Renewables overtake oil

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Here's a current picture of a place called Mauritius which is somewhere far away.

A Japanese tanker is leaking fuel oil on a coral reef.

You'll need to include this one in your study.

This is Lake Baotou in Mongolia. Do you green tards take shit like this into account in YOUR studies? Ironically, there's enough thorium in this man-made toxic lake to power global needs for emissions-free heat and hydro for about 200 years. And yet half-wits like would rather see ecological destruction on a massive scale for the rare earth elements you need for turbines, solar power and batteries. It's also been estimated that China's battery industry, (mining, refining and manufacturing) has made around 20% of China's farmland toxic due to heavy metal runoff. Land I might add, that is still being used as farmland.

DO you greentards also take into account the amount of fresh water that gets destroyed every year to create the "green" nightmare? Nope, of course not. Because the AGW narrative is 100% horseshit.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
https://www.thetorquereport.com/new...t-and-environmentally-friendly-than-a-hummer/
This is what I was recalling from years ago.... and today it would be dated but it’s what I was recalling. I was not making this up. Took 2 to 3 minutes to find the link though.
This is why the hybrid is dead.

On the EV front - the longest range Tesla has a range of over 600KM

Lucid has a range of over 800KM and the next iteration of Tesla will have the same - at least.

So you are talking 800km of range vice the 400 you are using for your calculations.

In 5 years Tesla's will have ranges well over 1,000 kms.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Awesome! The wedding I’m going to is in two weeks. Real world situation. On a positive note the guy I know with the Tesla model three drives that thing 12 months of the year on the prairies. He charges it at home then drives the 15 or 20 minutes to work and charges it all day, Does whatever he hast to do on the way home and drives home and plugged it in and charge it all night. does whatever he hast to do on the way home and drives home and plugged it in and charge it all night. He just loves it but his last toy that this thing replaced was a super super high-end exotic sports car.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Here's a current picture of a place called Mauritius which is somewhere far away.
A Japanese tanker is leaking fuel oil on a coral reef.
You'll need to include this one in your study.

If they bought their fuel from Canada instead of the muddle east they wouldn't have hit the reef, build all the pipelines

India sends team to Mauritius to assist in oil spill

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Awesome! The wedding I’m going to is in two weeks. Real world situation. On a positive note the guy I know with the Tesla model three drives that thing 12 months of the year on the prairies. He charges it at home then drives the 15 or 20 minutes to work and charges it all day, Does whatever he hast to do on the way home and drives home and plugged it in and charge it all night. does whatever he hast to do on the way home and drives home and plugged it in and charge it all night. He just loves it but his last toy that this thing replaced was a super super high-end exotic sports car.
Getting into the high 30's there in central BC. Sleeping in a suv is going to be a little uncomfortable.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oh great. Oh well...we head out Wednesday AM. We'll stay at the house in Vernon while we’re there. It’ll be a whirlwind, & I’ll relax when I get back to work the week after.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oh great. Oh well...we head out Wednesday AM. We'll stay at the house in Vernon while we’re there. It’ll be a whirlwind, & I’ll relax when I get back to work the week after.
You will likely pass through Likely .

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
60 wildfires between you and Vernon. Keep your radio on CBC and the parks advisory station.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Ya, apparently the subsidies that are required really make it a "good deal" and with the current government, even if we had lots of excess "renewables" we'd likely sell it to the US at a loss and the Canadian Taxpayers will foot the bill willingly. Great! Good idea. I'll stick with fossil fuels in the meantime so I can stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter, thank you very much. Renewables cannot guarantee either.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Ya, apparently the subsidies that are required really make it a "good deal" and with the current government, even if we had lots of excess "renewables" we'd likely sell it to the US at a loss and the Canadian Taxpayers will foot the bill willingly. Great! Good idea. I'll stick with fossil fuels in the meantime so I can stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter, thank you very much. Renewables cannot guarantee either.
Rolling black outs in California . How are renewables working for them ?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Renewable's do both better.