Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
'Bully' Kamala Harris cursed at, berated staff, 2019 opinion piece claims
The op/ed was written by the father of an intern while Harris was California AG

Author of the article:Eddie Chau
Published Aug 02, 2024 • Last updated 17 hours ago • 2 minute read

Did the current vice-president of the United States previously act like a diva to her staff?

According to a recently unearthed opinion piece published in 2019 in The Union newspaper, the presidential hopeful used to constantly snap at her staff while throwing F-bombs when she was the attorney general for California.

The op/ed — entitled “Another Side to Kamala Harris” and penned by Prof. Terry McAteer — discusses the “eye-opening” month that his son Gregory had while interning for Harris. McAteer wrote his son has seen a side of Harris “which the general public does not know.”

The opinion piece also alleged that staff didn’t introduce Gregory to Harris because they were fearful of her when she was attorney general between 2011 and 2017, per New York Post.

While the professor said he had nothing against Harris, he said the politician didn’t show quality leadership skills nor was she a decent boss that a summer intern might expect. The Post noted Gregory’s now-deleted LinkedIn page stated he worked as a public policy intern under Harris from June-August 2011.

Previous reports had called Harris a “bully” by a staff member who had worked for her after she became vice-president in 2021. The ex-staffer told the Washington Post that it’s “clear that you’re not working with somebody who is willing to do the prep and the work” and that with Harris staff “have to put up with the constant amount of soul-destroying criticism and also her own lack of confidence.

“So you’re constantly sort of propping up a bull and it’s not really clear why,” said the staffer.

McAteer’s 2019 opinion piece resurfaced after government watchdog organization Open The Books reported Harris had a 91.5% staff turnover rate while serving in the White House, which surpasses President Joe Biden’s 77% turnover rate and Donald Trump’s 72% turnover rate while he was president.

Using payroll records as of March 31, 2024, Open the Books noted about four of the original 47 staff employed during Harris’ first year as vice-presidnet are still working for her. Harris currently has 50 staff as she campaigns to become the next president of the United States.
rn over
With a 92% turn over with staff, something must have been going on!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I know it's confusing for you, harry. But everybody has a mommy and a sperm donor, and sometimes they're of different races. Get an adult to explain any of the words you didn't understand.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I know it's confusing for you, harry. But everybody has a mommy and a sperm donor, and sometimes they're of different races. Get an adult to explain any of the words you didn't understand.
Great why do you put so much emphasis on your ancestry?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Kamala's husband Doug Emhoff says affair contributed to first marriage breakup
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Jonathan J. Cooper
Published Aug 05, 2024 • 1 minute read

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Second gentleman Doug Emhoff acknowledged Saturday that he had an extramarital affair years ago that contributed to the breakup of his first marriage.

“During my first marriage, Kerstin and I went through some tough times on account of my actions,” Emhoff said in a statement, first reported by CNN. “I took responsibility, and in the years since, we worked through things as a family and have come out stronger on the other side.”

He issued the statement after the Daily Mail reported on the matter.

The affair was known to the team that vetted Vice President Kamala Harris before President Joe Biden picked her to be his running mate in 2020, according to a person familiar with the events who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive situation. Harris knew about the affair before she married Emhoff, the person said.

Emhoff and Harris met on a blind date in 2013 and married the following year. It was her first marriage and his second. Harris’ stepchildren, Ella and Cole Emhoff, were teenagers when their father remarried.

Kerstin Emhoff has spoken positively of Harris as a “co-parent” of her daughters and as “loving, nurturing, fiercely protecting and always present.” She issued a statement supporting her ex-husband after he acknowledged the affair.

“Doug and I decided to end our marriage for a variety of reasons, many years ago,” she said. “He is a great father to our kids, continues to be a great friend to me and I am really proud of the warm and supportive blended family Doug, Kamala, and I have built together.”

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Kamala's husband Doug Emhoff says affair contributed to first marriage breakup
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Jonathan J. Cooper
Published Aug 05, 2024 • 1 minute read

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Second gentleman Doug Emhoff acknowledged Saturday that he had an extramarital affair years ago that contributed to the breakup of his first marriage.

“During my first marriage, Kerstin and I went through some tough times on account of my actions,” Emhoff said in a statement, first reported by CNN. “I took responsibility, and in the years since, we worked through things as a family and have come out stronger on the other side.”

He issued the statement after the Daily Mail reported on the matter.

The affair was known to the team that vetted Vice President Kamala Harris before President Joe Biden picked her to be his running mate in 2020, according to a person familiar with the events who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive situation. Harris knew about the affair before she married Emhoff, the person said.

Emhoff and Harris met on a blind date in 2013 and married the following year. It was her first marriage and his second. Harris’ stepchildren, Ella and Cole Emhoff, were teenagers when their father remarried.

Kerstin Emhoff has spoken positively of Harris as a “co-parent” of her daughters and as “loving, nurturing, fiercely protecting and always present.” She issued a statement supporting her ex-husband after he acknowledged the affair.

“Doug and I decided to end our marriage for a variety of reasons, many years ago,” she said. “He is a great father to our kids, continues to be a great friend to me and I am really proud of the warm and supportive blended family Doug, Kamala, and I have built together.”
Why. . . why. . . that makes Harris WORSE THAN TRUMP!