Three people hurt after fireworks set off at Dua Lipa's Toronto show

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Author of the article:Kevin Connor
Publishing date:Jul 28, 2022 • 2 days ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

Toronto police are investigating after fireworks were set of inside the Scotiabank Arena during a Dua Lipa concert Wednesday evening.

The fireworks were set off before midnight in the packed arena.

“At 11:42 p.m. police responded to reports that someone threw a firework at the end of a concert at the Scotiabank arena. Three people had minor injuries and were seen by internal EMS medics that were working at the concert. None of them were required to be seen by an ambulance,” said Const. Laura Brabant.

“There was no damage caused to the property. There is no suspect information at this time. Investigators are working with security at the arena to view video surveillance. This remains an active investigation, anyone with information is encouraged to contact police.”

The suspect could face mischief and endangering life charges.

Dua Lipa Today tweeted about the incident.

“Fireworks were apparently smuggled into Dua Lipa’s tour show in Toronto last night and was set off at the roof and the audience. Luckily, no injuries were reported,” Dua Lipa wrote.

Shayla tweeted, “Ain’t no way that those fireworks were supposed to go off INDOORS at the Dua Lipa Toronto concert. I was scared if if you couldn’t tell.”

One witness said the fireworks sounded like gun shots.

Kaylepew tweeted she didn’t realized the fireworks were unplanned.

Video posted shows Lipa looking shocked when the fireworks went off.

“I was front row and by far was the most aggressive Chaotic floor crowd I’ve ever seen, everyone was so rude and aggressive. You could see on Dua’s face that was 100% not planned she looked concerned,” Jsblunt tweeted.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which operates the arena, hasn’t commented on the incident.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Author of the article:Kevin Connor
Publishing date:Jul 28, 2022 • 2 days ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

Toronto police are investigating after fireworks were set of inside the Scotiabank Arena during a Dua Lipa concert Wednesday evening.

The fireworks were set off before midnight in the packed arena.

“At 11:42 p.m. police responded to reports that someone threw a firework at the end of a concert at the Scotiabank arena. Three people had minor injuries and were seen by internal EMS medics that were working at the concert. None of them were required to be seen by an ambulance,” said Const. Laura Brabant.

“There was no damage caused to the property. There is no suspect information at this time. Investigators are working with security at the arena to view video surveillance. This remains an active investigation, anyone with information is encouraged to contact police.”

The suspect could face mischief and endangering life charges.

Dua Lipa Today tweeted about the incident.

“Fireworks were apparently smuggled into Dua Lipa’s tour show in Toronto last night and was set off at the roof and the audience. Luckily, no injuries were reported,” Dua Lipa wrote.

Shayla tweeted, “Ain’t no way that those fireworks were supposed to go off INDOORS at the Dua Lipa Toronto concert. I was scared if if you couldn’t tell.”

One witness said the fireworks sounded like gun shots.

Kaylepew tweeted she didn’t realized the fireworks were unplanned.

Video posted shows Lipa looking shocked when the fireworks went off.

“I was front row and by far was the most aggressive Chaotic floor crowd I’ve ever seen, everyone was so rude and aggressive. You could see on Dua’s face that was 100% not planned she looked concerned,” Jsblunt tweeted.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which operates the arena, hasn’t commented on the incident.

my sisters tried to get dua scotiabank tickets but had no luck. :( perhaps thats a good thing. 💡 oh well theres always youtube. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: taxslave

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Cops seek suspect after fireworks set off in crowd at Dua Lipa Toronto show
Author of the article:Jane Stevenson
Publishing date:Aug 01, 2022 • 18 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Police are seeking Nam Ton, 29, Toronto, to face a charge of mischief — endangering life.
Police are seeking Nam Ton, 29, Toronto, to face a charge of mischief — endangering life.
Toronto Police are looking for a 29-year-old man whose wanted for allegedly setting off fireworks in the crowd of last Wednesday’s Dua Lipa concert at Scotiabank Arena.

Nam Ton is wanted for mischief and endanger life.

Police said officers seized explosives when they executed a search warrant on a home Saturday in the Jane St. -Weston Rd. area.

Officers responded to the Lipa show around 11:45 p.m. after a man attending the concert set off a number of uncontrolled fireworks in the crowd towards the end of the concert, leaving three people with minor injuries.

Ton is described as 5-foot-6, with an average build and collar length dark hair. He may be driving a white Honda CRV, licence CTYV 147.