Kids These Days.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A 23-year-old woman was asked to leave her mother’s house after calling 911 when she shut off the home’s Wi-Fi.

According to a tweet from Regina polices’ Cst. Mike Seel, the 23-year-old was asked to help out with chores and refused which prompted her mother to turn off the home's Wi-Fi connection.

The adult woman was allegedly living with her mother rent-free, according to Seel.

Seel said after the woman called 911 she was told her concern wasn't an emergency and then called Regina police's administration line.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
It's getting out of control the progressive teachers/parents did it to themselves
let's not forget 'society' as a whole and social engineers in particular

you see the direct result of not allowing corporal punishment of kids.

some really do need it.

put kids in their place when they're young

so they'll know there are consequences in life

and so you don't need to do it when they're older.

the time for discipline is in the toddler stage, and right on up to preteens for the serious transgressions.

if not, you get what we have as a society today.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
let's not forget 'society' as a whole and social engineers in particular

you see the direct result of not allowing corporal punishment of kids.

some really do need it.

put kids in their place when they're young

so they'll know there are consequences in life

and so you don't need to do it when they're older.

the time for discipline is in the toddler stage, and right on up to preteens for the serious transgressions.

if not, you get what we have as a society today.
How does this square with the fact that corporal punishment is virtually unknown, and certainly not even an issue for debate, in most Asian societies, notably China and Japan, and yet they somehow manage to produce remarkably orderly and disciplined adult populations?

The same is true of those Christian sects that practice strict non-violence, including no corporal punishment.

Is there not a risk of corporal punishment teaching kids that one has the right to rule whomever one can beat up?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
How does this square with the fact that corporal punishment is virtually unknown, and certainly not even an issue for debate, in most Asian societies, notably China and Japan, and yet they somehow manage to produce remarkably orderly and disciplined adult populations?

The same is true of those Christian sects that practice strict non-violence, including no corporal punishment.

Is there not a risk of corporal punishment teaching kids that one has the right to rule whomever one can beat up?
I understand that, and certainly there will be exceptions. I'm in no way advocating anyone beating the living crap out of their kids. Of course there should be limits.
and I probably should have pointed out that parents that cannot bear to hear their kids cry when they're not getting their way will lead to more unruly behaviour as they get older. If you can't listen to your kid cry they will run your life. And of course the time to do that is when they are toddlers. And you do it until the kid learns it's to no avail. That simple thing is in no way violent, but it may very well be that they never end up ever compelling a parent to give them a more physical 'check'.

Maybe that's one of the differences between western cultures and those you mention, Tec? That maybe they're more likely to just let the child wail?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
yeah, most times the threat alone is enough

especially if there's a whipping boy handy (ok, that ain't right)

but there is often the examples of what happens when your chums fucked around and found out.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
you big meany!

lol

no question there are some twerps that could benefit from it.

I did... I think

My parents weren't abusive by any stretch. Mom laid 2 beatings on me I probably deserved. Dad only cuffed me once. Generally, I was well behaved. Got the strap twice in the vice-principal's office. Ruler on the palm, a few hits, one time before the whole class. Worked on me and no doubt helped the rest of the class stay in check. I don't begrudge any of it, and I don't think I grew into a worse person because of it.

Without it I could have ended up an overt asshole, instead of this refined and reserved asshole you have the pleasure of communicating with.

:?P

1684101630532.png

Now they'll just give the kid whisky so they don't have to hear them cry.

Luckily my drug problem wasn't so severe!

;?)

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Best way to beat kids is semi-randomly. When you're drunk or they piss you off, even if they're not really doing anything wrong.

Don't want 'em growing up with any stupid notions that life is fair.

• Haha
Reactions: 55Mercury

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Best way to beat kids is semi-randomly. When you're drunk or they piss you off, even if they're not really doing anything wrong.

Don't want 'em growing up with any stupid notions that life is fair.
(sometimes I gotta put you on "devil's advocate". even so....)

hopefully with you they'll have the sense to tap out.

lol

so this is why discipline should be instilled in as early a stage of life as possible - so they've long forgotten about it by the time they can physically turn the tables on you. Once they know how to behave parents should be as good to their kids as possible, so they'll want to take care of you when you're old, if you've shown them through your own example of how well you looked after their grandparents.

No?

Good thing we have assisted suicide then, eh?

and so otherwise it's... spare the rod and spoil the world.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
(sometimes I gotta put you on "devil's advocate". even so....)

hopefully with you they'll have the sense to tap out.

lol

so this is why discipline should be instilled in as early a stage of life as possible - so they've long forgotten about it by the time they can physically turn the tables on you. Once they know how to behave parents should be as good to their kids as possible, so they'll want to take care of you when you're old, if you've shown them through your own example of how well you looked after their grandparents.

No?

Good thing we have assisted suicide then, eh?

and so otherwise it's... spare the rod and spoil the world.
Nah, once they get to the point where they can hit back effectively, you throw 'em out. Cut ties. You kept 'em alive and taught 'em fear. Time for them to fuck off and give you some peace.

Reactions: 55Mercury

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Nah, once they get to the point where they can hit back effectively, you throw 'em out. Cut ties. You kept 'em alive and taught 'em fear. Time for them to fuck off and give you some peace.
Best thing my mom ever did for me was boot me out when I was 17.

Of course I punished her by never letting her know if I was dead or alive for well over a year.

One thing it makes no sense to do (and she didn't) is file a missing person report on someone you kicked out.

;?)