Irony. So many rely on a Jew for salvation.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

The notion of a messiah to save us all from god’s condemnation, at least the latest version, is pure Jewish mythology.

This theology and myth, reality to the literalists, have been accepted by most Christians, while Muslims have replaced Jesus with Mohammad as their savior. They have the same god though.

Christians persecuted Jews for many generations, while worshiping a Jew. That love/hate situations seems to still be around in some areas. It seems that Jews are blamed for killing Jesus, which they did, but at Jesus’ own request and instigation. He wanted badly to test the old messianic myth. He succeeded but failed the test by not returning.

Christians think otherwise and that Jesus succeeded. I really do not know why they ignore their own bible in this as it refutes them.

I do not mind Jews being honored by the Christian and Muslim worlds for giving us the Jesus myth that so many like, but I cannot understand why many Christians and Muslims still hold negative thought towards Jews.

Jews, in scriptures indicated that there are no Jews, gentiles, or division in Christ. Jesus, as the Christ, is said to be the savior for all.

As a Gnostic Christian with no supernatural beliefs at all, I do not believe in this myth, and do not want to be beholden to anyone for my unnecessary salvation.

I would ask those who do believe this story, do you honor the Jews as the root of your religion, or do you hate them for helping Jesus refute the salvation myth?

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I guess it worked.. you posted it. I guess you're now "thinking" and not so mentally weak. :rolleyes:

I think the mentally weak in society are those who believe in God or some religion. It has been proven the smartest minds, don't believe in God.

I equate religions and our tribal instincts.

Without religion as our tribal bonds, in some instances, we would have gone extinct.

We all circle around some principle or ideal ideology, philosophy, or theology and god.

I agree with you when talking supernatural gods. Not when it comes to all of us having one, as we all do, if defined as the best rules and laws to live by.

Regards
DL

Reactions: B00Mer

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Kinda like religion, the mentally weak these days are the ones that take everything the government tells them as gospel and without question.

Reactions: French Patriot

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Kinda like religion, the mentally weak these days are the ones that take everything the government tells them as gospel and without question.

That seems more of a U.S. way than Canadian way, but your point is right on if you are talking Trump supporters.

The more to the right you are, the less you will question.

Regards
DL

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I used to rely on a Jew for my salvation. I used to have a Jewish GP: Dr Newgrosh. He was my GP since I was a toddler, but he retired about 6 years ago.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

The notion of a messiah to save us all from god’s condemnation, at least the latest version, is pure Jewish mythology.

This theology and myth, reality to the literalists, have been accepted by most Christians, while Muslims have replaced Jesus with Mohammad as their savior. They have the same god though.

Christians persecuted Jews for many generations, while worshiping a Jew. That love/hate situations seems to still be around in some areas. It seems that Jews are blamed for killing Jesus, which they did, but at Jesus’ own request and instigation. He wanted badly to test the old messianic myth. He succeeded but failed the test by not returning.

Christians think otherwise and that Jesus succeeded. I really do not know why they ignore their own bible in this as it refutes them.

I do not mind Jews being honored by the Christian and Muslim worlds for giving us the Jesus myth that so many like, but I cannot understand why many Christians and Muslims still hold negative thought towards Jews.

Jews, in scriptures indicated that there are no Jews, gentiles, or division in Christ. Jesus, as the Christ, is said to be the savior for all.

As a Gnostic Christian with no supernatural beliefs at all, I do not believe in this myth, and do not want to be beholden to anyone for my unnecessary salvation.

I would ask those who do believe this story, do you honor the Jews as the root of your religion, or do you hate them for helping Jesus refute the salvation myth?

Regards
DL
Whats the agnostic version the claims Jesus a Jew?

Israelite. Jesus was an Isrealite who tried to set the Judeans back on the path to salvation.

Kings II tells about the lineage of Israelite King David splitting in two groups Isrealites and Judeans. Jesus was killed for trying to unite the Kingdom and was a threat to the Judean lineage and their control backed by Rome.. The road to salvation is the Isrealite road and "God's Kingdom" reunited.

It's not your or my salvation, it's the salvation of the Judean peoples.

I have to explain this all the time to the Born Again types to get them to shut up.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
That seems more of a U.S. way than Canadian way, but your point is right on if you are talking Trump supporters.

The more to the right you are, the less you will question.

Regards
DL
Believe me pal, I wasn't talking about just the right.....and not just the US either.

Reactions: petros

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Whats the agnostic version the claims Jesus a Jew?

Israelite. Jesus was an Isrealite who tried to set the Judeans back on the path to salvation.

Kings II tells about the lineage of Israelite King David splitting in two groups Isrealites and Judeans. Jesus was killed for trying to unite the Kingdom and was a threat to the Judean lineage and their control backed by Rome.. The road to salvation is the Isrealite road and "God's Kingdom" reunited.

It's not your or my salvation, it's the salvation of the Judean peoples.

I have to explain this all the time to the Born Again types to get them to shut up.

There are no Jews Gentiles etc. in Christ, says your bible.

Regards
DL