KFC in Canada has gone WOKE

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
It's an inside job Boomer, didn't you get the memo? They will be consumed with diabetes in ten years and then we can sell them Ozempic.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Talk to doctor before using Ozempic for weight loss
Author of the article:Alex Vezina
Published Jun 14, 2024 • Last updated Jun 14, 2024 • 3 minute read

Let’s talk about Ozempic or, to use its generic name, semaglutide, originally developed to treat people with type 2 diabetes but now also being used by many people for weight loss.

Experts will tell you to speak to a doctor before using Ozempic or similar semaglutide products, to lose weight.

Altering the body’s natural hunger response the way this drug does is not something to undertake without medical supervision.

Weight and dieting to lose weight are complex issues, which can have both positive and negative outcomes.

Obesity is associated with a variety of serious and chronic medical conditions, some of which can be fatal over time.

Supposed miracle cures for weight loss have been around for a long time, so what makes this relatively new drug originally developed for another purpose work?

Simply put, semaglutide works for the most logical reason of all — it makes people less hungry.

When it comes to health, this has potential benefits as well as potential risks.
Fake Ozempic is circulating in Europe and Americas, WHO warns
Author of the article:Bloomberg News
Bloomberg News
Naomi Kresge
Published Jun 20, 2024 • 1 minute read

(Bloomberg) — The World Health Organization warned that fake batches of Novo Nordisk A/S’s hit diabetes drug Ozempic have been circulating amid soaring demand for the medicine, which some patients use to lose weight.

Three falsified batches were identified in Brazil and the UK in October of last year and in the US in December, the WHO said on Thursday. Though the global public health body has been monitoring growing numbers of reports of fake semaglutide, as Ozempic is known generically, since 2022, this is the first time it has issued an official warning notice.

The counterfeit products could harm patients’ health because they don’t contain the correct ingredients, and in some cases they may even contain a different drug — such as insulin — which could be dangerous when taken incorrectly, the WHO said. Ozempic is a diabetes treatment; semaglutide is sold for obesity under the brand name Wegovy.

Fake weight-loss drugs are a growing concern as runaway demand for the medicines feeds a ballooning gray market. In the US, regulations allow compounding pharmacies to sell copycat versions of the drugs because they’re in shortage. Novo and its US rival Eli Lilly & Co. have sought to link the compounded medicines with the possibility of outright counterfeits, with Lilly saying on Thursday that some compounded medicines contained a different chemical than the Food and Drug Administration-approved medicine.

Patients should avoid “unfamiliar or unverified sources, such as those that may be found online,” the WHO said.
does praying affect the food? i have seen shows on tv that claim that it does. :confused:
Pray you dont get a stroke?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Unless you wrap your chicken in bacon, I think it would be hard to make an non-halal chicken.
Actually, I dunno what the fuck they do but those halal fuckers CANNOT butcher a chicken worth shit. Wife grabbed some chicken legs with thighs attached at the grocery store. Didn't have her glasses and didn't notice it was "halal". Worst chicken butchering I've ever seen. They literally butchered the butchering. I have never in my life seen legs and thighs cut like that. I can't even describe it it's so fucked up.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Actually, I dunno what the fuck they do but those halal fuckers CANNOT butcher a chicken worth shit. Wife grabbed some chicken legs with thighs attached at the grocery store. Didn't have her glasses and didn't notice it was "halal". Worst chicken butchering I've ever seen. They literally butchered the butchering. I have never in my life seen legs and thighs cut like that. I can't even describe it it's so fucked up.
I think the Halal labels in the grocery stores are similar to "Organic". Just a way to increase the price 25% without doing much else.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's not like it used to be. There was nothing like a drumstick out of a cold barrel after a hard night of drinking. The salt was orgasmic.
Haven't been in years. Last two times I went (different locations, different cities) the chicken was still fucking raw and the coating was mushy where it touched the skin. Personally, not a fan of chicken tartar. More like KFCT.

Reactions: Retired_Can_Soldier

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I remember when they had really greasy fries (the kind you knew were clogging your arteries as you ate them). They were delicious. Now like every place else they fry them in vegetable oil so become flavourless strings of potato.

Reactions: Jinentonix

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I think the Halal labels in the grocery stores are similar to "Organic". Just a way to increase the price 25% without doing much else.
Nah, the price was in line with another near-by grocery store for their normal chicken. But at least now we know where NOT to buy our chicken legs with attached thighs anymore.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
It's one thing to provide halal options. It's quite another to remove items that the muzzies consider to be "haram" so as not to offend their delicate little psyches.

'Round here I don't recall Pork ever being on or in any part of the KFC menu, so... no change I guess?

As for the chicken itself, the cuts changed a year or two ago, or something; been cut weird since. But the closest place got taken over more by people from India and the chicken has gotten better; better fried, better battered. Still only go occasionally but when I do, it's amazing.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's one thing to provide halal options. It's quite another to remove items that the muzzies consider to be "haram" so as not to offend their delicate little psyches.
No, they're both exactly the same thing: companies choosing for themselves how they will run their businesses, and reaping the rewards or suffering the consequences.

I remember when conservatives claimed to believe in that.

Reactions: Serryah

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
'Round here I don't recall Pork ever being on or in any part of the KFC menu, so... no change I guess?

As for the chicken itself, the cuts changed a year or two ago, or something; been cut weird since. But the closest place got taken over more by people from India and the chicken has gotten better; better fried, better battered. Still only go occasionally but when I do, it's amazing.

Pull pork sandwiches was available at KFC, and some other pork items

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
No, they're both exactly the same thing: companies choosing for themselves how they will run their businesses, and reaping the rewards or suffering the consequences.

I remember when conservatives claimed to believe in that.
Great, so when I go to KFC and ask for non-halal chicken and they refuse me I'll just act like a pair of American homos and go whine "religious discrimination" to the govt about it.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Great, so when I go to KFC and ask for non-halal chicken and they refuse me I'll just act like a pair of American homos and go whine "religious discrimination" to the govt about it.
Why not just act like a Canadian conservative and whine about how hard-done-by you are.