Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Would y .ou like to put a price on a healthy future for the planet ? They’ve been pushing the science at us for decades and we wouldn’t listen, now we’re coming up on do-or-die. It’s not about the money any more.
They haven't been pushing science at you for decades. They've been pushing global government policy at you for decades.

What does IPCC stand for? Is Science in the name or is Government in the name?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
*Sigh*

Yes, yes... the Clintons with Hillary e-mailing details of her kagels from the pizza shop.

Jinn I don't care you having a hard right fit with this just edges me closer to putting you on ignore.
another one who will not be swayed to accept her obvious superiority getting cancelled, a mark of honour in my book . Soon she will find a lonely existence and either leave or do a Hoid and give everyone a special dispensation ala the Catholic Church she hates so much .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Does it matter ? You’re talking as if you still have some say in the matter. That debate is over. Burning fossil fuels for energy is bad, and the smart money is already working on how to transition away from it. BC is lucky with its abundance of hydro-electric power, and when Site C comems online we’ll be fine for the next twenty years or so. BC Hydro has been anticipating the rise in popularity of EV’s for some time now and will keep pace with how many are on the road. I expect a rise in popularity of hybrids as they will offer more convenience in long distance travel over hilly terrain. For provinces with out hydro-electric capabilities nuclear may well be an option. That could serve to re-energize our unranium industry that has largely been dormant for some years now.

The right wing pipe dream that we can re-energize Alberta’s oil & gas sector is a pipe dream to be sure, a desperate plea for votes that doesn’t have the support of the industry operators or neighbouring governments both federal and provincial. Cash handouts for an industry that can’t stand on its own will go over with voters as well as bailouts in the aircraft industry did. Finishing the TMX will offer a brief respite, freeing us of the US stranglehold on our exports, but that should be the extent of government assistance.
Yes the science is settled .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Your post ignores the fact that electrical generation is far from the only use for oil. You don't think EVs need oil? Tires are made using oil. There are still moving parts on an EV that need oil to stay lubricated. All those turbines have anywhere from 800-900 liters of oil in their nacelles.
Not to mention the myriad other uses for the stuff. The hard fact is, oil just doesn't power the global economy, it IS the global economy. No oil and a lot of shit no longer works.
Look at all the PPE that's been produced over the last year and a half. ALL of it required oil to produce. The drive to totally kill oil production is not unlike slitting one's own throat to lose weight.
Unfortunately, there are a significant number of leftards out there who think like Trudeau; unable to think beyond the immediate present without a clue as to how those actions will affect the future. Outside of their own personal "beliefs" about it that is.
We can go back to harvesting whales , I understand they have made a comeback since we stopped .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Why don't you give a counter argument a try instead of resorting to your typical caustic insults and silly political bigotry. You may actually be taken somewhat seriously instead of looking like a childish partisan moron. There's enough idiocy around already, why follow that crowd?

Or maybe you're just unable to come up with anything useful.
The latter I would think , but I am just a Pig so what would I know ?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
So that's a no from you? Why don't you quit your job? You make your current living supporting workers in Ft. Mac. in the dirty Oilsands
Why would I do that? It’s excellent money and that’s getting rare up here. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of those cap-the-wells and leave it in the ground fanatics, I’m as much to blame for this as anyone. I drive a gas burner, I fly in airplanes, I heat my house with natural gas. The difference between you and me is that I can see what’s coming and I accept that it has to be done. We have no one to blame but ourselves and when the hammer comes down I will accept my share of responsibility. I just wish that collectively, we had been a little smarter a long time ago.

• Love
Reactions: Liberal Feminist

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Why would I do that? It’s excellent money and that’s getting rare up here. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of those cap-the-wells and leave it in the ground fanatics, I’m as much to blame for this as anyone. I drive a gas burner, I fly in airplanes, I heat my house with natural gas. The difference between you and me is that I can see what’s coming and I accept that it has to be done. We have no one to blame but ourselves and when the hammer comes down I will accept my share of responsibility. I just wish that collectively, we had been a little smarter a long time ago.
We are all hooked on instant mobility and whatever comes be it electric or scoobie do has to provide that .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Blame for what? You did nothing wrong. You weren't around in the 70s when the hammer did come down? You haven't lived through and seen the changes? It's astounding how clean we've gotten.

Science

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
OK, maybe I was trying to trigger someone a little. Figure I'd try your game since you were having some trouble keeping up.
At least you're honest in that part.

But given reading your stuff here and there what I say will never matter.

You've made your choice at hearing my user name.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
They haven't been pushing science at you for decades. They've been pushing global government policy at you for decades.
That depends on which “they” you are talking about, scientists themselves or government.
Blame for what? You did nothing wrong. You weren't around in the 70s when the hammer did come down? You haven't lived through and seen the changes? It's astounding how clean we've gotten.
The 70s. When Keynesian Economic Theory was replaced with Neo-Liberalism. Some real interesting reading there. Start with Milton Friedman’s essay “The Social Responsibility of Business Is to Increase Its Profits”, a call to arms for free market capitalism published in the New York Times on September 13, 1970. The day we gave the keys to the henhouse to the foxes.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Does it matter ? You’re talking as if you still have some say in the matter. That debate is over. Burning fossil fuels for energy is bad, and the smart money is already working on how to transition away from it. BC is lucky with its abundance of hydro-electric power, and when Site C comems online we’ll be fine for the next twenty years or so. BC Hydro has been anticipating the rise in popularity of EV’s for some time now and will keep pace with how many are on the road. I expect a rise in popularity of hybrids as they will offer more convenience in long distance travel over hilly terrain. For provinces with out hydro-electric capabilities nuclear may well be an option. That could serve to re-energize our unranium industry that has largely been dormant for some years now.

The right wing pipe dream that we can re-energize Alberta’s oil & gas sector is a pipe dream to be sure, a desperate plea for votes that doesn’t have the support of the industry operators or neighbouring governments both federal and provincial. Cash handouts for an industry that can’t stand on its own will go over with voters as well as bailouts in the aircraft industry did. Finishing the TMX will offer a brief respite, freeing us of the US stranglehold on our exports, but that should be the extent of government assistance.

You cursed in BC language.. Site C