COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

Speaking of:

indeed...Gotta wonder what he is thinking as he watches all this evolve....Life imitating fiction...

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

I believe he has pointed out that he covid19 outbreak bears no resemblance to The Stand.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if he's commented at all.
I would hate to see anyone stat blaming him. People can get very irrational when under fear / panic stress. Best he stay out of site ......and self quarantine .;-)

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary

I would hate to see anyone stat blaming him. People can get very irrational when under fear / panic stress. Best he stay out of site ......and self quarantine .;-)

Oh I don't think anyone would blame him but then on the other hand he has had some pretty crazy followers, one once breaking into his house with a bomb, a fake bomb but still quite a scare:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1991/0...b-caught-in-Stephen-Kings-home/7848672120000/

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

For the safety of everyone it's time to "drop the hammer".
indeed. I am embarrassed that my town has people that defy practical advice , take risks for themselves and for others. San Francisco has their share of the same

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Senate falls far short of votes needed to advance coronavirus bill as clash between Republicans and Democrats intensifies
The motion on the $1.8 trillion bill received support from 47 senators, 13 shy of the number needed to move forward. President Trump, speaking at the White House, noted the standoff but said a deal must be cut soon: "I don't think anybody actually has a choice."

source: WAPO

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

He's a rebel...

We are young
Heartache to heartache we stand
No promises
No demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong
No one can tell us we're wrong
Searching our hearts for so long
Both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Yeah it's a good time. As far as athletes training goes, your point is taken. I don't know the extent to which rodeo participants train nor do I know how a participant is entered into the competition. Is there a qualifying system?

Still a pretty big event to ready for that would need time to call off if a cancellation were to become necessary. Certainly not on the scale of an Olympics which takes years to build up. So yes, not the same.
Yes I was splitting hairs .