The Secret: The Law of Attraction

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Catholics and other Christians need to become more aware of the lures and traps of the
NewAge in order to avoid them. We must reject the lies and false promises of Satan's
New Age, and give ourselves completely to the Truth that is Jesus Christ. Satan wishes to
rule the world, but God will ultimately triumph. He alone is our hope and our
salvation.

What lies and false promises, specifically?

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
What lies and false promises, specifically?
on the surface, NA appears to be a good thing. It promises global peace, health,
personal and spiritual growth, and environmental stability. However, the methods it
promotes to achieve these goals are cleverly hidden beneath this benevolent surface
appearance. A closer scrutiny reveals a dark, sinister methodology for drawing people
away from the Jesus Christ and towards individualism, and the religious practices of
pagans, belief in reincarnation, and the power of the "Self".

Nevertheless, the NA, on the surface, does not deny the existence of Jesus Christ - to
do so would scare off most Christians in an instant. Instead, clever syntax is applied,
while traditional aspects of our faith are redefined. Jesus Christ becomes less than
what He is, God, and instead is relegated to becoming one of a number of "Spiritual
Guides" or "Ascended Masters" who were mere humans who "evolved" into higher
beings after discovering and using "ancient wisdom." Indeed, the NAM promises that
any individual can attain this status through "Self Realization" or "Higher
Consciousness" of the fact of one's own "Higher Self", "God-Self", or "Divinity".
Essentially, each individual can become God.

The NA is riddled with occult and other forbidden practices which make up the
"ancient wisdom", including mediumship, channeling, divination, astrology, consulting
spirits of the dead, tarot cards, crystals, palm reading, ouija boards, psychic powers,
Yoga, transcendental meditation, rose poetry, past-life regression, etc. God spoke to
Moses about such practices:

"Let there not be found among you anyone who immolates his son or daughter in the
fire, nor fortune teller, soothsayer, charmer, diviner, or caster of spells, nor one who
consults ghosts and spirits or seeks oracles from the dead. Anyone who does such
things is an abomination to the Lord" (Deut 18:10-12)

"Do not turn aside to idols, nor make molten gods for yourselves. I, the Lord, am your
God." (Lev 19:4)

"The Spirit says clearly that some men will abandon their faith in later times. They
will obey lying spirits and follow the teaching of demons." (1 Timothy 4:1)

Despite the clear implications of such practices, an increasing number of people are
abandoning their true faith to follow some or many aspects of the NAM. People today
are replacing God with evil spirits and pagan gods, just as the ancient Israelites and
Egyptians did during the time of Moses. The seductions are subtle, but at its core is
Satan himself. He is promising, just as he did in the Garden of Eden, that the forbidden
fruit will make us gods.

The concepts of sin and hell do not exist in the NA. Reincarnation and "ascension"
are the explanations given by the NAM. "Original blessing" replace the concept of
original sin, and Man's fall from grace is now termed Man's "ascension". The
redemptive power of the cross is no longer needed, and in this way Jesus' Crucifixion is
no longer meaningful and can therefore be totally ignored. Some aspects of the "New
Age" depersonalize Jesus Christ by referring to a "Christ Consciousness" (Eckankar) -
who came through various persons throughout the ages, or a "Cosmic Christ"
(Rosecrusianism).

Satan, as well as the other evil spirits, are fallen angels who turned away from God.
Yet they have the power to appear to people as benevolent. Saint Paul warns

"Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:14)

What appears to some New Agers to be a "Divine Light" is, in reality, the "Shining
Darkness" of Satan. Despite the attractiveness, and apparent concern shown by these
"Spirit Guides", these spirits will ultimately lead to spiritual oppression and other
forms of spiritual destruction here on Earth, and possibly serious consequences in the
life to come.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
Didnt YOU just say that? Yanno I give up ......this could have been the one thread that we ALL could have benifitted from and this time it was YOU that trashed it.

Interesting isn't it? How we hear all these complaints of how we come in and "trash" the christian threads, yet here it is happening inside a NA thread by a christian.

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Interesting isn't it? How we hear all these complaints of how we come in and "trash" the christian threads, yet here it is happening inside a NA thread by a christian.

West has identifed himself as aChristian, so I am only sharing with him how NA is contrary to the faith.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Its a good topic I tried to get the other thread to float a bit longer but it didnt. Now it could actually help someones life and he wants to trash it like he trashes EVERYTHING I believe in. Ive been real quiet on the religion front.........**** it.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
on the surface, NA appears to be a good thing. It promises global peace, health,
personal and spiritual growth, and environmental stability. However, the methods it
promotes to achieve these goals are cleverly hidden beneath this benevolent surface
appearance. A closer scrutiny reveals a dark, sinister methodology for drawing people
away from the Jesus Christ and towards individualism, and the religious practices of
pagans, belief in reincarnation, and the power of the "Self".

The power of 'self' empowers others. The power of 'self' isn't about ego. in part, it's about knowing yourself in order to be the best person possible. IMHO, the real purpose of 'self' is to inspire others with the hope that they will to do the same. This promotes world peace and all that junk. Not very satanic to moi.

Nevertheless, the NA, on the surface, does not deny the existence of Jesus Christ - to
do so would scare off most Christians in an instant. Instead, clever syntax is applied,
while traditional aspects of our faith are redefined. Jesus Christ becomes less than
what He is, God, and instead is relegated to becoming one of a number of "Spiritual
Guides" or "Ascended Masters" who were mere humans who "evolved" into higher
beings after discovering and using "ancient wisdom." Indeed, the NAM promises that
any individual can attain this status through "Self Realization" or "Higher
Consciousness" of the fact of one's own "Higher Self", "God-Self", or "Divinity".
Essentially, each individual can become God.
Sounds a little like what Catholics like to call "Saints". I can think of several examples that fall in line with the above, taken from Cathloism (SP??) alone.

Reminds me a little of Hinduism too, which is also dangerous and satantic, right?

The NA is riddled with occult and other forbidden practices which make up the
"ancient wisdom", including mediumship, channeling, divination, astrology, consulting
spirits of the dead, tarot cards, crystals, palm reading, ouija boards, psychic powers,
Yoga, transcendental meditation, rose poetry, past-life regression, etc. God spoke to
Moses about such practices:

"Let there not be found among you anyone who immolates his son or daughter in the
fire, nor fortune teller, soothsayer, charmer, diviner, or caster of spells, nor one who
consults ghosts and spirits or seeks oracles from the dead. Anyone who does such
things is an abomination to the Lord" (Deut 18:10-12)
There are prophets and prophecies in the bible, right? What makes them more legitimate than an tarot cards? Who says Moses wasn't delusional? Lots of others mentioned in the bible saw spirits and Ghosts. :shrug:
"Do not turn aside to idols, nor make molten gods for yourselves. I, the Lord, am your
God." (Lev 19:4)
Saints are a nice compromise. Now please, don't lecture me on saints, I spent 13 yrs in Catholic school, my grandmother's second husband was a priest etc, etc.

"The Spirit says clearly that some men will abandon their faith in later times. They
will obey lying spirits and follow the teaching of demons." (1 Timothy 4:1)
More fortune telling and 'clarvoyance'. :)

Despite the clear implications of such practices, an increasing number of people are
abandoning their true faith to follow some or many aspects of the NAM. People today
are replacing God with evil spirits and pagan gods, just as the ancient Israelites and
Egyptians did during the time of Moses. The seductions are subtle, but at its core is
Satan himself. He is promising, just as he did in the Garden of Eden, that the forbidden
fruit will make us gods.
Perhaps their disguested with what satan has done to the church. The temptations and stuff.

The concepts of sin and hell do not exist in the NA. Reincarnation and "ascension"
are the explanations given by the NAM. "Original blessing" replace the concept of
original sin, and Man's fall from grace is now termed Man's "ascension". The
redemptive power of the cross is no longer needed, and in this way Jesus' Crucifixion is
no longer meaningful and can therefore be totally ignored. Some aspects of the "New
Age" depersonalize Jesus Christ by referring to a "Christ Consciousness" (Eckankar) -
who came through various persons throughout the ages, or a "Cosmic Christ"
(Rosecrusianism).
Can't comment on that.

Satan, as well as the other evil spirits, are fallen angels who turned away from God.
Yet they have the power to appear to people as benevolent. Saint Paul warns

"Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:14)
Yeah, yeah. Beware of the false prophets etc. God promises stuff too. What to do, what to do??

What appears to some New Agers to be a "Divine Light" is, in reality, the "Shining
Darkness" of Satan. Despite the attractiveness, and apparent concern shown by these
"Spirit Guides", these spirits will ultimately lead to spiritual oppression and other
forms of spiritual destruction here on Earth, and possibly serious consequences in the
life to come.
I somehow doubt that.

Reactions: selfactivated

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
Its a good topic I tried to get the other thread to float a bit longer but it didnt. Now it could actually help someones life and he wants to trash it like he trashes EVERYTHING I believe in. Ive been real quiet on the religion front.........**** it.

Don't get yourself worked up gentle one, he's living in a trap and he doesn't realize it. When you live inside a bubble, everything outside appears evil, including the genuinely good. You know who you are, you know you're good and you have good intentions, and what you worship and practice IS good, because it helps you become a better and stronger person.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Don't sweat the small stuff, athough that might be satanic. :)

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
In all honestly, it is important to recognize how much you actually contribute to the circumstances you may find yourself in at any given time. With several exceptions, we are in control....for the most part. Catholic, Pagan etc, etc, it doesn't matter as long as you see the how vital a role youactually play in creating your own life.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
In all honestly, it is important to recognize how much you actually contribute to the circumstances you may find yourself in at any given time. With several exceptions, we are in control....for the most part. Catholic, Pagan etc, etc, it doesn't matter as long as you see the how vital a role youactually play in creating your own life.

I completely agree! They say that a happy individual spreads happiness amongst others, simply by being in a good mood one can help others feel that happiness. I find that if I force myself to focus on the good things, my day becomes much more productive and fullfilling.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I completely agree! They say that a happy individual spreads happiness amongst others, simply by being in a good mood one can help others feel that happiness. I find that if I force myself to focus on the good things, my day becomes much more productive and fullfilling.

If you can't laugh or at least look on the bright side, what'sthe point. It can almost always be worse.

I'm like that myself. People never approach me looking to vent. They always drop by for a laugh.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia

I was just this afternoon explaining this to my bro in law. Hicks has an excercise were you hold a high thought for 17 seconds and you mood is elevated and you attract better experiences to your self.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
If you can't laugh or at least look on the bright side, what'sthe point. It can almost always be worse.

I'm like that myself. People never approach me looking to vent. They always drop by for a laugh.

Im still learning step by step. I have really awesome days and then I flatline. Im still learning how to sustain the energy.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Im still learning step by step. I have really awesome days and then I flatline. Im still learning how to sustain the energy.

You'll get it. I used to be the meanest person you'd ever want to meet. I just decided one day that i didn't want to be like that anymore. And that was that. Not that I don't have days myself now and then, I just direct the energy elsewhere.