Greta

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If you believe that climate change is happening with potentially disastrous consequences, what type and what level of lifestyle change do you think would be needed to ward off the dangers? Would you (will you) be willing to adopt any of those changes?
Dump the believers overboard. Help them do their part in saving the planet.Maybe move to Mexico where I would not have to heat the house and swimming pool with wood.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
Greta represents an expression of rejection the Wests moral values, like the Military Industrial Complex and its resultant infuence on mankind.
Children of the world unite to break the bonds of greed, etc.
I get it.
Some body has to do something.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you believe that climate change is happening with potentially disastrous consequences, what type and what level of lifestyle change do you think would be needed to ward off the dangers? Would you (will you) be willing to adopt any of those changes?
There is little more I could do if it were our fault.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Greta represents an expression of rejection the Wests moral values, like the Military Industrial Complex and its resultant infuence on mankind.
I get it.
Some body has to something.
So it isn’t about climate change.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Dump the believers overboard. Help them do their part in saving the planet.Maybe move to Mexico where I would not have to heat the house and swimming pool with wood.
And the cartels continually cull the population so it does not get too crowded.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I get it.
Some body has to something.
Funny you mention that. Remember how we were warned by Eisenhower of the industrial military complex?

Have you heard this part of the speech?

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central, it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocation, and the power of money is ever present and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet in holding scientific discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Funny you mention that. Remember how we were warned by Eisenhower of the industrial military complex?

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central, it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocation, and the power of money is ever present and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet in holding scientific discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite.
Facts bother progs.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
I know the situation too well, and so did Eisenhower, as he was one of the creators.
Many retired American Generals suffer from the complex, but were blinded by the light, as described by Andrew Bacevich, ex US military officer in his book
https://theintercept.com/2016/04/23...uided-war-to-control-the-greater-middle-east/

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Facts bother progs.
Facts like this bother me.
Don’t you know that a war his going on?
Just some facts.
The U.S. military drops a bomb on average every 12 minutes.
The U.S. military burns on average 10million gallons of fuel daily.
As we communicate, the U.S. military is actively bombing 7 predominately Brown/Muslim countries.
More
What will Greta think?