Happy 9/11

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
What's going to get blown up on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11??

Now that the Taliban was given 85 billion in military aid from the USA (Biden)

we live in a poor town that could use a blowing up. ;)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
On this day.....20 years ago..... 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift. None of them saw past 10:00am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow; kiss the ones you love, snuggle those children a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted. #wewillneverforget #september11

B78F3D64-0BAB-45DB-9270-A7B012F64D31.jpeg

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I was 20 and I came home from town that afternoon (the attacks started around 2pm our time) and came into the house to see my brother surfing the web on the PC in the dining room (I didn't use the internet then and didn't really know what it was and just wasn't interested). Our parents and sister were out somewhere. I went into the living room, switched on the TV and there it was on every channel (Britain only had five TV channels back then) - planes had crashed into the World Trade Center etc. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Every channel - BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 - was showing live footage of smoke billowing from the Twin Towers. I then realised planes has flown into them. I shouted through to my brother and told him some planes had flown into the World Trade Center, expecting him to come and watch, but he didn't seem interested. He sort of just ignored me and carried on websurfing. I still don't know to this day whether or not he already knew about it after finding out online. So I just stood there in the living room watching in disbelief. Then I saw one of the towers collapse live on TV. Not long afterwards I saw, through the living room window, a car pull up on the driveway containing my parents and sister. I ran to the door and shouted: "Have you seen what's happening?!" My dad shouted: "Just let us get out of the car first!" Then I can't remember anything until that night when we were all watching a news special about it, and my mum turned to me and said something like: "When you shouted to us as we were getting out of the car we didn't realise just how serious it was!"

It's crazy to think it was 20 years ago - half my current lifespan. It only seems like a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
there was a documentary. i think it was called seeing 911. it dealt with people who allegedly saw 911 before it happened. i would have posted it but was unable to find it. :(

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
unrelated to above:
in a weird coincidence? an episode of lone gunman dealt with a similar storyline to 911. some think that it might have inspired the terrorists. :confused: :eek:

Reactions: petros