Greta Thunberg

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
She must have learned something about pulling on the ol' yard arm while she was a sailor!
She might not be amazingly attractive, but I'd certainly let her pull on my yardarm. It'd be great fun. I'd even take her up the poop deck.

• Wow
Reactions: Danbones

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Curtis and Leroy saw an ad in the newspaper and bought a mule for $100.

The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.
The next morning the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, fellers, I have some
bad news, the mule died last night."

Curtis and Leroy replied, "Well, then just give us our money back."
The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."
They said, "OK then, just bring us the dead mule."

The farmer asked, "What in the world ya'll gonna do with a dead mule?"
Curtis said, "We gonna raffle him off."
The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!"
Leroy said, "We shore can! Heck, we don't hafta tell nobody he's dead!"

A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis and Leroy at the
grocery store and asked:
"What'd you fellers ever do with that dead mule?"
They said, "We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do."
Leroy said,"Shucks, we sold 500 tickets fer two dollars apiece and made a
profit of $898."

The farmer said,"My Lord, didn't anyone complain?"
Curtis said, "Well, the feller who won got upset. So we gave him his two
dollars back."

Curtis and Leroy now work for the Canadian Government.
They're overseeing the CarbonTax Plan

• Haha
Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Don't noe about the P or the S, but that darn O for Organ stands right out.
:)

Pssst, I think she likes you! Ask her out!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Well darn it! I guess I am going to have to ride this dead mule till I can raffle it off then.

:unsure:

Hmmm, Maybe I can put it on Sail...

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Maybe it's just being a stubborn ass.

You could be right about that.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
WOKE WATCH: School blasted for $40K Greta statue
Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Publishing date:Mar 25, 2021 • 7 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
The statue of climate activist Greta Thunberg is nice but some UK residents think it is a waste of cash.
The statue of climate activist Greta Thunberg is nice but some UK residents think it is a waste of cash. PHOTO BY CHRISTINE CHARLESWORTH /FACEBOOK
Article content
A U.K. university is being blasted after it blew an estimated $40,000 on a life-size statue of climate activist Greta Thunberg.

Winchester University in Hampshire plans to unveil its ode to the Swedish eco darling on March 30.

But not everyone’s happy.

“What a total waste of money,” resident Simon Dixon told the Hampshire Chronicle. “Total waste of money. I wonder whose bright idea that was.”

Even the university’s students were left scratching their heads. Henry Osbourne asked why students “weren’t given a vote over who to have a statue of?”

Another local, Michelle Coombs, told the newspaper: “I think the statue sculpture itself is very good. But Greta has no connection with Winchester, or am I wrong?”

Called Make a Difference, the statue is the work of British artist Christine Charlesworth.

“The university wanted a sculpture of Greta because it is a very ‘green’ university, and they feel that Greta will be an inspiration to all the students,” Charlesworth told the Chronicle.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
“Originally the interview committee were talking about her sitting on the ground, wearing her yellow coat,” she said. “But I feel strongly about portraying her telling more about the person she is.”

Officials did not comment.

Meanwhile, a program in Oakland designed to help the impoverished appears to have missed some people.

The program will give cheques of $500 per month to low-income families of colour.

But it skips helping the 10,000 white residents living below the poverty line in the California city.

Funded by wealthy residents, via a lottery system, the no-strings attached cheques are targeted to homes with people of colour who have a household income under $59,000 and at least one child.

As for poor white people, Oakland says “tough luck.”

One commentator called it “pure racism.”

Another added: “Poor is poor. Being poor and white sucks, you may not get locked up for trivial shit like our dark-skinned brothers and sisters but it’s no secret that White Privilege always has and always will require a certain shade of green to your name.”

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun
1616724491299.png