CTV: Conservatives Have Gone Green

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The stated goal is to slash emissions by at least 40 per cent compared to 2005 levels by 2030.

"I've been crystal clear why climate change is important to me, not just as a politician. I talk about climate change with my daughter Mollie, who's 15. And we need to make our emission targets as a country," O'Toole said.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
How can you tell there's an election coming? Flosstard is here.

Let's look at Canada's emissions, shall we? Canada puts out about 725Mt of Co2 EQ per year. China puts out 12,355Mt of CO2 EQ per year. To put that in perspective, China generates in about 3-3 1/2 weeks what Canada generate in a entire year.
Canada could go 100% emissions-free tomorrow and it won't make a damn bit of difference. But because it's popular and plays well to the low information voter, everyone has to play the stupid game of pretending to care about Canada's emissions.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Let's look at Canada's emissions, shall we? Canada puts out about 725Mt of Co2 EQ per year. China puts out 12,355Mt of CO2 EQ per year. To put that in perspective, China generates in about 3-3 1/2 weeks what Canada generate in a entire year.
Canada could go 100% emissions-free tomorrow and it won't make a damn bit of difference. But because it's popular and plays well to the low information voter, everyone has to play the stupid game of pretending to care about Canada's emissions.

That's the most pathetic excuse for hating on your fellow conservatives that I've ever seen.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
That's the most pathetic excuse for hating on your fellow conservatives that I've ever seen.
Ooooo look who doesn't like facts and hard reality. Poor Flosstard. Frankly, your response is the most pathetic case of denialism I've seen and one sad excuse for economically propping up your commie buddies in China at the expense of Canada. Are you a subhuman Chicom symp or something?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

That's the most pathetic excuse for hating on your fellow conservatives that I've ever seen? Seriously?

If Woke Posturing on Climate Warmy/Coolly/Changey was more than a tax grab & a race for UN approval & seats for the select after their current political positions are toast, then we'd be (Us, as Canadians) building pipelines to the Pacific as fast as possible to get Canadian Natural Gas to China as an alternative to their coal powered power plants that're popping up over there like mushrooms (a new one weekly on average I believe). Are we doing that yet? If not then why? http://context.capp.ca/articles/2018/feature_natural-gas-and-china

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I never knew that 80% of the Conservatives base are Liberal plants.

Good to know! 👍
Oh for fuck sakes you blind, half-witted moron. What the fuck do you think the purpose of Official Bilingualism was, to bring English and French Canada closer together? Fuck no, it was to make Quebec the de facto province of power in Canada. Remember Mulroney? Yep, he betrayed the ROC in the interests of Quebec. To put it bluntly, it don't matter if they are Conservative or Liberal, if they come from Quebec, the GTA or Eastern Ontario, the ROC is going to be fucked over in favour of Quebec and the Laurentian crowd.

Ya know, for a goof who whines about conservatives being selfish, you sure have a shitty "I got mine, fuck you" attitude when it comes to your country.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Looks like it's working out for the Cons since they broke up with Jinentonix.

Glad they finally listened to dem libtards.

The political landscape has changed as O’Toole’s big risk appears to be paying off

As previously noted, in the weeks preceding the election call, the Conservatives seemed to be in dire straits. Mr. O’Toole had won the leadership by appealing to the right wing of the party. But then he shifted position, proposing a climate-change plan that put a price on carbon, emphasizing support for LGBTQ rights and a woman’s right to choose, and promoting the cause of workers while critiquing big business.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
That's hilarious. You weren't listening in the first place. Why have YOU shifted? Too much getting shafted?

Easy cowboah.

Enjoy the carbon tax, spending on covid tests and that gubmint handout for the housing market.