Fentanyl

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yeah, I don’t know what that means though. Does a gram get one of them high once or 10 of them high once? I’m curious about the economics to help mentally sort out patterns on the calendar.

Anyway, this afternoon’s was interesting. This happened inside the dollar store in that Value Village Mall. First time I’d been in there in years & I wanted to hit the used bookstore.

Lisa wanted to grab some freezer bags & thought they might have some in the dollar store across the isle from the bookstore.

While I was in there with her, there’s a ruckus up the isle from where we where. Some dude (Native, 25-ish, 220lbs but lots of fat, 6’, gas station type junkie) is tossing things in a cloth bag as two smaller women employees are right on him (but not touching him) say’n “You can’t be in here!” Over and over, etc…so I blocked him & they wrestled the bag away from him.

He about-faced and flipped some shit off the shelves as I was following him out, & on the way out he grabs a litre ice tea (plastic bottle) & I yell. He heads out into the mall isle before I catch him.

Almost had him jersey’d before he threw the bottle & it bounced off my mouth, where I went to kick him in the balls but was about 3” too high & caught him mid between the belt & balls. Comedy ensued.

I put the Ice Tea back on the display when I went back in and caught up with Lisa. Paid for our stuff & I forgot to hit the used bookstore completely. There’s still one more day to this week too.
1 gram? 10 normal people for a 3 day high. Its a shit tonne for 1 person.

Youve had quite the week. The weirdos around here are at Tims and McD's. Did RPS come collect the guy.

I like that bookstore.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
1 gram? 10 normal people for a 3 day high. Its a shit tonne for 1 person.

Youve had quite the week. The weirdos around here are at Tims and McD's. Did RPS come collect the guy.

I like that bookstore.
After I gut-kicked him, and he was able to sorta straighten up and got his sweater back down, he went out the mall doors & I took the Ice Tea back in & caught up with Lisa. Don’t know what happened to him after that ‘cuz I was done with him.

Policy is employees can’t physically interact with shoplifters but I don’t think there’s any policy against customers doing so? The women working in the store were actually quite apologetic that they can’t do anything about it beyond what they were already doing. Kept them out-of-the-way anyway.

Reactions: Taxslave2

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
After I gut-kicked him, and he was able to sorta straighten up and got his sweater back down, he went out the mall doors & I took the Ice Tea back in & caught up with Lisa. Don’t know what happened to him after that ‘cuz I was done with him.

Policy is employees can’t physically interact with shoplifters but I don’t think there’s any policy against customers doing so? The women working in the store were actually quite apologetic that they can’t do anything about it beyond what they were already doing. Kept them out-of-the-way anyway.
This "help yourself" shit is going off the charts.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It was one of those “right or wrong” things & that was bullshit. Sometimes you need to bully the bully.

After the fact when the Indian woman were apologizing, they said that this guy comes in there and robs them every day. Every day! What the Hell?
Ice cream cakes are locked up at the new DQ on Albert North.

How far you get with an ice cream cake?

• Haha

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
2 Saturdays ago, at the Pepsi plant across the street from our yard, Eddy, their mechanic has the gate open and shop door open. A pickup drives in, he never thought much of it until this meth head comes in with a gun and tries to rob him. Probably not a smart move, even for a healthy person. Eddy grabs a pry bar and breaks the dipshit's collar bone. Then the other two shitheads in the truck come in and get the same treatment. When all three are no longer feeling like moving he calls the cops to come and collect the prizes. Unfortunately, he had to give up the gun to prove he didn't use excessive force.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Real-life Walter White was sociopath behind fentanyl epidemic

Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Published Aug 21, 2024 • Last updated 20 hours ago • 3 minute read

REAL WALTER WHITE: George Erik Marquardt was the real-life Walter White. FOX NATION
George Erik Marquardt was the real-life Walter White. Photo by HO /FOX NATION
A powdered pestilence was raging through the Big Apple and cops were finding dead junkies with the needles still in their arms.

Next stop: Morgue.

It was a white powder packed in little baggies stamped Tango & Cash. This was February 1991 and it was America’s first taste of the deadly opioid fentanyl.

Cops were so alarmed they drove around with loudspeakers warning addicts about the new killer drug. Soon, the plague spread across the country.

Now, a new four-part FOX Nation documentary called The Godfather of Fentanyl, reveals the rogue chemist who unleashed this horror.

George Erik Marquardt was the real-life Walter White, the cancer-stricken protagonist of the acclaimed series Breaking Bad who turns to meth-dealing to help his family.

“Marquardt really was a real-life Walter White,” Donna Nelson, the Breaking Bad science advisor, told the doc.

The series features interviews with Marquardt from the 1990s where he admits his interest in science came from a lecture delivered by atomic bomb brainiac Robert Oppenheimer.

“That night I decided whatever the decisions of my life – right or wrong – were going to be, I was going to make them myself.”

For Marquardt — born in 1946 — formal education was for the birds. After he quit school, the future Godfather of Fentanyl discovered that his chemistry skills were in high demand. He started by making LSD before he was nabbed stealing chemistry stocks at the University of Wisconsin.

“[When he was 23] he stole the family truck and disappeared into the night,” his sister Gini told the doc. “He never talked to my parents again, ever.”

BUSTED: REAL WALTER WHITE: George Erik Marquardt was the real-life Walter White. FOX NATION
BUSTED: REAL WALTER WHITE: George Erik Marquardt was the real-life Walter White. FOX NATION
By the mid-1970s, he was in Oklahoma and cooking meth, making big bucks selling it to oil field workers.

“[Marquardt] wasn’t like anybody that I’ve ever run across before in the drug business,” former drug cop John Madinger said. He is the author of Lethal Doses: The Story Behind The Godfather of Fentanyl.

“He was personable, friendly, open, definitely the smartest criminal I met in 35 years of law enforcement,” Madinger said, adding “The guy [ultimately] has killed more people than all the serial killers you can name put together.”

x
DEADLY: Cops say fentanyl pills now look like Sweet Tarts to lure teens and children. DEA
At Lewisburg Federal Prison, Marquardt met big players in the underworld. Along with other criminal chemists, Marquardt and Co. were scheming to develop a synthetic heroin.

That would be fentanyl, first created in 1960 as a high-octane painkiller and 100 times more powerful than morphine. Creating the opioid was not easy and the Patriarca crime family of New England bankrolled Marquardt.

“My approach was to take what’s in the literature and mess with it,” Marquardt said in the videos. “Then I hope for serendipity to strike, and every once in a while, it does.”

He added: “Suddenly I saw these beautiful white crystals forming. I was extremely excited.”

Using his underworld contacts, New York City would be the test market. That was January 1991.

But Marquardt’s drug was supposed to be cut with other powders. That did not happen and the Grim Reaper got busy.

Once the bodies started hitting the streets in New York, tracking down the criminal mastermind behind it became a priority for cops.

Investigators got a break when one pusher babbled “his supplier in Wichita nearly died after accidentally inhaling fentanyl vapours in a makeshift lab in a remote industrial park.”

By the summer of 1993, Marquardt was behind bars after pleading guilty to conspiracy to manufacture fentanyl. He was caged for 20 years before being sprung in 2015, dying two years later aged 69.

Today, 2,000 Americans per week and countless Canadians pay the price for Marquardt’s “serendipity”.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's about fucking time.

B.C. will force severely addicted and mentally ill people into involuntary care: Eby

Premier David Eby announced the change Sunday after nearly a decade of the overdose epidemic and street violence

Author of the article:Joseph Ruttle, David Carrigg
Published Sep 15, 2024

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Got another trap house on our block. Moved in back in the spring and there were somewhat stealthy at that point, but over the course of the summer, they’ve gone apeshit. It’s Next Door your plumber buddy with the big sunflower and down a couple of houses…

Working to try and get that removed. Easier said than done and it’s not a fast process.
1726508934641.jpeg
I figured there’s between 30-40 junkies living there between the house and the garage and the encampment in the backyard.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Got another trap house on our block. Moved in back in the spring and there were somewhat stealthy at that point, but over the course of the summer, they’ve gone apeshit. It’s Next Door your plumber buddy with the big sunflower and down a couple of houses…

Working to try and get that removed. Easier said than done and it’s not a fast process.
View attachment 24718
I figured there’s between 30-40 junkies living there between the house and the garage and the encampment in the backyard.
Try the Fire Dept.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So, yesterday afternoon after I got home, these trap houses generate garbage, which they try and hide somewhat sort of. Plus they end up with garbage (recycle, & yard waste) bins full of stolen property being dropped off in exchange for… whatever the flavour of drug is.

There’s a new business opened on the corner of our block (witchcraft and voodoo supplies store, owned and run by women exclusively). The junkies hauled much of their crap down and dumped it on this new business.
1726515466771.jpeg
Myself and one other neighbour took it upon ourselves to reclaim that last evening.
1726515508576.jpeg
So when this business opens again Tuesday AM (they are closed Sundays and Mondays), they will find this:
1726515647902.jpeg
Baby steps….while we wait on SCAN. This morning (every second Monday) is garbage day for this neighbourhood.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
…& police, & Bylaw enforcement, & SCAN. I hear you.

Things are in motion.
So, yesterday afternoon after I got home, these trap houses generate garbage, which they try and hide somewhat sort of. Plus they end up with garbage (recycle, & yard waste) bins full of stolen property being dropped off in exchange for… whatever the flavour of drug is.

There’s a new business opened on the corner of our block (witchcraft and voodoo supplies store, owned and run by women exclusively). The junkies hauled much of their crap down and dumped it on this new business.
View attachment 24720
Myself and one other neighbour took it upon ourselves to reclaim that last evening.
View attachment 24721
So when this business opens again Tuesday AM (they are closed Sundays and Mondays), they will find this:
View attachment 24722
Baby steps….while we wait on SCAN. This morning (every second Monday) is garbage day for this neighbourhood.
4 months ago could have asked a bud to check it out. He retired from by-law in May. Chances are good you know him from Thom.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
4 months ago could have asked a bud to check it out. He retired from by-law in May. Chances are good you know him from Thom.
I might, but I’d have to see him. Things are in play. They just don’t seem to happen fast enough as all.

The police were out there twice Sunday during the daylight (and my dogs went off several times in the night because that’s when they’re the most active), and the last time they were there, I buttonholed the lead cruiser, so everybody had to stop behind him….& they were responding to a fight that happened on that property, because one junkie is in the hospital and he’s missing half an ear. Somebody bit the other half off.

They were all trying to leave out the alley to get west on the 11th to get to either the police station or the Tim Hortons on the 11th. I was cleaning up that yard.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I might, but I’d have to see him. Things are in play. They just don’t seem to happen fast enough as all.

The police were out there twice Sunday during the daylight (and my dogs went off several times in the night because that’s when they’re the most active), and the last time they were there, I buttonholed the lead cruiser, so everybody had to stop behind him….& they were responding to a fight that happened on that property, because one junkie is in the hospital and he’s missing half an ear. Somebody bit the other half off.

They were all trying to leave out the alley to get west on the 11th to get to either the police station or the Tim Hortons on the 11th. I was cleaning up that yard.
Things aren't as bad they once were in north central. The still unburned houses are filling up with immigrants. Lots of Africans.