Trudeau Is Going To Bury Us In Debt

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm assuming what I've described above isn't a completely isolated case. I've missed one day of work so far in 2020 due to a back issue (bulged a disc a few years back), and between the two of these folks across the road, they've worked less days together than I've had weekend days between January & May or June (where I work less hours on the weekends, but still work) in 2020.
Being Saturday & my day off, I've met one driver at my office to load four tires (255/70R22.5's) onto his truck for installation Monday AM, set up the border crossings for three others, arranged the rescue of another off the freeway in Madison WI (Hub Bearing went out taking the belt with it but the fan is still intact) & got him into a hotel, and troubleshot an electrical issue over the phone with a trailer in Indiana (Ground issue in the trailer plug), and the day's is still only 1/2 over.....& it's a lite day 'cuz the weather is still warm-ish so no shit American diesel or freeze up issues yet.
This couple across the road on a mix of welfare & CRB between them, if they stay off the booze & drugs, with their rent & bills covered, and her under the table side-gig from home...should be able to bank $20,000 from the CRB alone (they won't, but they could) for not having to be self sufficient until at lest next October with the Trudeau Bucks & zero accountability. From the banked $20,000 they could pay the $2,400 in income tax on the CRB & still have enough saved in one year to take several vacations to exotic destinations once COVID restrictions let up, etc....or just stay high for a portion of that time around 'paydays'....life is about choices.
I had an easy day but a typical day. I got up for the second time at noon, checked emails, deleted some shit on here, sold an item for $325 on kijijittity that I scored for $35 from McDougals a few days ago, went for 3 beer and a steak sammich, came home, whipped up a pasta, wet some dishes so it looked like I ate at home and kicked back for a bit waiting for my beau.
And here I am, waiting for late April.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
I'm assuming what I've described above isn't a completely isolated case. I've missed one day of work so far in 2020 due to a back issue (bulged a disc a few years back), and between the two of these folks across the road, they've worked less days together than I've had weekend days between January & May or June (where I work less hours on the weekends, but still work) in 2020.
Being Saturday & my day off, I've met one driver at my office to load four tires (255/70R22.5's) onto his truck for installation Monday AM, set up the border crossings for three others, arranged the rescue of another off the freeway in Madison WI (Hub Bearing went out taking the belt with it but the fan is still intact) & got him into a hotel, and troubleshot an electrical issue over the phone with a trailer in Indiana (Ground issue in the trailer plug), and the day's is still only 1/2 over.....& it's a lite day 'cuz the weather is still warm-ish so no shit American diesel or freeze up issues yet.
This couple across the road on a mix of welfare & CRB between them, if they stay off the booze & drugs, with their rent & bills covered, and her under the table side-gig from home...should be able to bank $20,000 from the CRB alone (they won't, but they could) for not having to be self sufficient until at lest next October with the Trudeau Bucks & zero accountability. From the banked $20,000 they could pay the $2,400 in income tax on the CRB & still have enough saved in one year to take several vacations to exotic destinations once COVID restrictions let up, etc....or just stay high for a portion of that time around 'paydays'....life is about choices.

Sounds like the neighbours are living the Canadian dream. Check back in 10 years.

Maybe the time has come to stop the propping up of the economy with borrowed dollars and let the shtt hit the fan.

The present system seems nowhere near sustainable over time. Trouble starts when the next guy comes along and can't do anything about the last guy's mess so that becomes the new base to go forward and add the new mess too. Two thirds of all funding never makes it to the intended target but they keep on hammering more down the pipe. Doing it for the people.

Banks would crap their pants and never let it happen though because the $50 billion in annual profits is too big a price to pay for a little democracy.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Agreed, JLM. There are far too many of the unemployed who are quite happy to sit on the government dole when businesses are desperately in need of employees. There appears to be no oversight whatsoever into who does and who does not, or should not qualify for government funding.

Once again the hidden expense of the program is in the administrative bureaucracy that needs the applicants in order to do their job. They are actually competing for potential employees and treating them as clientele to keep the department busy. This is where all the good paying jobs are and twice the cost of the announced program. What does the immigration department to without immigrants?

Last edited:

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
I really hate to ask but when a Canadian Indigenous group invests $1 billion into a pipeline project, where does the money come from?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
So when the Mi'kmaq bought the lobster factory Canadian taxpayers pick up the tab and the feds escape controversy for helping out with enough money to solve any problem via the back door. I wonder if J.T. thinks he is being clever?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I really hate to ask but when a Canadian Indigenous group invests $1 billion into a pipeline project, where does the money come from?
Despite some of the snarky responses about our taxes and the FN, there are groups that have done well for themselves. Many are no different than any other town or city in Canada. They have road and highway connections, they produce goods and services and sell them on the open market like everyone else.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Despite some of the snarky responses about our taxes and the FN, there are groups that have done well for themselves. Many are no different than any other town or city in Canada. They have road and highway connections, they produce goods and services and sell them on the open market like everyone else.

Typically in the past Indigenous investment has been more regionally focused. To start making investments in the global economy is something new.

Nothing to do with not having the right to do as they see fit but if it is really about fronting the Liberal party economic policy in exchange for votes than we might as well go back to square one and start again.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I gotta admit Trudie was right when he said we were world leaders, I just don't like the category we are leading the world in

Posthaste: Canada is leading the 'debt tsunami' now sweeping the world

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Typically in the past Indigenous investment has been more regionally focused. To start making investments in the global economy is something new.

Nothing to do with not having the right to do as they see fit but if it is really about fronting the Liberal party economic policy in exchange for votes than we might as well go back to square one and start again.
Did you stop to think that maybe they're playing Trudeau?

Reactions: Twin_Moose