Re Canadians in Wuhan

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I'm no immunologist but here's an idea: how about all the Canadians in Wuhan maybe just stay there until we find out if the entire human race is going to be wiped out by some super bug.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'm no immunologist but here's an idea: how about all the Canadians in Wuhan maybe just stay there until we find out if the entire human race is going to be wiped out by some super bug.
They are, or have you not been paying attention. Wuhan has been closed off with a cordon sanitaire. No one gets in or out.
What the Canadian govt should do is temporarily ban travel to and from China.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Dow dropped 600 points today due to the Coronavirus outbreak. This is serious shit happening. It's going to really adversely affect global travel and trade. Sure hope the immunologists gets handle on this soon.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A guy I used to know liked the Wuhan Clan. I've never liked them, though. Not my type of music.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
This is no more virulent than influenza which is currently running unfettered in all 50 states and all 10 provinces. Just doesn't have a sexy name. This is a lot of hype about nothing. But go ahead and carry on panicking over nothing.

BTW: if you see someone with a mask on, feel free to laugh at them. They are ineffective against this virus and even if they were they expose the eyes which is a prime contagion point.

Hoid3

Time Out
Feb 1, 2020
14,000 confirmed cases, 304 dead.

btw that is a mortality rate very much in line with influenza.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
According to the NHS, you need to be within 6 feet of someone with the illness for at least 15 minutes before you can catch it, and then there is a 2% chance (in Britain, at least) that you will die from it.

Let the Left scaremonger (they are wrong about almost everything) but just Keep Calm and Carry On.

It's basically not much more than the common cold.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
14,000 confirmed cases, 304 dead.
btw that is a mortality rate very much in line with influenza.

It's 2% of all the cases resulting in deaths: 304 out of 14,000 (do the maths if you don't believe me).

So nothing much to worry about then.

Stop scaremongering, liberal.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will go about out daily lives as normal, this will be forgotten about in a month and you will look like a right tit.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017

It is a must to prevent anyone going to or coming out of China, especially this infected town.. until the situation of the disease is stopped.
While some cases reported in many countries: they said they contacted some persons coming from China.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I don't know if we need to be "scared" of this virus as most of the people who died were already medically compromised. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens. For now, I'll simply continue on with my life as I did before this whole thing happened. I mean, what else does one do?

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
No need to be scared.. I think it is only an ordinary Influenza .. maybe some stronger strain .. then when the weather gets warmer, it may disappear .. but the health authorities cannot bear the responsibility and they fear if things get worse, they may be taken to account. God is the All-Knowing.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
It isn't influenza its a coronavirus

The main thing people should not do is believe anything they hear about it on the internet (here)

Health Canada will let everyone know what they need to know

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
It isn't influenza its a coronavirus
The main thing people should not do is believe anything they hear about it on the internet (here)
Health Canada will let everyone know what they need to know

Of course Health Canada and Health World .. all of them are doing their duty; but if you imagine the situation.
I remember there was an epidemic: the Cholera epidemic in Iraq, which was efficiently combated and conquered: every case of diarrhea was considered Cholera until proved otherwise.

So in this situation of the Corona-virus: when such symptoms appear they will be considered Corona-virus until proved otherwise .. which is a correct health work.