What's the end game for Crimea?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
After the joint Russia-China war games is this the opening move for China on Taiwan?

Large-Scale Russian Troop Movements Along Ukraine Border Spark Alarm In US & Europe

BY TYLER DURDEN
SUNDAY, OCT 31, 2021 - 11:02 AM
There's new allegations of a Russian troop build-up along the Ukrainian border, and Western leaders are sounding the alarm over what's perhaps becoming another brewing showdown near Donbass and the Crimea region.
The Washington Post reported Saturday that "A renewed buildup of Russian troops near the Ukrainian border has raised concern among some officials in the United States and Europe who are tracking what they consider irregular movements of equipment and personnel on Russia’s western flank.".....More

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Memo to the international media: Putin has already invaded Ukraine

By Peter Dickinson

FILTER RESULTS
HIDE
Memo to the international media: Putin has already invaded Ukraine

One of the more depressing features of the latest Russian military build-up on the Ukrainian border has been the proliferation of international headlines posing numerous variations of the same seemingly straightforward question: will Putin invade Ukraine?
I very much doubt that any of these headline writers are secret Russian imperialists or in the pay of the Kremlin. Even so, the question they pose is profoundly misleading and serves to underline the deadly effectiveness of Moscow’s disinformation tactics.
In reality, of course, Russia has already invaded Ukraine.
Putin himself has openly admitted to ordering the February 2014 invasion of Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula, while the Kremlin’s increasingly absurd denials have failed to prevent his subsequent invasion of eastern Ukraine from becoming the world’s worst-kept secret. Indeed, as the global media debates whether Putin may be poised to invade Ukraine, the war he launched in 2014 continues with around 7% of the country already under Russian occupation.
Nevertheless, as the current crisis has amply demonstrated, many international news outlets are still unsure of exactly how to characterize the war in Ukraine and remain reluctant to unequivocally identity Russia as the aggressor. Instead, coverage is dominated by euphemistic language and vague terminology that prevents audiences from understanding the full extent of Russia’s responsibility for the conflict.
This is no accident. On the contrary, deception has played a central role in Putin’s war against Ukraine from the very beginning. Ever since the onset of hostilities in February 2014, Moscow has been careful to mask its aggression by using a hybrid mix of deniable forces including conventional troops without insignia, mercenaries, and local collaborators, while at the same time portraying the ensuing carnage as an exclusively internal Ukrainian affair......More

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

US has intelligence Putin will stage a 'false flag' attack on his OWN troops to set up a pretext to invade Ukraine after talks between the US and Russia collapsed​

• US officials accused Russia on Friday of planning 'false-flag' attacks to justify invasion of Ukraine
  • Agents trained in urban warfare and sabotage are preparing to hit Russian proxy forces as first step, they said
  • It would mimic the Russian playbook used in 2014 when it annexed the Crimean peninsula
  • Kiev has been on alert since Moscow moved 100,000 troops, missiles and heavy weapons close to its border
  • Meanwhile, Ukrainian websites were hacked with the message 'be afraid and expect the worst'
  • The Kremlin denied it was preparing to launch false-flag attacks, calling the reports 'unfounded'
  • And Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov said Russia had 'run out of patience' with the West
By ROB CRILLY, SENIOR U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 11:01 EST, 14 January 2022 | UPDATED: 15:39 EST, 14 January 2022

• Wow
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Ukraine should do everything it can to be come a neutral like switzerland but with russia going hard on all its borders it would probably be hard for ukraine to that.
They declared neutrality after independence when they agreed to give up their nukes we can all see how that worked out over the years

Reactions: Johnnny

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
All I know is that my grandfather is likely rolling over in his grave because his beloved Ukraine is under attack by the "Cossack's". I'm glad he's not here to see what's happening.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
All I know is that my grandfather is likely rolling over in his grave because his beloved Ukraine is under attack by the "Cossack's". I'm glad he's not here to see what's happening.
You should read some of our history the Cossacks originated in Ukraine after being defeated by Russia in a war where they sided with Sweden struck a deal with the Czar and conquered most of the Russian empire for the Czar until Catherine turned on them. The Don Cossacks were invited into Russia and given lands to help the Czar, Little Ukraine north of Mongolia is more of the migrated Cossack from Ukraine used to conquer the far East by the Czars

Why Are Cossacks Key to Understanding the Ukrainian …

2019-03-13 · Historical sources tell us that the Ukrainian Cossacks came from a variety of nationalities and social groups. Their ancestors came from Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, and Tatar

• Images of Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes

bing.com/images
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 162 x 106. Source: asiatimes.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 211 x 106. Source: www.pinterest.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 151 x 106. Source: www.pinterest.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 78 x 106. Source: www.pinterest.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 162 x 109. Source: ukraineworld.org
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 133 x 109. Source: www.pinterest.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 168 x 109. Source: www.pinterest.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 139 x 109. Source: www.pinterest.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 155 x 93. Source: www.pinterest.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 132 x 93. Source: www.youtube.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 167 x 93. Source: www.pinterest.com
    Image result for Ukrainian Cossack the Terror of the steppes. Size: 148 x 93. Source: www.rbth.com
    See all images
  • Donbas Region: How the Cossacks Tamed the Wild Steppe

2019-07-01 · Cossacks as free-fighters, Kazaks as invaders. There is a myth created by Kremlin propaganda, that states that the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions are historical lands belonging to Russian Don Cossacks (Kazaks), and not Ukraine. In reality, only a small part of these areas once belonged to the Don Kazaks. The Donetsk and Luhansk Regions consist of 36 districts in total.

• Cossacks - Wikipedia

• Overview
    • Ukrainian Cossacks
    • History
    • Etymology
    • Early history
    • Russian Cossacks
    • Culture and organization
    • Modern-day Cossack identity

The Zaporozhian Cossacks lived on the Pontic–Caspian steppe below the Dnieper Rapids (Ukrainian: za porohamy), also known as the Wild Fields. The group became well known, and its numbers increased greatly between the 15th and 17th centuries. The Zaporozhian Cossacks played an important role in European geopolitics, participating in a series of conflicts and alliances with the Polish–Lithuanian …

• I have Great Grandparents on both sides of my family that were Cossack soldiers and One of them even brought his sash and sword with him when he migrated here

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I predict that Ukraine will come to dominate all of Eurasia, and eventually the world, and the first human starship will be crewed by people with lots of Vs and Zs in their names.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Interesting posts on Ukraine. Thank you.

Unfortunately, my grandfather spoke broken English and when he was doing his "story telling", I didn't really understand a lot of what he was saying. Due to the discrimination they experienced when they were younger, my parents, (who both spoke the language) , wouldn't teach us Ukrainian because they didn't want us kids "saddled" with the same discrimination they had to deal with. That didn't make any sense to me but that's the explanation I was given so none of the 5 kids in my family are bi-lingual.

I'm still "ticked" that we weren't taught the language because now since my grandparents and parents are now deceased, we don't have the same connection to our heritage and any relatives that live in the Ukraine that we did when they were alive. My Mom could also read & write in Ukrainian so that she kept contact with relatives there. Since I can't do any - read, write or speak, I don't even know their names or where they live. Truly unfortunate and the main reason why so many rich & wonderful cultures die.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Unfortunately, my grandfather spoke broken English and when he was doing his "story telling", I didn't really understand a lot of what he was saying. Due to the discrimination they experienced when they were younger, my parents, (who both spoke the language) , wouldn't teach us Ukrainian because they didn't want us kids "saddled" with the same discrimination they had to deal with. That didn't make any sense to me but that's the explanation I was given so none of the 5 kids in my family are bi-lingual.

I'm still "ticked" that we weren't taught the language because now since my grandparents and parents are now deceased, we don't have the same connection to our heritage and any relatives that live in the Ukraine that we did when they were alive. My Mom could also read & write in Ukrainian so that she kept contact with relatives there. Since I can't do any - read, write or speak, I don't even know their names or where they live. Truly unfortunate and the main reason why so many rich & wonderful cultures die.
In 1925, Wisconsin made it a crime to teach German to children (Wisconsin has a very high ethnically-German population, and in the 1900 census, about 75% of the population of Wisconsin had been born in Germany).

They passed it off as an anti-German, patriotic thing.

Apparently somebody forgot to tell them World War One ended in 1918.

People are stupid.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

I know what your saying Dad's side was the same his grandfather said Ukraine is over there we are here and English is spoken

Mom's side not so much they spoke both English and Ukrainian fluently family get togethers on her side was all spoken in Ukrainian unless us kids got into trouble then English was spoken very loudly Lol

Last edited: