Judge Denies Bail for Convoy Leader over Intention to Cause Harm

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Saw this on FB....and since they only allow truth, it must be......

No matter what you think of the truck convoy, these comments from former Ft. MacMurray MP Brian Jean are worth thinking about.
----
“You may disagree with the convoy. You may rightly recognize that some of the people involved in the convoy are distasteful or worse.
You may not like Tamara Lich. She may actually be guilty of counselling mischief -- but that hasn’t been proven in court.
But you should still be worried that Tamara Lich isn’t being treated fairly by the courts. And you have to ask why?
When in Canadian history has anyone been kept in jail indefinitely before a trial for mischief? And in this case, she has only been charged with counselling mischief not actually doing any mischief herself.
I did some criminal defense law for many years. I have seen some very nasty, very dangerous people released on bail for serious violent offenses. I can’t remember seeing a normal person with no criminal background kept in jail pending trial on what are obviously minor charges.
Tamara doesn’t own a rig. She doesn't have an air horn to honk. She got a lift to Ottawa with an actual trucker. She seemed eager to get there to express the frustrations that many Albertans share.
At the beginning of the trip, Lich started a GoFundMe campaign for the convoy. It went "viral" and it captured the imagination and the donations of more Canadians than donate to any political party in any year.
As near as I can tell, that's Lich’s real crime. She is in jail because she became the viral financial symbol of the anger of millions of Canadians.
I don’t know Tamara Lich. But I do know a few trusted Albertans who have known her for years. They all say she is pretty much a normal Albertan. Five foot one. Metis. Motherly worry-about-other-people, salt of the earth type. They say she has strong political passions but not much actual political experience or political sophistication.
I have listened to interviews with accountants or lawyers who tried to help some of the normal people involved in the “tiger-by-the-tail” that was the convoy. They make it clear that Lich was working hard to follow the rules on dealing with the money.
By the way, almost none of those millions raised ever got to the truckers, the banks and the government stopped them. All that money is still frozen by a court order. Held for the possible benefit of the people and the lawyers doing a class action suit against the truckers. Lich can’t return the money to donors. She can’t even use it to defend herself.
How Tamara Lich is being treated is not normal under Canadian law.
Every Canadian should be worried. Worried that someone with no criminal history, who isn’t a flight risk, is being kept in jail for minor charges in a non-violent crime, for what appear to be political reasons.
Every Canadian who cares deeply about any political issue should be worried.
Every Canadian who might someday have that one protest idea that unexpectedly “goes viral,” should be deeply concerned about this very bad precedent.”
Come now she has already been convicted of the crime of embarrassing our government and it’s leader Trudeau . The crime of the century .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Also blown away this week was the Liberals’ insistence that the Freedom Convoy was being financed by well-funded foreign and domestic organizations, many with white supremist connections.

Two weeks ago, Barry MacKillop, deputy director of the federal government anti-terror funding and money-laundering unit told the same committee his investigators could find no evidence that convoy donors were intent on overthrowing the government.

And this week, executives from crowdfunding sites, GoFundMe and GiveSendGo, told the committee the same thing.

Donors were nearly 90% Canadian. They mostly gave small amounts. And there was no evidence that, say, neo-Nazis were underwriting the protests.

There never was a legitimate reason to invoke the Emergencies Act. It was entirely an overreaction.

So with their initial arguments crumbling day by day, Mendicino doubled down with the outrageous claim that there were so many potential rapists in the truckers’ midst that the government had no choice but to impose the Emergencies Act. More at the LINK…
Yes but he couldn’t explain why no notice of danger or protection was given to Parlimentarians crossing the protest zone on the way to work .

Reactions: taxslave

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Also blown away this week was the Liberals’ insistence that the Freedom Convoy was being financed by well-funded foreign and domestic organizations, many with white supremist connections.

Two weeks ago, Barry MacKillop, deputy director of the federal government anti-terror funding and money-laundering unit told the same committee his investigators could find no evidence that convoy donors were intent on overthrowing the government.

And this week, executives from crowdfunding sites, GoFundMe and GiveSendGo, told the committee the same thing.

Donors were nearly 90% Canadian. They mostly gave small amounts. And there was no evidence that, say, neo-Nazis were underwriting the protests.

There never was a legitimate reason to invoke the Emergencies Act. It was entirely an overreaction.

So with their initial arguments crumbling day by day, Mendicino doubled down with the outrageous claim that there were so many potential rapists in the truckers’ midst that the government had no choice but to impose the Emergencies Act. More at the LINK…

and it will all mean nothing if pretty boys' core supporters ignore it all and still vote Liberal. This is a prime example of why the NDP should distance themselves from the Libs and drop their support. I'm not understanding why the terrorist supporter and his party have not done this. What the hell does trudeau have over singh?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Thats 106 western mp's in Ottawa as of right now. That will be going up to 111 seats around April 2024. If you look at the population percentages, seats are fairly evenly distributed across the country except for nfld, pei, and the territories. Or are you one of those that thinks western votes should be worth more than eastern votes?
Votes need to be based on area or number of communities represented by an MP or MLA. Population percentages are irrelevant. That is why the west gets screwed by eastern liberals. The same way Northern communities get screwed provincially by the large population centers. ANything else just plays in to your lefty friends hands.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Votes need to be based on area or number of communities represented by an MP or MLA. Population percentages are irrelevant. That is why the west gets screwed by eastern liberals. The same way Northern communities get screwed provincially by the large population centers. ANything else just plays in to your lefty friends hands.

ahhhhh.... so some voters votes are worth more than others. I see. So why exactly should your vote be worth more than someone's vote in Sudbury?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
ahhhhh.... so some voters votes are worth more than others. I see. So why exactly should your vote be worth more than someone's vote in Sudbury?
Because the Men of Westernesse are heroes all!

Give 'em extra votes and they'll just vote to secede anyhow, so why bother?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The (cough) ‘judge’ who denied Tamara Lich bail, Julie Bourgeois, is a failed Liberal candidate and donor. Not surprising. SHE is the one who should be charged and denied bail.

View attachment 12536

and one has what to do with the other? Walker has been released by the parole board, not by a judge and definitely not the judge that denied Lich and King bail. If there ever was a straw man argument, this is it.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
and one has what to do with the other? Walker has been released by the parole board, not by a judge and definitely not the judge that denied Lich and King bail. If there ever was a straw man argument, this is it.
Still, there's a certain Schadenfreude in watching the retards sit in the corner and mutter darkly. . .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
No leg irons are not standard , it was all theatre .And the only reason they were denied bail was embarrassing Trudeau and his Liberal caucus .
Crown prosecutors want Ottawa protest organizer Tamara Lich sent back to jail to await trial, claiming she breached her bail conditions by agreeing to participate in an event next month where she will receive a “Freedom Award.”

In an application filed in advance of Lich’s bail review hearing, the Crown claims she violated the court-imposed condition that she not express support for anything related to the Freedom Convoy movement she led in Ottawa earlier this year.

At a gala organized by the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) scheduled for June 16, Lich will be given the “George Jonas Freedom Award” to recognize her participation in the protest that gridlocked Ottawa’s downtown for more than three weeks.

Lich was arrested in Ottawa in February after the federal government invoked the Emergencies Act. She was charged with multiple offences related to the protest, including mischief and obstructing a peace officer Her initial bail request was denied but that decision was reversed after a bail review.

After spending 18 days in jail, she was released on March 7th under conditions that require her to reside in Alberta and not travel to Ontario except for court appearance or to meet with counsel.

The bail conditions also require Lich “not to verbally, in writing, financially, or by any other means, support anything related to the Freedom Convoy.”

The Toronto gala will feature a keynote speech by columnist Rex Murphy, with VIP tickets selling for $500. Two other galas are scheduled for Calgary and Vancouver this summer.

Promotional material for the events says Lich “inspired Canadians to exercise their Charter rights and freedoms by participating actively in the democratic process,” calling the occupation of Ottawa a “peaceful protest” that awakened many to the “injustice” of COVID lockdowns and vaccine mandates.

Unless her bail conditions are revised, Lich would not be able to attend the events in person.

I am no fan of the trucker protest, & personally I think it should’ve ended the first weekend when they made their point once Trudeau went into hiding instead of agreeing to discuss anything with Canadians. Done deal, and it shouldn’t of dragged out after that but…. I know when something stinks. Did this Tamara Lich say she was going to attend this award ceremony in person??? I can’t find where she did or didn’t say that myself….

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
She is one stupid bitch that one.
Yes she is so stupid at least 40% of Canadians agree with her ,consideraby more than voted for the boy blunder . The funny thing is half of them are NDP supporters and Jagmeet shit all over them . How about you ?