Canada’s cultural re-alignment

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
Hello to everyone. I’m aware this is my first post, so I’ll dive right into what’s bothering me.

The culture I grew up with in Canada was based on free speech. To speak without fear, publicly debating. The House of Commons & our senate are both proof of that.

Something has snuk up on us without setting off alarms culturally. Something new & different.

Canadian were free to speak openly in the past.

not any longer.

I see People are afraid.
I no longer feel free to speak as I believe.

Every time someone has they are immediately attacked, shamed.

Every argument I have listened too since the beginning of this health crisis are based on ideas of collectivism.

Do it for others etc....

HERE is my question.

Once everyone is afraid to speak openly.

Once no one dares speak up against the collective narrative no matter how much evidence they may have that provides a alternative to the mob’s consensus.

How do we trust what any doctors or scientists say?

Who will have the courage to speak when they will have their lives destroyed if they say anything that isn’t approved by the collective?

I haven’t seen much free open debate about our current crisis. Something I’m missing dearly as a Canadien of the open free speech culture.

I don’t know how far we are down this road to collectivism but,
once everyone says what they know they are supposed to say to keep their job, You get to a dark place. I think.

I remember studying a certain German leader that had a very large consensus.

I never imagined how it was possible to establish such a situations as Hitler did, but I think we are witnessing glimpses of how it may be possible

& here in Canada of all places.

Hopefully only the very beginning of it.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Canada has NEVER been truly a 'free speech' society anyway, rather a speech but responsibility for that speech.

You are still free to say whatever you want.

You are not free of consequences, whether that be challenge to your thoughts, bullying or other stupid shit like that.

If you can't handle that, then keep what you say to yourself, or others who think as you do.

As has been for years and years.

Comparing Canada to fucking Hitler or any other fascist government shows your stupidity about the reality of what fascism is.

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
If I was a environmental scientist & I found strong evidence that our climate issues are actually tied to something completely unrelated but very much easier fixed, I don’t even think I would bother bringing it up, since I’d completely alienate myself from the collective consensus. I would be outcast. Probably lose my job & have zero new job opportunity, destroying my life.

You don’t have a issue with such a situation? Even if this is not a situation you believe exists currently?

let’s pretend that this situation can happen & has already happened in other societies.

how can you trust anything scientist say under collectivism?

apply it to any field.

how can you trust media under a collective culture?

Last edited:

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
Canada has NEVER been truly a 'free speech' society anyway, rather a speech but responsibility for that speech.

You are not free of consequences, whether that be challenge to your thoughts, bullying or other stupid shit like that.

If you can't handle that, then keep what you say to yourself, or others who think as you do.

Comparing Canada to fucking Hitler or any other fascist government shows your stupidity about the reality of what fascism is.
I believe the last time Canada has seen a strong collective, it was under religious control. We all know how well that ended.

Cultural genocide?
Thank Goodness it wasn’t the Gas chambers.

How were None believers treated?
They were completely destroyed?

just because it’s the collectivism you subscribe too doesn’t justify it

Last edited:
Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
If I was a environmental scientist & I found strong evidence that our climate issues are actually tied to something completely unrelated but very much easier fixed, I don’t even think I would bother bringing it up, since I’d completely alienate myself from the collective consensus. I would be outcast. Probably lose my job & have zero new job opportunity, destroying my life.
So sell out and live that life. In the end you will be able to say you left a lot of money for your children.

Reactions: taxslave

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
So sell out and live that life. In the end you will be able to say you left a lot of money for your children.
That sum’s it up.

But now that I know what everyone is doing, how do I know the doctors are telling me what’s really the best thing to do for my health ?

This is a very easily exploitable flaw in our society.
A flaw that’s been used many times in the past with dark purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Bill C-10. The unasked for news media bailout. Quebec's increasingly bigoted language laws. Give yer f*cking head a shake. It would seem you don't quite understand freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom in general from the consequences of what you say, it means NOT being censored or suffering the ideological consequences of what you say at the hands of govt, with obvious limits.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

You don’t have a issue with such a situation? Even if this is not a situation you believe exists currently?

let’s pretend that this situation can happen & has already happened in other societies.

how can you trust anything scientist say under collectivism?

apply it to any field.

how can you trust media under a collective culture?
Because the science is settled don’t you know ? Get with the program .

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
Because the science is settled don’t you know ? Get with the program .
Right 😅

I guess , what I’m saying is I don’t think anyone ever got mass gas chambered due to too much open free public debate where people didn’t fear speaking up.
I can’t say the same for The opposite side where people lived in a collective and feared speaking up.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Except for the chosen leftards that can spread any lie they want with immunity. And get paid for it if it is approved by the LPC.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That sum’s it up.

But now that I know what everyone is doing, how do I know the doctors are telling me what’s really the best thing to do for my health ?

This is a very easily exploitable flaw in our society.
A flaw that’s been used many times in the past with dark purpose.
Doctors will tell you whatever makes them the most money.
Just this week a dr. in Lyton lost his ER privileges for voicing concerns about the Moderna vaccine causing neurological damage in three of his patients. Article in True North this morning.

Reactions: Elyxir

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Just this week a dr. in Lyton lost his ER privileges for voicing concerns about the Moderna vaccine causing neurological damage in three of his patients. Article in True North this morning.

Ah, True North, a publicized right wing free speech platform.

What was that about there being no free speech in Canada?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies, is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler becomes more likely.

Congratulations, you got there in your first post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I sense this argument is coming from a Covid Hoax perpective. Now you do, of course, have a right to your opinion, but as many have already pointed out, "free speech" rules do not grant you immunity from consequences of the position you take. That you waded into this topic on your first post, and resorted to cheap tactics (as above) right off the bat, makes me think that you are being less than discriminate on your choice of sites to spread your message on, and that you were unaware of the "flavour" of this particular forum. Welcome aboard, however short your stay might be. The vast majority of science available on the current pandemic goes against the idea that we are being consistently lied to by the medical community. In my humble opinion, backed by the medical community and reinforced by personal experience, is that Covid hoaxers, anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers are horribly misinformed and ultimately dangerous, and will keep this mess dragging out longer than it has to.

Reactions: Serryah

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies, is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler becomes more likely.

Congratulations, you got there in your first post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I sense this argument is coming from a Covid Hoax perpective. Now you do, of course, have a right to your opinion, but as many have already pointed out, "free speech" rules do not grant you immunity from consequences of the position you take. That you waded into this topic on your first post, and resorted to cheap tactics (as above) right off the bat, makes me think that you are being less than discriminate on your choice of sites to spread your message on, and that you were unaware of the "flavour" of this particular forum. Welcome aboard, however short your stay might be. The vast majority of science available on the current pandemic goes against the idea that we are being consistently lied to by the medical community. In my humble opinion, backed by the medical community and reinforced by personal experience, is that Covid hoaxers, anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers are horribly misinformed and ultimately dangerous, and will keep this mess dragging out longer than it has to.
Who is dragging this out?
The Amish have attained herd immunity 6 months ago. :rolleyes:

Perhaps that will be the solution, to the lack of open debate we are witnesses too.

Yet a other disappointed disenfranchised chunk of population breaking off society set towards creating their own community that exists & live pre-COVID-19.

😆

hopefully they do not end up with a sixth toe.

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
My biggest grievance is that we have spent the last 60 years getting rid of the religious freaks trying to impose their social standards on others.

Finally I think we have won,

Only to wake up to a bunch of, just as annoying freakish woke idiots that suddenly think because we finally got rid of those religious people, they are going to fill the void with their own social standards.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
If people actually looked at the msds sheets for the ingredients in the vaccine I’m sure they all would refuse to take it @ work. 😅

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
Boneheads who won't get with the program and take a few simple precautions to curb the spread of this virus.
Those boneheads have been immune to Covid-19 for well over a year.

😂
You are a prime example for the saying.

when you point a finger at someone there is three pointing back at you 👉