Trucker protest at U.S. border crossing reportedly several kilometres long

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, I was coming back from the range today, and sure enough, I ran by some Twucktards driving down I-270. There were a couple dozen of them in a convoy that stretched for tens of metres. Along the highway, the bridges and overpasses were jammed with short buses full of the pastiest, doughiest people y'all ever saw, sometimes numbering in TWO digits, all out to give the "truckers" the clap, and to unite in showing their hatred of democracy and free-market capitalism, their devotion to Putin and Communist control of resources and prices, and to make substantial donations to the Chinese Communist Party. But most importantly, they were protesting history, like the 1918 Spanish flu and the 2019 Covid, public-health measures from both of which have ended. Looked like most of 'em blame President Biden for the state mandates that don't exist. Cuz he's the Governor of Maryland, y'know.

It was a Real American moment!

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
What's the difference between the good signs hanging on Terry Fox and the bad ones?

Well, for one what's a "Good sign"?

While I don't agree with the people from that clip giving the finger and whatnot, the signs that were put up by the truckers were not in line with Terry's foundation or the beliefs of his family.

And then there was the upside down flag on the hockey stick which was absolutely not necessary to be put there, nor is Canada in 'distress' that it needed the symbolism.

Meanwhile, the signs on the clip was information about a woman's mother who has cancer, having the cancer go to her lungs. And when asked about why the traitors, she expressed her opinion about the truckers being traitors (which I'm iffy about calling them that but it's her sign so...), though she does have a point about how they wanted to 'overthrow' a Government just because they were whiney bitches.

FYI though, I don't think that the signs put in that clip should'a been there either. The statue shouldn't be turned into a symbol of protest for either side. But the truckers decided to start this so... guess we just have to suck it up now, don't we?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

While I don't agree with the people from that clip giving the finger and whatnot, the signs that were put up by the truckers were not in line with Terry's foundation or the beliefs of his family.

And then there was the upside down flag on the hockey stick which was absolutely not necessary to be put there, nor is Canada in 'distress' that it needed the symbolism.

Meanwhile, the signs on the clip was information about a woman's mother who has cancer, having the cancer go to her lungs. And when asked about why the traitors, she expressed her opinion about the truckers being traitors (which I'm iffy about calling them that but it's her sign so...), though she does have a point about how they wanted to 'overthrow' a Government just because they were whiney bitches.

FYI though, I don't think that the signs put in that clip should'a been there either. The statue shouldn't be turned into a symbol of protest for either side. But the truckers decided to start this so... guess we just have to suck it up now, don't we?
And the other 2 signs said what? So the #go home traitors, life before liberty and Terry Fox was GRHTY (whatever that means) is the good signs then? Gotcha

Last edited:
Reactions: B00Mer

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And the other 2 signs said what?

TBH, didn't notice the other signs. Looked back, saw one, the life before liberty one...

So the #go home traitors

Read my post. I said I don't agree with calling them traitors per say but that's this woman's opinion.

, life before liberty

Well, that is true, can't have liberty without first having life.

and Terry Fox was GRHTY (whatever that means) is the good signs then?

I don't know what it means either so... I can't say?

Nah, you don't, as usual.

Cool meme... :|

Now, read the last part of my post.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Terry Fox ran half way across Canada with the Maple Leaf on his back . I am pretty sure he would not object to a flag draped on his statue .

Reactions: petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Pretzels .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The biggest reason to implement the Emergency act has just been debunked

No evidence of terrorist activity during convoy protests: RCMP financial crime director​

By
Cosmin Dzsurdzsa
-
March 17, 2022

From the article

The Trudeau government has repeatedly claimed that the convoy was foreign-funded and involved terrorist financing. Those claims were in part used to justify the use of the Emergencies Act, which allowed banking institutions to freeze assets of protesters and donors by applying terrorism and money laundering rules.

“We have seen strong evidence that it was the intention of those who blockaded our ports-of-entry in a largely foreign-funded, targeted and coordinated attack,” Emergency Preparedness Minister Bill Blair told the House of Commons on Feb. 19.

However, since police moved in to quash the peaceful protests on Feb. 18, various sources have poked holes in the Trudeau government’s narratives about the protests.