Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Russia’s two most senior lawmakers on Sunday addressed a string of complaints about Russia’s mobilisation drive, ordering regional officials to get a handle on the situation and swiftly solve the “excesses” that have stoked public anger.

Valentina Matviyenko, the chairwoman of Russia’s upper house, the Federation Council, who is expected to fall down several consecutive flights of stairs in the coming days, said she was aware of reports of men who should be ineligible for the draft being called up.

“Such excesses are absolutely unacceptable and I consider it absolutely right that they are triggering a sharp reaction in society,” she said in a post on the Telegram messaging app.

In a direct message to Russia’s regional governors – who she said had “full responsibility” for implementing the call-up – she wrote: “Ensure the implementation of partial mobilisation is carried out in full and absolute compliance with the outlined criteria. Without a single mistake.”

Vyacheslav Volodin, speaker of the State Duma, Russia’s lower chamber, who’s heart attack isn’t scheduled until Wednesday, also expressed concern in a separate post.

“Complaints are being received,” he said. “If a mistake is made, it is necessary to correct it… Authorities at every level should understand their responsibilities.”

Russia’s first public mobilisation since World War II – needed to shore up its faltering Ukraine war – has triggered a rush for the border with hundreds of arrests and widespread unease among the population.

The move has also attracted criticism from the Kremlin’s own supporters, something almost unheard of in Russia since the invasion began.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So i guess putin's plan is to flood his remaining areas with troops and wait for the bad weather to end the fighting and then try to negotiate to keep as much as possible?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They weren't the real army. Its been Wagner mercenaries and contract conscripts.

To send the real RU army he has to declare war. Thats coming soon after the 300,000 are buried.

Last edited:

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
They weren't the real army. Its been Wagner mercenaries and contract conscripts.

To send the real RU army he has to declare war. Thats coming soon after the 300,000 are buried.
Virtually none of that is true. BUt sure - whatever! There are no real russian soldiers in the ukraine :)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Oh that's right, you're as delusional as a guy who thinks he's really a girl. I forgot.

Sure thing bud! No russian troops in the ukraine! For sure! It's all convicts and mercs, y'know, flying their planes and choppers and driving their tanks and such. All 200 thousand of them!

Sigh.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, SEPTEMBER 18​

Sep 18, 2022 - Press ISW

Download the PDF

Kateryna Stepanenko, Grace Mappes, and Frederick W. Kagan
September 18, 9:35 pm ET
Click here to see ISW’s interactive map of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. This map is updated daily alongside the static maps present in this report.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is increasingly relying on irregular volunteer and proxy forces rather than conventional units and formations of the Russian Federation Armed Forces.
ISW has previously reported that Putin has been bypassing the Russian higher military command and Ministry of Defense leadership throughout the summer and especially following the defeat around Kharkiv Oblast.[1] Putin’s souring relationship with the military command and the Russian (MoD) may explain in part the Kremlin’s increasing focus on recruiting ill-prepared volunteers into ad-hoc irregular units rather than attempting to draw them into reserve or replacement pools for regular Russian combat units.

Sigh

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, SEPTEMBER 18​

Sep 18, 2022 - Press ISW

Download the PDF

Kateryna Stepanenko, Grace Mappes, and Frederick W. Kagan
September 18, 9:35 pm ET
Click here to see ISW’s interactive map of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. This map is updated daily alongside the static maps present in this report.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is increasingly relying on irregular volunteer and proxy forces rather than conventional units and formations of the Russian Federation Armed Forces.
ISW has previously reported that Putin has been bypassing the Russian higher military command and Ministry of Defense leadership throughout the summer and especially following the defeat around Kharkiv Oblast.[1] Putin’s souring relationship with the military command and the Russian (MoD) may explain in part the Kremlin’s increasing focus on recruiting ill-prepared volunteers into ad-hoc irregular units rather than attempting to draw them into reserve or replacement pools for regular Russian combat units.

Sigh
It literally says they've been using regular russian troops but they're "increasingly" relying on irregulars after the defeat at karkiv.

But hey - you ban anyone who disagrees with you so - what the heck Sure - no russian soldiers in ukraine

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Look buddy, its fucking illegal under Russian law for Putin to use the real army without a declaration of war. PERIOD!

In a day or two the Duma will declare Donetsk, Luhansk and Zaporizia as Russian territory. Then and only then can Putin mobilze the RU army.

Any questions or am I punting you for good?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Look buddy, its fucking illegal for Putin to use the real army without a declaration of war. PERIOD!

In a day or two the Duma will declare Donetsk, Luhansk and Zaporizia as Russian territory. Then and only then can Putin mobilze the RU army.

Any questions or am I punting you for good?
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It's a war. Truth is the first casualty. Are you two really gonna get into a dick swinging match over propaganda?

I gotta ask you though Petros, is it illegal for Putin to use the regular army without officially declaring war by Russian law or international law? Although either way it appears Putin has no respect for either.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I gotta ask you though Petros, is it illegal for Putin to use the regular army without officially declaring war by Russian law or international law? Although either way it appears Putin has no respect for either.
Russian law. Its illegal to send troops outside of Russian Fed without a declaration of war. This is why its all contract volunteers and Wagner. Have you not heard all the hubbub about mobilization? Mobilization comes after the declaration of war. Reservists arent regular army either so hence the "partial mobilization".

Post in thread 'Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis' https://forums.canadiancontent.net/threads/omnibus-russia-ukraine-crisis.172160/post-2975086

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It's a war. Truth is the first casualty. Are you two really gonna get into a dick swinging match over propaganda?

I'm not. Everyone knows that the russian military with it's regular soldiers invaded Ukraine. Russian military pilots flew the planes, russian soldiers drove the tanks, Here's the order of battle:

it's not even a debate. And if you disagree with him he tends to ban you so i'll just leave it there and he can claim no russian soldiers entered ukraine to his heart's content. I have no idea why he thinks Putin would invade another country but be worried about 'illegally' using russian troops or why it would be illegal.

But it does bring us back to the interesting question, considering his regular forces were trashed what's putin hoping to do with reservists? Just dump as many as he can before winter into the region and hope they can hold while he tries to negotiate for the regions that "voted' to leave? I don't see Ukraine going for that personally and if the regular army couldn't stop them i doubt reservists will. And this has to be trashing their economy hard.

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'm not. Everyone knows that the russian military with it's regular soldiers invaded Ukraine. Russian military pilots flew the planes, russian soldiers drove the tanks, Here's the order of battle:

it's not even a debate. And if you disagree with him he tends to ban you so i'll just leave it there and he can claim no russian soldiers entered ukraine to his heart's content. I have no idea why he thinks Putin would invade another country but be worried about 'illegally' using russian troops or why it would be illegal.
I know you're basing your argument in part based on the airforce and armour. You do realize that the US National Guard are also reservists and yet are quite capable of flying modern combat aircraft and operating MBTs, right?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I mean, Look at this account of the defeat of the main russian army forces recently.

That's their main guys. So as i understand it the reservists are guys who had one year of training a number of years ago on average, don't want to be there, don't have the skills and they're going to go up against veteran and experienced Ukrainians who just smashed their regular forces?

I know putin is a bit of a sociopath but even he has to realize that they'll do worse, not better than his regular army did. And they won't be getting top of the line equipment either.

Seriously when does this end for him? I doubt his generals are going to let him actually start popping nukes.