Canada’s cultural re-alignment

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Boneheads who won't get with the program and take a few simple precautions to curb the spread of this virus.
A recent study out of the University of Louisville found that mask wearing had little to no bearing on Covid spread . Is that the program , virtue signal ?

Reactions: Danbones

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The vast majority of MEDICAL science available on the current pandemic goes against the idea that we are being consistently lied to by the medical community.
And yet we are. The problem is in how "airborne" is defined when dealing with pathogens. In medicine an airborne pathogen means it is 5 microns or smaller. The reason they use 5 microns is a long and convoluted story but the long and the short of it is, anything over 5 microns in size is filtered out by the crap in our noses. However there are mouth breathers out there and I'm sure all of us at points have also breathed through our mouths for whatever reason. The 5 micron rule don't work for that entry point.

The second problem is some of the "social distancing". Because of the medical community's myopic views on airborne pathogens, the other standard argument is that a cough or sneeze will only expel droplets 3-6 ft. That is patently and undeniably false. Depending on wind, relative humidity, and even temperature, droplets from a sneeze or cough can travel up to a couple hundred feet or more. This is also true of heavier droplets. Even indoors a sneeze or cough can propel germs completely across the room or down a hall.

What's truly ironic is the UN and the WHO had hired an expert a few years back to study and track air pollution. Her study involved how particles of various sizes traveled and how far. The exact same physics can be and was applied to airborne pathogens and yet the UN and the WHO rejected her findings when it came to "medical " particles.
And that's the problem, our doctors for the most part are getting their info from the WHO while the WHO is "intentionally" giving them at least some incorrect information via a really f*cked up version of bias confirmation. Apparently trying to alter the paradigm of what an "airborne pathogen" is would turn the medical world upside down or something. And that's because the medical community "pooh poohs" the whole idea because to them it brings back the days when "doctors" thought miasma was a thing. And yet, it kind'a is a thing.

As for the WHO, they have already proven in the past that they are a corrupt organization. They do or say what whoever is their largest financial contributor tells them to do or say. THAT is a documented fact.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
A recent study out of the University of Louisville found that mask wearing had little to no bearing on Covid spread . Is that the program , virtue signal ?
Can you find a link to that study? I was able to find was a story about how the U of L is engaging in the manufacture of their own brand of masks...

Facility on UofL’s Belknap Campus produces 50 N95-style and 100 three-ply non-surgical masks per minute, with plans to ramp up

I work in a camp in the oilsands of Alberta where masking, distancing, hand sanitizing and zero contact policies have been in place since this whole thing blew up last spring. To date the positive test results can be counted on one hand. Five to nine hundred men living in relatively close quarters. Camps that have not taken it seriously have not fared so well, one not too far from us was over four hundred active cases last week. You will never convince me that these simple measures do not work, and you will never convince me that boneheads crying about "their rights" to ignore the advice of our own medical professionals are not a danger to the rest of us.

Reactions: Mowich

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Not you apparently.

Here's an interesting short read if you do that sort of thing:

The really strange thing about now is that ignorance parades itself as enlightenment.

Sellin' off your old text books, eh?
:)

All of The Best Studies Show Masks are Useless at Preventing the Spread of COVID​

The holes in a mask are .3 ums there bright boi

High-quality, high-thread count cotton fabric tested in the range of 70 to 79 percent filtration of particles as small as 0.3 microns when doubled. Surgical Masks Surgical masks tested at 60 to 80 percent filtration of particles as small as 0.3 microns. N-95 masks N-95 masks filtered out at least 95 percent of particles as small as 0.3 microns.

Boy do you look dumb at this moment
;)
I do enjoy the fact that you are waterboading yourself daily with a DIRTY face diaper. That, I find to be HIGH larious!

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Boy do you look dumb at this moment
I look dumb ? I'm not the one quoting bullshit sites like The Red Elephants. Just because something shows up on the internet doesn't mean it's true, but that little bit of wisdom seems to be pretty far out of reach for many.

That article deals with re-using masks, and even then they are better than nothing.

Like I said, you're banging your head against a brick wall if you think you can convince me that something I've seen with my own eyes is wrong.

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
I look dumb ? I'm not the one quoting bullshit sites like The Red Elephants. Just because something shows up on the internet doesn't mean it's true, but that little bit of wisdom seems to be pretty far out of reach for many.

That article deals with re-using masks, and even then they are better than nothing.

Like I said, you're banging your head against a brick wall if you think you can convince me that something I've seen with my own eyes is wrong.
It works if you are willing to live with this martial law for the rest of your life. Bright guy 👍

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
It works if you are willing to live with this martial law for the rest of your life. Bright guy 👍
Thankfully, the boneheads are vastly outnumbered and we will likely beat this thing back despite their resistance, it's just going to take a little longer. In the meantime the vaccination passport program should help a bit in keeping the rest of us insulated from them.

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
Thankfully, the boneheads are vastly outnumbered and we will likely beat this thing back despite their resistance, it's just going to take a little longer. In the meantime the vaccination passport program should help a bit in keeping the rest of us insulated from them.
And when the virus mutates we go back into lock down. Great plan 👍

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
If we would have had a proper open public debate and carefully articulated a intelligent plan from start to finish, don’t you think you would have had a much higher buy in?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
If we would have had a proper open public debate and carefully articulated a intelligent plan from start to finish, don’t you think you would have had a much higher buy in?
Tough question. The situation evolved very quickly in the beginning and there was a lot of conflicting information. It's easy to criticize looking backwards, but for the most part we are getting ahead of it now. Interesting that the two remaining hotspots in the country are areas where the resistance to safety measures is the strongest, Alberta and Ontario, both Conservative strongholds as well if that has anything to do with it.

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
*Eyeroll*

Anti-vaxxer.
Some of us already had it a year ago.

we still waiting for the rest of you pussies to grow a little courage
Tough question. The situation evolved very quickly in the beginning and there was a lot of conflicting information. It's easy to criticize looking backwards, but for the most part we are getting ahead of it now. Interesting that the two remaining hotspots in the country are areas where the resistance to safety measures is the strongest, Alberta and Ontario, both Conservative strongholds as well if that has anything to do with it.
are we not going to at least include the ultra high suicide rates in high school into the public debate?

Elyxir

Nominee Member
May 25, 2021
Don’t you think that because there was so much mis information . A open public debate with a comprehensive start to finish plan was made even more important due to the fact?