Human rights tribunal puts anti-maskers on notice, saying complaints require proof of disability

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
"The Code does not protect people who refuse to wear a mask as a matter of personal preference, because they believe wearing a mask is 'pointless' or because they disagree that wearing masks helps to protect the public during the pandemic," Adamson said.

Human rights tribunal puts anti-maskers on notice, saying complaints require proof of disability​

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Enforced wearing of masks declared unconstitutional in Belgium​

In a landmark judgment on January 11, a district court judge in Weimar declared the prohibition on social contact unlawful as contrary to the German Basic Law (Gründgesetz). Its order at the time had been unconstitutional because the Infection Protection Act was not a sufficient legal basis for such a far-reaching regulation as a contact ban, the ruling said. The order of the contact ban had violated human dignity and had not been proportionate. (Reported in MDR Thüringen on 22 January 2021)

Meanwhile, in Sweden children are being suspended from school for wearing masks.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yes, I realize those places are stupid and wrong.

Over here we recognize it's not a black and white issue.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here in Britain, the Government and SAGE have downgraded Covid to flu status and said there will be no more lockdowns and that we just have to live with the virus.

• Love
Reactions: taxslave

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Here in Britain, the Government and SAGE have downgraded Covid to flu status and said there will be no more lockdowns and that we just have to live with the virus.
As has been done with every virus before now.
I guess time will tell if what we are putting up with is going to be proved correct or all just BS

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yes, I realize those places are stupid and wrong.

Over here we recognize it's not a black and white issue.
Yeah it is. Just like every other viral outbreak. Your dumb f*ck problem is you listen to the govt line and obediently don't question it. I bet you STILL believe this all started with a bat in a wet market even though the COMPELLING evidence says otherwise. Funny how Wuhan/China was the epicenter and yet they suffered the least and they sure as f*ck didn't shut down their economy for the sake of a less than 2% death rate.

Then there's the so-called vaccine. I've explained my concerns elsewhere in here but there is a new one. Allegedly there are several strains of covid now and at least some of those strains have more than one variant. But apparently a single vaccine will lessen my symptoms if I catch any one of the strains or variants.

Do you know why the leftists of 50 years ago are way smarter than you leftard dregs today? Because they loudly proclaimed, "Don't trust the govt" and "Question EVERYTHING". You half-wit leftards today refuse to question any govt you support and put your full unabashed trust in them. And that despite the fact this current federal govt has demonstrably proven time and time again they can't be trusted.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yeah it is. Just like every other viral outbreak. Your dumb f*ck problem is you listen to the govt line and obediently don't question it. I bet you STILL believe this all started with a bat in a wet market even though the COMPELLING evidence says otherwise. Funny how Wuhan/China was the epicenter and yet they suffered the least and they sure as f*ck didn't shut down their economy for the sake of a less than 2% death rate.

Then there's the so-called vaccine. I've explained my concerns elsewhere in here but there is a new one. Allegedly there are several strains of covid now and at least some of those strains have more than one variant. But apparently a single vaccine will lessen my symptoms if I catch any one of the strains or variants.

Do you know why the leftists of 50 years ago are way smarter than you leftard dregs today? Because they loudly proclaimed, "Don't trust the govt" and "Question EVERYTHING". You half-wit leftards today refuse to question any govt you support and put your full unabashed trust in them. And that despite the fact this current federal govt has demonstrably proven time and time again they can't be trusted.

Leftists can't proclaim don't trust government. That's inherently anti leftist.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

I thought it was a pangolin. Friggin pangolins.

Never mind the fact that our incompetent leadership is flat-out ignoring vaccine manufacturers strict requirements that second doses be administered 3 weeks after the first.... because they failed to secure enough for everyone and think that they know better than the people who developed and produced it. It's only an extra 3 and a half months to wait, what could possibly go wrong? So what if bad political decisions are dramatically reducing the efficacy rate of the vaccine? At least Trudeau can say that everyone has being vaccinated, even if it only offers decreased and limited protection to what it was designed to provide. Most people seem to be buying the deception by our government so I guess the strategy is working.