Davos WEF Smack Down 2023

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Good idea , let’s set up the whole world to run like the EU. That should work .
I really think it would. We'd have so many problems it would all just be a blur and no one problem would ever bug you.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So. . . what's the proposal? Pass a law making it a crime to disagree with right-wing positions?
I just thought I was a Great Speech. Common sense and delivered very casually with the guy leaning on the podium, yet very direct into the point yet conversational. I thought it was extremely well done without double speak….& I’m juxtaposing that against what I expect to come out of Davos this week.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Who needs a law , just sic the FBI and IRS on them . That’s what the dems do .
Well that's not how we act here in Canada mister. Here we're civilized! Here we DO respect the law. We invoke the Emergency act and strip them of their rights FIRST - what are you, some sort of savage?!?!

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Up to 5,000 troops have been seconded to guard the illustrious hive of busybody billionaires (roughly two soldiers for every one pretentious plutocrat). Barbed wire around the town, snipers on rooftops, huge armoured vehicles, wickedly-armed and black-helmeted SWAT-type police outside the best hotels and upscale restaurants (the latter offering GG Mary Simon level of cuisine — amuse your bouche) fighter jets overhead, 24 -hour air police — this year’s WEF is more heavily guarded than Joe Biden’s Corvette, or Jeffery Epstein’s still-unproduced client list.

Re-ordering the world and reaching down to the peasants, even in famously neutral Switzerland, must be a very dangerous occupation, or, I suppose, all the high-brows and vastly deep pockets gathered there have such a deep appreciation of their own importance that they — more or less — feel they must travel with their own armed forces.

Davos and the WEF really is just a very upper-class version of the equally squalid monster conference of the IPCC, the annual COP convention of green druids, who, like their Davos counterparts gather, to plot a new-world-order, and from great vast altitudes of righteousness and moral egotism come down from the mountain tops with their iPad tablets inscribed with a prescription for all the rest (the sane part) of the world.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Do you? Who are they to you?
I do. To me they're a bunch of "industry leaders," economics and business academics, and government and NGO officials talking about "desired directions."

Then they'll go back home and do whatever their own interests dictate.

Either politicians, corporate execs, and big-time academics are in the game for all they can get, or they're executing the EEE-vil master plan of the Overlords. Can't be both.

The WEF states that it's overarching philosophy is to ensure the continuation and dominance of stakeholder capitalism. Do you find that idea disagreeable?

Consider they're people who've done pretty well out of stakeholder capitalism, that's not exactly a big surprise. To me, anyhow.