Annamie Paul wins Green Party leadership

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I imagine many Green party supporters rue the day that Paul became leader. Controversy has dogged the woman since the beginning and now it appears that she is determined to make sure that the coffers are empty and the party in total shambles before she has the sense to leave.
I think the issue is more with the quacks that make up the party than her. One issue does not a party make and the Greens are living proof of that.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I think the issue is more with the quacks that make up the party than her. One issue does not a party make and the Greens are living proof of that.
Not denying there are quacks in the party, IRBS but the woman is an autocrat and from the start of her leadership there were grumblings about her refusal to consult and share in decision making.
Never was a supporter of May but I do feel some compassion for her as she worked hard for the party and to see it come to this must be very disappointing.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Not denying there are quacks in the party, IRBS but the woman is an autocrat and from the start of her leadership there were grumblings about her refusal to consult and share in decision making.
Never was a supporter of May but I do feel some compassion for her as she worked hard for the party and to see it come to this must be very disappointing.
Do you think ANY of the other leaders are any different?

I am not a fan of hers but I don't see her problems as being just hers but more symptomatic of her party. May did have one thing that she never did -- a sense of humour and a better media presence.