Oh Baby! Cinni is Going to the Superbowl!

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Recap:

So it was a very good game until the Refs took over in the last few minutes...called a bunch of chintzy penalties and decided the game.

Half time show was just 'okay' in my books. I don't really understand Rap or Hip Hop music but I know that it's loved by millions. I still like the hair farmer bands from the 80's so who am I to judge?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Recap:

So it was a very good game until the Refs took over in the last few minutes...called a bunch of chintzy penalties and decided the game.

Half time show was just 'okay' in my books. I don't really understand Rap or Hip Hop music but I know that it's loved by millions. I still like the hair farmer bands from the 80's so who am I to judge?
You missed (as did the refs) the pass interference/face mask done by the cincy receiver against the Rams DB when they scored their go-ahead TD in the 3rd quarter. That whole play should have been dead with a 10 or 15 yard penalty awarded from the previous line of scrimmage. As to the last drive, perhaps the Begals should have played clean defense and avoided the penalties?

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
You missed (as did the refs) the pass interference/face mask done by the cincy receiver against the Rams DB when they scored their go-ahead TD in the 3rd quarter. That whole play should have been dead with a 10 or 15 yard penalty awarded from the previous line of scrimmage. As to the last drive, perhaps the Begals should have played clean defense and avoided the penalties?
And the game was affected how?? LA won.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"He can't throw the ball AND catch the fucking ball!"
--Gisele Bundchen, criticizing Tom Brady's receivers on the Patriots

Why not? Flacco did.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Players in sport look for consistency from the Refs throughout a game.

They called nothing all game. Fine. That's the way they were playing it. But to end the game with a slew of marginal penalties against one team over the other...well...I just found it to be unfair.

The players make the gazillions and the Refs who make a 100k each maybe?...decided the game's outcome.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Players in sport look for consistency from the Refs throughout a game.

They called nothing all game. Fine. That's the way they were playing it. But to end the game with a slew of marginal penalties against one team over the other...well...I just found it to be unfair.

The players make the gazillions and the Refs who make a 100k each maybe?...decided the game's outcome.
And all the folks at home with the box attached to their faces who make the whole thing possible mostly don't make anywhere near that much. What's your point?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
My point?

The players are paid the big bucks to decide the games...not the Refs.
The refs didn't decide it. When you commit a foul you have 2 possible outcomes, the ref sees it or the ref doesn't. If they see it they call it. If you don't want to get a penalty, don't commit a foul.

In my mind, 2 TDs were affected by ref decisions or indecisions. 1 for LA, 1 for the bagels. It's a wash.