't understand type of guy?
Oooor... Is he a typical two faced hypocritical chrit-o-facist trying to take away civil rights in the name of his god and the security of the mighty USofA and still get to screw young boys and bring aids home to his white bread clean christian family type of guy?

Just wondering.:-|

P.S Karrie, I was always, and still am, a bit leary when my daughter goes to a pulic washroom.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
You don't hear about women being arrested for picking eachother up in bathrooms!
That's because woman have class and don't use washrooms to pick each other up in...how crude and vulgar...public washrooms..yick!

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
He regrets pleading guilty, how about regretting what he did in the first place...

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Oh look, it's another elected official who is now claiming he didn't understand the impact of pleading guilty to a crime.

Wow. And to think this is the sort of person who helps MAKE the laws? The sad part is, there will be a HUGE number of people who agree with him, and support him.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
There was some discussion this afternoon on Air America Radio that Bush felt betrayed by Craig on certain votes. This is why the Republicans decided to force him from the Senate where he could be replaced by another Republican who was more loyal to Bush.

By contrast, Senator David Bruce Vitter of Louisiana was implicated in the DC Madam scandal and was not forced out of office as he would be replaced by a Democrat (the governor is a Dem).

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Wide Stance Larry

Wide Stance Larry is the nicname for Craig now, because thats how he explains his 'approach' to the UC cop.

hilarious eh?

But its not so hilarous that this homosexual was pushing anti-agy marriage, and "the gay cure" and so on just to get votes from the Christian Right. Those poor fools have been used and used again, like when Bush was campaigning down south in the churches pretending to "one of them", and saying God told him to invade Iraq. [I doubt his sincerity]

I wonder when the Christian Right will learn to see through the political pandering hypocracy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Do any of you men have any idea how terrifying it is to consider letting my son, my 6 year old son, use a men's rest room? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people, that I have to worry that my son is going to see or hear something like this, or worse, be molested, just because he needed to pee? What is with men? You don't hear about women being arrested for picking eachother up in bathrooms!

I TOTALLY agree. Men like that are pretty messed up regardless of their political background. I NEVER let my boys into a bathroom alone because predators could care less how much that boy is cared for or loved, or what that boy sees. If you give them an opportunity they will take it. Their perverted sexual needs outweigh the safety and health of the child.

Liberals, Neo-Cons, Canadians, Americans... never trust your kids to be alone in any public bathroom alone when they are young.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh look, it's another elected official who is now claiming he didn't understand the impact of pleading guilty to a crime.

Wow. And to think this is the sort of person who helps MAKE the laws? The sad part is, there will be a HUGE number of people who agree with him, and support him.

No kidding Ten. This Craig guy is a total jerk. The arresting officer said that Craig gave him a business card that identified him as a US Senator and said

"What do you think of that?"

As if the cop was going to fold up and let him go.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
EagleSmack said:
Men like that are pretty messed up regardless of their political background. I NEVER let my boys into a bathroom alone because predators could care less how much that boy is cared for or loved, or what that boy sees ... never trust your kids to be alone in any public bathroom alone when they are young.

Right. But bear in mind, that it isn't just men who victimize children sexually -- women do it as well:

http://www.canadiancrc.com/female_sexual_predators_awareness.htm

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Right. But bear in mind, that it isn't just men who victimize children sexually -- women do it as well:

http://www.canadiancrc.com/female_sexual_predators_awareness.htm

Women don't victimize children in the same fashion. Women typically molest children in their constant care by blurring the lines between care (baths and changing clothes,etc), and inappropriate contact.
For a woman to molest a strange child in a public setting is an incredible rarity. Whereas men are known to grab and victimize perfect strangers. And this isn't even necessarily about them victimizing a child, but just having a general disregard for what a child would see and hear upon entering that bathroom.