Migrant Caravan

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Who said they were? Oh and how's that hurricane research coming?
You are a real piece of work , thinking you know everything but continue to show nothing , now run along and drink some koolaid . Try the grape .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
You are a real piece of work , thinking you know everything but continue to show nothing , now run along and drink some koolaid . Try the grape .
And still hugging that mirror :) Sorry kid. Next time actually know something, you'll look a little less stupid. Did you find that hurricane?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This might not be whatever you’re all talking about but:
The Pineapple Express gone haywire from el Nino.The PE (renamed to an atmospheric river) consistently hits Hiida Gwaii like a giant fire hose. With a persistent la Nina the Pacfic is lacking the energy to carry those rains northward In autum. Come late the Sierras in California which brings us our massive March snow dumps here in SK.
Ahh - my bad then, i mistook your meaning. But in fairness i wasn't refering to the flood when discussing damages. However - while i'm sure there's quite a bit of truth in the 'failed infrastructure' critique it doesn't change the volume of the storm, the scale of it across the province, or the like. Which in isolation isn't all that much, as i've said many times a single event can be an outlier easy enough. However, add to it the heat dome earlier that year, add to it the very unusual freezing conditions which followed it including ice rain the likes of which haven't really been seen, the extreme temp swings, then the fall drought the next year and the very unusual freeze and warming we just had (with more ice rain) and suddenly it's not just a single incident, but a long string of very extreme events some of which are unique and haven't been issues before on a large scale, and that DOES point to an unusual weather pattern. As the saying goes, roll double 6 once and it's luck, roll it 6 times and the dice are loaded :)
Son I enjoy bursting you bubble. It wasnt one storm. It was two. The first one was in October which came as early heavy snow that nailed the Cascades really hard especially Mt Baker. 4 weeks later the PE hit the south coast and Cascades melting the excessive early snow overwhelming the river systems and aged dikes.

Last edited:

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Son I enjoy bursting you bubble. It wasnt one storm. It was two.
ROFLMAO - well you should learn to do a better job. :) i never said it was only one factor. What i said is that infrastructure doesn't change the storm. :) Heck i didn't even mention the flooding or how many factors caused it. Swing and a miss :) But yes i'm sure there were probably many factors in the floods, how dry the ground was or not, previous rainfalls, the snow, infrastructure issues in some places, logging in some places as i recall, etc. But - none of that would affect the storm itself that dumped the water that precipitated the flood. so whatever volume or intensity they are is what the are regardless of any other factor.

The PE (renamed to an atmospheric river)
Well actually not all "atmospheric rivers' that we experience are pineapple expresses. And actually the term atmospheric river predates "pineapple express" in the meteorological world. But - setting that aside, i have to admit i've noticed this weird tendancy for the media to rename weather every now and again. "Arctic outflow" becomes 'polar vortex' becomes a 'bomb cyclone' in the media. I guess they feel the need to switch it up every now and then to try to get people excited about the weather and tune in constantly for updates. So we go from fall rainstorm to pineapple express to atmospheric river (which i personally think is a stupid name) and i'm sure next year it'll be a 'sky geyser' or some damn thing :)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And still hugging that mirror :) Sorry kid. Next time actually know something, you'll look a little less stupid. Did you find that hurricane?
Can never admit when you are wrong . How about this one , Stanley Park 10 or 15 years ago got hit by a

Reactions: petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
An abnormal wind storm , at the time being caused by global climate change , this phenomenon has yet to repeat . Was that real or was that memoRex ?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Can never admit when you are wrong . How about this one , Stanley Park 10 or 15 years ago got hit by a
God man - how are you this stupid'? I've said this a million times, a single event does not make any difference. Now - what if we got one of those storms every week? We would then likely say "Gosh - this is not normal, this is different than what we are used to seeing, we've never had this many storms of this intensity in this time frame ever - this is new.

Anyone capable of getting their pants on in the morning should be able to grasp that. You just keep repeating the same stupidity again and again - the fact that there was one unusual storm in the past doesn't make any difference. And that one wasn't even partiuclarly unusual, it just hit in such a way that it did more damage than usual to the park.

Like - honestly are you really this stupid or are you just messing with me at this point?

Oh - and did you find your hurricane yet? You keep avoiding the answer, Mr 'you never admit when you're wrong' :)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
If that wasn't you, then who was it?
Do you see somewhere in there where i said there's no other factors? In fact - i note that in isolation it doesn't mean that much on it's own

Is that the problem? YOu don' t know what isolation means? Did i use a word that was too big for you again?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Do you see somewhere in there where i said there's no other factors? In fact - i note that in isolation it doesn't mean that much on it's own

Is that the problem? YOu don' t know what isolation means? Did i use a word that was too big for you again?
Yet you are suggesting a one off , heat wave , snow storm or rain storm equate to changing climate . Get off your high horse .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Fuck off with factors. It was 2 storms not one. Without the snow it wouldn't have happened

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Yet you are suggesting a one off , heat wave , snow storm or rain storm equate to changing climate . Get off your high horse .
No, that's pretty much the opposite of what i said. Sorry, you're just too stupid for this particular conversation. i'll let you go back to your lego.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Yes , he sure loves the personal insults . Only he is smart enough to understand . What a wanker .
"I just call them like i see them" :) And pretty much everyone understands other than you two twinkies :) This isn't complicated. It doesn't require anything more than very average intelligence to understand. The average person gets this no problem.

But hey - sounds like you and Petros need a little time alone so i'll leave it there,

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
"I just call them like i see them" :) And pretty much everyone understands other than you two twinkies :) This isn't complicated. It doesn't require anything more than very average intelligence to understand. The average person gets this no problem.

But hey - sounds like you and Petros need a little time alone so i'll leave it there,
You are still a wanker . I will take my 70 years of personal observation over your drawn out conclusions any day . Everything we have seen in recent years has happened before and will happen again .

Reactions: petros

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Yes but the river is being dredged more extensively since and with the addition of wing dams trains the river to discharge faster . We will need a much larger flood to swamp Chilliwack .
But the problem carried downstream and Abbotsford got it bad, mostly because of no dike maintenance. And I think a control system that was designed for average runoff, not maximum. I know a few places on the coast where buildings flood regularly because they were not built above maximum projected tides and river flow. Pt Hardy flats comes to mind. I think you know the area where Auto MarineElectric used to be. Several times the wall plugs were submerged.