Trudeau Is Going To Bury Us In Debt

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yep, those darn facts. We all have at least one search engine (if not several) at our fingertips for checking facts. Justin's isn't out yet but I wonder where he'll rank even just from his first term before COVID 19 came along and saved his bacon?

who was the guy before Louis?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

Yep, those darn facts. We all have at least one search engine (if not several) at our fingertips for checking facts. Justin's isn't out yet but I wonder where he'll rank even just from his first term before COVID 19 came along and saved his bacon?
I wonder where all your debt-related postings were during the Harper years.

Oh that's right. Debt didn't matter then.

I had forgotten

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Governments around the world have ponied up about $8.5 trillion in order to keep the world running since covid began.

Let's talk about why.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Because Canada exists in a vacuum where nothing that happens in the world matters to us

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I wonder where all your debt-related postings were during the Harper years.
Oh that's right. Debt didn't matter then.
I had forgotten
When the 2008 2009 recession hit due to the US housing market crisis I ended up out of work in the city so I went mining for five or six years and was literally in a hole in the ground for the most part away from cell and Internet access while living in a camp. I made good money but I was not connected to the outside world for the most part. Just my debt reloaded and related postings during that time frame.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Being in a deep hole explains a lot of things.
Sure does. America is a very protectionist society and they look after themselves first. Many in that 2008-2009 Subpar Mortgage crash.... That dealt with international commerce or international trade or international transport ended up out blowing in the wind when America look after them selves first. We went from a fleet of trucks close to 70 down to 4. Thus I went out crushing gravel for 5-6 years. The hole in a ground was more of pit....many many of them. Sometimes we started on the open prairie but before long it would be a large pit. The spread I was on the last few years could put through 400 yards/hour. Lived in camps or small town hotels for several years working 12-16 hours a day....so not much time for online playtime. It does explain a lot.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Liberals reserve another 20 million doses of vaccine. This is their 6th deal now ensuring Canada has access to all 6 of the most promising candidates.

Also announce $440 million for an international agency to protect the access rights of poor countries.

The fire hose just keeps gushing

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How much of the deposit on vaccines is non-refundable?

The more burning question...………………...Should we be procuring vaccines before they are proven and sure as f**k shouldn't be putting up any money until they are delivered.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The more burning question...………………...Should we be procuring vaccines before they are proven and sure as f**k shouldn't be putting up any money until they are delivered.
The answer is "yes"

We should be making sure that we are aggressively pursuing any vaccine that looks promising. Which we are.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The answer is "yes"
We should be making sure that we are aggressively pursuing any vaccine that looks promising. Which we are.
I’m with Hoid on this one. Currently there is no vaccine but many are working on it, & it’s a crap shoot. Who knows who is going to produce a vaccine that will actually be effective?? When somebody produces one who will get it?? Hopefully it’ll be one of the ones that we put down a deposit on, & not the Gov’t of the country it’s produced in seizing it for its own use, etc....Its a roll of the dice, and deposits hedge the bet that we won’t be left flailing in the wind with a “No Soup For You!” Response...which could still happen anyway...but it’s the corner we’re backed into.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I’m with Hoid on this one. Currently there is no vaccine but many are working on it, & it’s a crap shoot. Who knows who is going to produce a vaccine that will actually be effective?? When somebody produces one who will get it?? Hopefully it’ll be one of the ones that we put down a deposit on, & not the Gov’t of the country it’s produced in seizing it for its own use, etc....Its a roll of the dice, and deposits hedge the bet that we won’t be left flailing in the wind with a “No Soup For You!” Response...which could still happen anyway...but it’s the corner we’re backed into.
In a heroic and noble gesture, it will be given to FNs first.

I guarantee there will be some goofy signaling of some sorts.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
In a heroic and noble gesture, it will be given to FNs first.
Ii guarantee therecwill be some goofy signaling of some sorts.
well, of coarse, Liberals, etc.... But I was picturing Trump seizing plane loads of PPE six months ago, or buying other peoples supplies out from under them off of the tarmac in other countries, etc....And that’s what I was hoping deposits on what’s currently Magic beans which might maybe eventually become effective vaccines. Still SARS was in 2003 and there’s no vaccine for that, so I still have my doubts about generating a vaccine in six or eight months but no long-term testing and lots of promises and predictions but it is what it is.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020

Not like they haven't already invested big bucks for this kind of thing with the Federal Virology Center in Winnipeg.

I'd rather they be given the lead role to decide than have Ottawa throw money at every rumored fix without knowing if it is. Good times for drug companies.

Possible federal virology lab employees are on paid leave or working from home.