What if Texas Was an Independent Country?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Don't mind Blackie.. he's just angry watching his country becomes such and insignificant nation of the past few years. Why did you think they had Brixit.. same attitude.

Much more influential than Canada.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Only as long as Spain had the power to make it so.

Well Mexico was an independent country during the 1846-1848 Mexican-American War, which saw the US annex large swathes of Mexico (the present states of California, Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico).

America's war of expansionism was actually criticised by the House of Representatives at the time as "a war unnecessarily and unconstitutionally begun by the President of the United States" (the President being the Democrat James Polk). One of those who opposed it was Abraham Lincoln.

So I don't know why you have no problem with the US taking over much of Mexico, because you wouldn't like it of they did the same to Canada. You'd be demanding America hand that territory back.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Well Mexico was an independent country during the 1846-1848 Mexican-American War, which saw the US annex large swathes of Mexico (the present states of California, Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico).

America's war of expansionism was actually criticised by the House of Representatives at the time as "a war unnecessarily and unconstitutionally begun by the President of the United States" (the President being the Democrat James Polk). One of those who opposed it was Abraham Lincoln.

So I don't know why you have no problem with the US taking over much of Mexico, because you wouldn't like it of they did the same to Canada. You'd be demanding America hand that territory back.

All that matter is the USA kicked Britain's ass out of the USA.. they beat your ass boy.. remember that. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Your Red Coats or your Navy could win against the American's

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
All that matter is the USA kicked Britain's ass out of the USA.. they beat your ass boy.. remember that. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Your Red Coats or your Navy could win against the American's

They needed French help. And Britain could have easily beaten them both but, as America wasn't deemed an important enough colony and we had more pressing matters elsewhere, we just let them have their independence. They weren't that important enough to be worth all the effort.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
North America was no ones land before the natives came over from Asia. It wasn't Mexico until the Spanish came and claimed it. Then the settlers there decided to make it their own I suppose. Same with most American countries. It's the way it has always been done and likely will keep doing. The only ones that seem to want to expand their territories these days are fascists' and dictators. So, with the new US government, you may have a point....lol
You seem to have the attitude that the British are the only ones with the right to conquer new lands. That day is done.

Reactions: petros

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
North America was no ones land before the natives came over from Asia. It wasn't Mexico until the Spanish came and claimed it. Then the settlers there decided to make it their own I suppose. Same with most American countries. It's the way it has always been done and likely will keep doing. The only ones that seem to want to expand their territories these days are fascists' and dictators. So, with the new US government, you may have a point....lol
You seem to have the attitude that the British are the only ones with the right to conquer new lands. That day is done.

What if the US took over parts of Canada? You'd be demanding them back. So why can't we do the same? What makes you so different?

It's right that America give back to Britain, Mexico and Spain our stolen territories. That'd be the right thing to do. I'm surprised neither of those countries have complained to the UN yet.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
But, you don't seem to realize you Brits stole it from the natives to begin with. That's my point.

If the US invades us, not much we can do. Not going to lose sleep over it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
But, you don't seem to realize you Brits stole it from the natives to begin with. That's my point.

If the US invades us, not much we can do. Not going to lose sleep over it.

So there'd be nobody in Canada demanding to have that stolen territory back? Don't be silly.

What's the difference between America stealing British and Mexican territory and America tomorrow taking over the whole of western Canada? There isn't a difference at all.

I think the British and Mexicans have as much right to demand the return of their territory as Canada would have if the US annexed vast swathes of it tomorrow.

I'm right, aren't I? I'm talking sense.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Once again, you don't get it. The Brits, Spanish, French stole America from the natives.

So if the US invaded western Canada and annexed it you would just let them have it because "it belonged to the natives first"?

If a country sent a massive armada over to the United States with the aim invading it and annexing it all the Americans should just allow them to take their country over because "it belonged to the natives first"?

That's your logic.

Nobody stole the United States. There was no United States when the Europeans colonised the area. The United States was created out of lands they stole from other people - the British in the east and the Mexicans in the south and west.

Your logic also implies that Canada and the United States have no right to be in existence because their territories were "stolen from native people." So you think all those lands should just be handed back to the natives and those two countries should no longer exist. Because if the British have no rights to the 13 colonies then what right do Americans have? Even less rights than the British, considering they were British before they were American.

Last edited:

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
What I am saying is that the conquering of other peoples lands is an age old thing, was always that way, probably will continue that way. Yes, those evil Americans, that you seem to hate so much may do it, but also look at Britain. Through the centuries, they were masters at it, be it America, Africa, India....all over the world. The British have no reason to talk about others trying to dominate the world.
BTW, I was born in England, came where as a kid. Glad I did.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
What I am saying is that the conquering of other peoples lands is an age old thing, was always that way, probably will continue that way. Yes, those evil Americans, that you seem to hate so much may do it, but also look at Britain. Through the centuries, they were masters at it, be it America, Africa, India....all over the world. The British have no reason to talk about others trying to dominate the world.
BTW, I was born in England, came where as a kid. Glad I did.

There is one of two possibilities here. Either...

1) You'd have no problem with a country annexing parts of Canada or the United States, or;

2) If a country invaded Canada or the United States you'd be wanting that country to be kicked back out again and for those territories to be returned to their former owners, yet you're a hypocrite because a Brit demands the same - that the 13 colonies be handed back to their former owner - Britain yet you don't like that.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So if the US invaded western Canada and annexed it you would just let them have it because "it belonged to the natives first"?

If a country sent a massive armada over to the United States with the aim invading it and annexing it all the Americans should just allow them to take their country over because "it belonged to the natives first"?

That's your logic.

Nobody stole the United States. There was no United States when the Europeans colonised the area. The United States was created out of lands they stole from other people - the British in the east and the Mexicans in the south and west.

Your logic also implies that Canada and the United States have no right to be in existence because their territories were "stolen from native people." So you think all those lands should just be handed back to the natives and those two countries should no longer exist. Because if the British have no rights to the 13 colonies then what right do Americans have? Even less rights than the British, considering they were British before they were American.
Considering the majority of N.A. Natives have heavy European influence in their bloodlines , who will win that battle . Kick out the Europeans and N.A. would be populated by Asians and South Asians ( I/e Indians from India ) .

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If Texas wants to leave, it could join Canada so we could help them to enjoy cold weather.
They could change their name to "Canada Pants".

Texit.

I'll give the EU its dues: at least you can leave that if you want to.