Trucker protest at U.S. border crossing reportedly several kilometres long

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Just so I’m following you correctly at what you’re saying, a way for whom to save face how?

(Looking strictly at populations between the two countries, Canada is 10% or so of the American population, so we are the tail on the dog)
I am thinking that TrueDope may be looking for a way out where he can say he has addressed the issue without actually addressing the issue. A way to give in without giving in.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ah, OK, and to vaguely differentiate himself and his party from Jagmeet Singh in a small way. I understand what you’re saying now and thank you for the clarification.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
This one’s cute, from the party that pretends to represent the downtrodden & middle class:

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh today condemned a convoy of truckers and others travelling to Ottawa to protest a federal rule requiring that all cross-border drivers be vaccinated against COVID-19.

Singh said SOME of the people behind the demonstration are pushing "false information" through "inflammatory, divisive and hateful comments."

GoFundMe records show Singh's brother-in-law, Jodhveer Singh Dhaliwal, donated $13,000 to the group behind the demonstration — dubbed the "freedom convoy" by participants.

In a statement sent to CBC News, Singh said he doesn't support a campaign that harbours "extremist and dangerous views" and "unequivocally" disapproves of his brother-in-law's decision to donate.

This coming from the guy who says he drives a Prius or rides his bicycle or uses public transportation to save the environment….but never mentions what colour his current BMW Sports Coupe is, or which Rolex (either of which cost more than double what I’ve paid for any single vehicle that I’ve owned) he prefers, etc…?

An NDP source, speaking on background, said Dhaliwal didn't fully comprehend what the money would be used for? Seriously?

Then Trudeau responded today by saying the vast majority of Canadians disagree with the convoy's message? Really? He pointed out that Canadian truckers have a vaccination rate of approximately 90 per cent. How about that?

"The small fringe minority of people (and exactly whom Trudeau is referring to is anyones guess) who are on their way to Ottawa, or who are holding unacceptable views that they're expressing, do not represent the views of Canadians who have been there for each other?,” Trudeau told a news conference today.

Singh condemned Conservative politicians for backing people opposed to public health measures.

"While not surprising, it is disturbing that Conservative MPs are supporting this convoy," he said.

Is that not surprising because most of them actually went to Public Schools and can empathize with these people?

Candice Bergen, deputy leader of the Conservative Party, said Trudeau's attempt to boost vaccination rates through new mandates has "dealt our already crumbling supply chain another blow." She said the policy will exacerbate an existing trucker shortage and "drive inflation higher than it's been in over 30 years."

"Now more than ever, our economy needs to be reopened, and we need every sector working in order to recover from the pandemic. I support peaceful demonstrations against these mandates, and our truckers from Portage-Lisgar and from across Canada," Bergen said, referring to the riding she represents.

Conservative finance critic Pierre Poilievre and Garnett Genuis, a Conservative MP from Alberta, have called the federal policy a "vaccine vendetta."

In an interview with CBC News, Poilievre accused Trudeau and Singh of "insulting" truckers taking part in the convoy.

"You don't have to agree with the everything that every trucker says, but you can, for God's sakes ... thank the truckers for keeping us alive and acknowledge their legitimate frustration," he said.

The LINK above, by the way, is from the Far Right Wing Fringe of the media called the CBC.

Various business groups — including the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, the Retail Council of Canada and the Canadian Manufacturing Coalition — have expressed concerns about the trucker mandate.

In a statement Wednesday, the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) urged the federal government to drop its mandate "before supply shortages and price increases drive even more businesses to the brink."

Experts agree that while the new mandate is likely to disrupt the flow of goods, the recent pandemic wave driven by the Omicron variant, COVID-19 restrictions in China and a global shortage of shipping containers are also to blame for ongoing supply issues in the food and retail sectors, etc….
I think Jagmeet is dead meat in Surrey after today . Why are politicians so brain dead to their own base ?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Proud Boys, from what I heard.
From whom? Groper? Singh? The bought and paid for Canadian news outlets? Hey, guess what? When the lefties protest it also attracts extremist elements but you'd never know it listening to the Libshits and their acolytes.
Once again Groper and gang seek to look for scapegoats to blame for his atrociously disastrous policies. I mean it's hilarious, Our Prime Goof tried to blame Conservatives a few years back for engaging in the politics of division. But yeah, calling the unvaccinated "racists and misogynists" and categorizing the truckers protest as "White supremacists and Proud Boys" isn't the politics of division at all.

You know what other lie I keep hearing from official sources? That grocery store shelves aren't going empty. What a fucking load of bullshit. Once again, the same leftist shit piles that whine about gaslighting insist on gaslighting people who have seen and posted pics of bare grocery shelves in their towns. It's happening right here in the GTA too.
But yeah, just keep on believing what the media and the govt tell you. I mean this govt especially has been sooooo honest, open and transparent. And it's not like the news media has ever lied en masse before. Nahhhhh.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
this made me chuckle
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2022/0...apital-wont-blow-up-in-their-faces-this-time/

gee, if we can teach the murkins anything, it ought to be how to properly do an 'insurrection'.

:?P

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
….& weirder and weirder…

The Ottawa police said Wednesday that it is working with the PPS, the Ontario Provincial Police, the RCMP and other local police forces and national security agencies to gather intelligence ahead of the protests’ apex in the city.

“In conjunction with the RCMP, we will be standing up the National Capital Region command center in order for all agencies to be in direct and real-time communication. Our priority is to maintain the safety of members of our community and participants in these demonstrations,” Ferguson said.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The convoy was greeted in Saskatchewan on Monday night by supporters — Conservative members of Parliament Andrew Scheer and Warren Steinley were among them — and by more backers Tuesday morning before it left for Manitoba.

Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole warned last week that “we’re going to see prices skyrocket for groceries, for everything,” and that the Liberal government’s vaccine mandate would spark “division and pink slips.”

Trudeau said Monday that Conservative politicians were “fearmongering” about the supply chain.

“The best way to continue to prevent supply chain disruptions is to ensure that everyone gets vaccinated,” Trudeau said in French. In French you say, but not in English? Hmmm…I wonder whom his target audience was with that comment (?) and why?

He noted the Canadian Trucking Alliance backs vaccination — though the association argued persistently against the mandate in the lead-up to its implementation earlier this month.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Is there a scientific basis for the government’s order? No.

Is there a political basis for the government’s order? It’s happening, isnt it?

When pressed last week for any evidence that truckers had been bringing COVID into Canada during the past two years along with their loads of lettuce, electrical switches and car parts, a government spokesperson was at a lost to name even one case in which a trucker had infected so much as a single worker at a fast food stop along his route.

Truckers are not 18-wheeled super spreaders.

Trudeau’s vaccine mandate is pure politics. He merely wants to look as though he is taking a tough stand to protect Canadians from COVID.

Over the weekend, even Dr. Howard Njoo, Dr. Theresa Tam’s deputy chief at the Public Health Agency of Canada, recommended against mandatory vaccination.

Vaccines are vital, but it’s just not done in a free country to force people to get injections under threat of jail or hefty fines or loss of jobs.

I understand why many Canadians are beyond frustrated after two years of pandemic and support a hardline against the unvaccinated. But there is no scientific basis for Trudeau’s harsh treatment of truckers.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I'll be honest, I think the whole thing with truckers is kind'a BS.

Kind'a.

I do get though if exemptions are made for them, it'll be seconds before other 'groups' demand exemptions.

But I also think this is being used as an excuse to lash out at the Feds when the Feds aren't nearly the issue they're being made out to be.

And the whining about 'supply chains' and 'increased prices' isn't because, or just because, of the stupidity of the Feds.

It's a world wide issue.

It's a lack of actual corporate thinking issue.

It's the bosses of some of these truckers - or the people they ship for - causing the issue.

Feds are, at most, responsible for the mandates of vaccines to cross the national border and you know what, good. Again, if we exempt truckers, what's to say business people won't demand exemptions, or travellers, or other groups?

We all learned in school that sometimes if one person got in trouble, all got in trouble, or if one person had to do a thing, we all did.

Life is full of shit like that.

This is another example of it.

So these truckers aren't "Standing up For All Canadians", they're being idiots who aren't looking at the bigger picture.

Sadly the very people they say they're standing up for - small business, transportation of goods - are going to suffer because they're pulling this stunt.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'll be honest, I think the whole thing with truckers is kind'a BS.

Kind'a.

I do get though if exemptions are made for them, it'll be seconds before other 'groups' demand exemptions.

But…..

Feds are, at most, responsible for the mandates of vaccines to cross the national border and you know what, good. Again, if we exempt truckers, what's to say business people won't demand exemptions, or travellers, or other groups?
It’s been two years now or damn close to it. What other ‘groups’ have claimed that they deserve an exemption because truckers have been keeping the economy rolling during this pandemic so far?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Gerry Butts, like the Head & Shoulders guy in the television commercials, seems to be “never not working.”

The best friend and former principal secretary to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (tossed out during the SNC-Lavalin tussle with Jody Wilson-Raybould), couldn’t stay out of the truckers’ protest, so he took a run at Medicine Hat’s Tamara Lich in an attempt to cast doubt on the integrity of Convoy For Freedom 2022.

• Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
With the last name Butts?? The guy seems to be a real Ass.
In his tweets, Butts also cited a Jan. 21 piece, the murky matter of protests and the donations on trucknews.com., by blogger James Menzies.

Butts then labelled truckers terrorists. Well, they took it like an arrow to the heart, which is exactly what Butts predicted and which naturally had social media light up like Times Square on a New Year’s Eve.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

In his tweets, Butts also cited a Jan. 21 piece, the murky matter of protests and the donations on trucknews.com., by blogger James Menzies.

Butts then labelled truckers terrorists. Well, they took it like an arrow to the heart, which is exactly what Butts predicted and which naturally had social media light up like Times Square on a New Year’s Eve.

…and his twitter page?

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
By the way, Canada dropping hits cross-border vaccine mandate isn’t going to help Canadian truckers directly, but it will allow American truckers in bringing goods…. Which will help the Canadian economy…& if American truckers convince their government to do the same it will help Canadian truckers. How about that??
That is what I have been saying and it does not seem to be heard by many.
Canada dropping it's vaccination requirement is not going to do truckers any good. If they cannot get into the US because of the American mandate, they are in the same spot they are now only able to drive in Canada..
What it will do is allow lots of American truckers into Canada to deliver the goods.