For Cliffy and his addiction to facebook........

Tygerbright

Time Out
Oct 21, 2019
Bagtown
:unsure:

You might become paranoid if you use facebook a lot and google "centra"

Then read this and make up your own mind

Facebook is responsive it flows to your clicks and likes and follows just like You Tube. There's nothing wrong with it.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Google does the same thing too.... tracks you too, but with google you have the option to control that location tracking and even disable it if you're paranoid
Not so with facebook!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Some people have started using a program called "Parler" "French for talking?"huh?
apparently it doesn't track you across the internet.....like facebook does!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
facebook. To allow location access to any app you need to do it in iOS.
Right... I get what you mean now, with the app you go to another site afterwards, it can't track you unless you use safari.... and even with safari it's easy to wipe all your surfing..
with apps you have a lot more control

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Right... I get what you mean now, with the app you go to another site afterwards, it can't track you unless you use safari.... and even with safari it's easy to wipe all your surfing..
with apps you have a lot more control
I left it on once and when I opened it up again, it had recommendations for places all along my route home. If you do use the app, disallow it unless you need it. You can turn it on and off as needed. If you leave it on, it will track your movements. I think right now it is just for the purpose of advertising.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I really like Facebook but I have it set up so it works for me, not that I work for it.

It takes some times to make your settings right but once you do, it's great!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
But I don't have it turned on,
The moderator or Andem can probably see my exact location in Kapuskasing, but it doesn't bother me!
I left it on once and when I opened it up again, it had recommendations for places all along my route home. If you do use the app, disallow it unless you need it. You can turn it on and off as needed. If you leave it on, it will track your movements. I think right now it is just for the purpose of advertising.
I've turned it on a few times in Toronto just to find out which stores were around where I was located...
Kinda handy when you're from out of town